Admin & Finance Assistant
- Job category: Accountant/Finance/Budget Affairs
- Post date:19 Aug 2019
- Share job:
Terms of Reference (TORs)
- Description of the post
The Ministry Of Constitutional and Federalism Affairs is seeking to hire Administration and Finance Assistant for RECONCILATION AND FEDERALISM SUPPORT PROJECT (REFS) FOR SOMALIA (2019-2021). The Assistant will be responsible to ensure that MOFCA and relevant ministers such as ministry of interior will receive administrative support in a timely and efficient manner, and this is done in accordance with JSS policies and procedures. Furthermore, that the administration and finance systems and procedures are applied consistently and fairly. The Finance and Administration assistant will consult closely at all times with the MOFCA and ministry of Interior, local governance and Reconciliation.
This position is initially for Five months but may be renewed depending on performance and availability of funds. The MOCFAand Ministry of Interior invite applicants who are citizens of Somalia for this position.
The Admin/finance Assistant will work under the supervision DG. Achievement of Deliverables will be approved by the supervisors. Payment will be made upon certification by supervisor including time sheets for actual dates of work and performance in accordance with activities and deliverables as reported in the activity report.
Consultancy Title: Admin/Finance Assistant
Supervisor: Admin, Finance/HR Director
Job Category: Admin/Finance Assistant
Duty Station: Kismayo, Somalia
Contract Start Date:Immediate
Date of Issue: 19th August 2019
Closing Date 2nd September 2019
- Organization and Project Description
Somalia is at this juncture targeting to further capacitate its institutions with the view of not only to solidify the gains so far achieved in peace and state-building but to move the goal posts further by ensuring that for the first time, in three decades, the Somali citizens elect their own representatives by 2021. To realize this goal of peace and state building that is in harmony with the SDGs, the National Development Plan and the JSS Strategic Plan among other institutions, Jubaland State of Somalia aims to put in place more accountable and responsive institutions that promotes and practices inclusive politics.
The Purpose of this project is to support MOCFAJSS Establishment of, and Support to, the National Reconciliation Commission/Forum, Reconciliation Plans and federalism process at FGS and FMS working through MoIFAR and related FMS bodies.
This will involve supporting the ongoing establishment of the designated bodies, institutional capacity development, training and support for necessary research and diagnostics, support to national reconciliation plans and conferences and associated meetings/mediation. This activity also supports the development of National Level Reconciliation forum/bodies and required public administration grievances mechanism at FGS and FMS level. REFS has also budgeted resources to ensure both FGS and FMS participation, provided such involvement is agreed upon between the state, communities and federal officials. This activity also will provide some support to preparatory work for the formation of the proposed Truth and Reconciliation Commission if preparations commence.
3. Objectives of Assignment:
The overall objective of the assignment is to assist the MOFCAJSS in implementing its overall strategy, prepare detailed work plans, establish standardized approaches to Reconciliation and Federalism efforts in the state. The Admin/Finance Assistant will be responsible for carrying out, with due diligence and efficiency, all Activities in accordance with JSS’s Financial regulations, rules and other directives. The consultant will ensure that the functions outlined below, and the scope of work is satisfactorily carried out.
4. Functions/Scope of work will include:
- Ensure that all funds provided will be used in the most efficient and economical way applying the value-for-money principle.
- Procurement of goods and service will be conducted based on a competitive process applying the value-for-money principle in consultation with partners.
- Make sure that THE MOFCA – JSS jointly with funding agency will complete the procurement process to ensure compliance with standard procurement business processes. The subsequent contract/ purchase order will be issued upon acceptance by funding agency for satisfactorily completion of procurement process.
- Ensure that budget estimate is shared with funding agency for approval before conduct of any workshop/ training/ conference/ event to ensure funds are provisioned as per rules and regulations and estimate is within the approved budget.
- When accommodation is needed, Hotels that (used to) have an Long Term Agreement with funding agency are requested to be considered, as they are registered vendors with funding agency and have approved competitive rates.
- Collect three quotations if it’s Micro-canvassing
- Implement financial policies and procedures
- Draft all necessary administration and financial management correspondence and be responsible for follow-up
- Collect, update and maintain financial files and records and Prepare reports.
- Ensure the regular maintenance and prompt repair of office equipment.
- Set up and maintain an appropriate office filing system and assets registry record.
- Prepare the necessary required Financial Reports at the time of requesting the advance of funds on the basis of a corresponding work plan and budget.
- Manage funds in conformity with the administrative and financial procedures of the ministry
- Assist with preparation of the budget
- Establish new and maintain existing supplier lists
- Receive and verify and process supplier invoices
- Ensure transactions are properly recorded and entered into the computerized accounting system
- Maintain the assets register
- Submit staff time sheets for payroll processing
- Perform any other duties as required.
- Expected Outputs and Deliverables
- Filling system is established
- Procurement plan is prepared and implemented
- Competitive bidding process for LOA activities
- Asset Registration
- Technical and logistical support to the meetings/workshops and forums
- Monthly reports and briefing for the office of the President, Ministry of Interior, progress made, challenges encountered, and corrective action proposed
- Contributing to the Emerging State coordination meetings, reporting and progress, updates and document emerging States’ capacity building support.
- Reports to be provided:
- Monthly report for completed activities and deliverables with documents developed, training and workshop reports.
- Quarterly Narrative Final report.
- Institutional Arrangement
The consultant shall work under the direct supervision of the chief of staff and minister of interior ofJubaland State of Somalia. Achievement of deliverables will be approved by the supervisors. Payment will be made upon certification by the chief of staff or minister of interior including time sheets for actual dates of work and consultant performance in accordance with activities and deliverables as reported in the activity report.
- Duty Station
Duty station of the consultant will be at the offices of the MOCFA of the Jubaland State of Somalia in Kismayo.
- Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business Administration and Management, Public Administration or related field.
- At least 3 years of proven experience in Federal Member States, programme development and implementation.
- Specific experience in carrying out the tasks described in this TOR;
- Prior work in Jubaland State area is highly desirable and firm understanding of Somalia context.
- Fluency in English and Somali language
- Core competencies
- Excellent analytical skills, ability to synthesize and clearly present complex processes and issues to service the information needs of diverse audiences;
- Ability to translate strategic thinking and innovative ideas into practical operational recommendations;
- Results orientation and commitment to produce high-quality out come;
- Ability to work under tight deadlines;
- Ability to support strategic planning, results-based programming, management, reporting as well as resource mobilization efforts;
- Ability to support formulation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of development programmes and projects;
- Demonstrates outstanding oral and written communication and presentation skills;
- Strong interpersonal, negotiation and networking skills;
- Strong IT skills. Encourages the use of new technologies and strives for high standard of professional work;
- Strong inter-personal skills: Ability to motivate and inter-act with colleagues at all levels within the organization as well as with inter-agency partners.
- Gender mainstreaming
Jubaland State is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
- How to apply
Interested candidates should submit their CV along with their application letter via e-mail to: email@example.com copying firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com not later than 15th September 2019
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
2054 total views, 4 today