MINISTRY OF INTERIOR, FEDERAL AND RECONCILIATION OF
GALMUDUG STATE OF SOMALIA IN PARTNERSHIP WITH UNCDF/JPLG
- General Information
|Title of Position:
||Admin and Finance Consultant (Local Development Fund)
|Type of Contract:
|Duration of the assignment:
||5 months, with possibility of Extension subject to performance.
||Dusamareeb, Galmudug Somalia
II. Background of the assignment.
|The UN Joint Program on Local Governance and Decentralized Service Delivery Projects (JPLG), Phase III is a 5-year program implemented by ILO, UNCDF, UNDP, UN-HABITAT and UNICEF. The Program is aligned with the National Development Plan II and supports the establishment and transformation of local government through capacitated institutions, legal frameworks, policies and practices that are accountable, inclusive, and gender-equal that support the effective delivery of services which contribute to improving local service delivery and responsive governance.
JPLG will focus on creating an enabling environment for improved service delivery and greater stability, through improved legal, policy and system frameworks. It will also support enhanced local government capacities and promote more inclusive local governance, with greater attention given to women, youth and minority groups. Specific program outcomes are as follows:
Ø Outcome 1: Policy, legal and regulatory frameworks on local governance finalized.
Ø Outcome 2: Local governments have the capacity to deliver equitable and sustainable services, promote economic development and peace.
Ø Outcome 3: Local governments demonstrate improved engagement of citizens, with an emphasis on women and marginalized groups.
Throughout the Programme, strong emphasis will be placed on gender and women in local government, human rights and local governance, and good governance principles of transparency, accountability, and participation.
In this context, the Ministry of Interior and Local Government, with support from JPLG/UNCDF wishes to recruit a Consultant Technical Advisor, Administration and Finance, to be based in the Planning Department. Under the direct supervision of the Director General and Director of Local Governments of the Ministry, the Consultant will provide relevant technical and logistical support to the Ministry of Interior to accomplish the following tasks:
- Take on responsibility for LDF administration including preparing and reviewing JPLG financial reporting including all JPLG partners.
- Support and oversee the preparation of financial reports of LDF by the target district and ensure its in line with the set requirements.
- Support internal auditing exercises at MOI/LG, and support MOI/LG to carry out improvements in its financial and reporting systems.
- Support ongoing municipal finance strategies and process at district level and help districts meet the required financial documentation.
- Scope of Work.
|The Consultant will provide technical and capacity building support for MOI/LG administration and finance department. She or he will support target districts prepare the financial reporting of the LDF for Joint Program on Local Governance Projects (JPLG). The consultant will support MOI prepare standard and efficient financial reporting and documentation for all UNJPLG supported LOAs. S/he will also participate in MOI/LG internal and compliance audits and annual auditing exercise, including preparatory tasks for the audits.
- Functions / Summary of Key Assignments
|The consultant will:
- Under the guidance of the Director General and Director of Administration and Finance, the consultant shall assist the development processes of Mid-term Financial reporting requirements across all the line agencies of MOI.
- Support target districts to implement the comprehensive strategy for district level financial reporting and supports the district in planning and execution of its budget.
- Provide support to maintenance of the online LDF tracking database
- Together with Director of the Department of Local Governments of the MOI/LG, support implementation of municipal finance policies, strategies and guidelines in the target districts.
- Facilitate preparation and enactment of amendments and changes in the applicable legislative and regulatory frameworks on local finance management and planning.
- Provide technical hands-on support in the preparation of financial documents at the local level and promote better service delivery and local development through enabling of effective and efficient financial standards.
- Provide technical assistance to ensure preparation of financial reports for MOI/LG focusing on results and disbursements against the work plans and budgets, and within the context of the existing LOAs between MOI/LG and UNJPLG Agencies.
- Assist internal auditing exercises at MOI/LG to identify and address areas of weakness in the fiscal management system.
- Support external auditing exercise and provide relevant documentation as requested.
- Facilitate timely LDF payments and Central Government transfers to local governments
- Together with the Local Development Fund and Revenue Consultant, work to provide backstopping support to LDF districts to generate requisitions and other financial documents.
- Manage LDF payments documentation and maintain document files after certification by the Local Government Development Fund and Revenue Consultant.
- Undertake supervision, monitoring and evaluation activities, and document experiences, lessons learned and emerging good practices.
- Undertake any other relevant duties as directed by supervisor
| V. Deliverables.
- Monthly progress reports, showing delivered assignments and planned activities.
- Quarterly narrative reporting to standards approved by MOI/LG and UNCDF.
- Documented follow-up actions that help enable MOI to implement its LOA with UNCDF
- Regular follow up of all tasks as required in the TOR above.
- Proven experience in administration and finance, preferably in UN supported programs.
- Demonstrable experience in financial reporting and keeping of finance related documents.
- Demonstrable shared commitment to MOI’s mission, vision and values.
- Ability to work under pressure, with excellent analytical communication skills.
- Ability to perform a variety of specialized tasks related to Results Management, including support in financial regulations and procedures.
- Focuses on serving clients and obtaining result and responds positively to feedback.
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude.
- Recruitment Qualification.
University Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or any other relevant field. Additional qualifications such as a master’s degree in Finance Management, Economics, accounting will be an added advantage.
- At least 3 years of relevant experience at the National/Galmudug level is required.
- Proven experience in administration and finance.
- Experience in the use of computers and Office software packages (MS Word, Excel).
- Self-driven and motivated, able to work under a minimum guidance.
- Pays attention to detail and ensures transparency and accountability.
- Service minded and helpful, energetic and positive, and takes pride in capacitating others.
- Application Instructions.
|Interested and qualified candidates are requested to send their applications (CV, Motivational letter, scan copy of credentials and three work related referees) to firstname.lastname@example.org and copy to Mohamed.email@example.com. Applications that do not meet the above requirements will be disregarded. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Female qualified applicants are especially encouraged to apply.
Deadline of the application is: 24 – July– 2021.
Note: “When applying this vacancy, please indicate clearly (MOI – LDF Admin and Finance Consultant – Dusamareb GSS) in the subject of the email.
——- NAGUSOO BIIR — SOMALI JOBS————-
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somalijobs
1302 total views, 1 today