Admin & Finance Assistant – Hargeisa, Somaliland
- Job category: Accountant/Finance/Budget Affairs
- Post date:16 May 2020
- Job expires in: 11 days
- Share job:
Position: Admin & Finance Assistant
Location: Hargeisa, Somaliland
Reports to: Finance Manager/General Manager
Staff under supervision: Accountant, cashier, etc.)
The role of the Admin & Finance Assistant involves providing financial and administrative support to colleagues, clients and stakeholders of the business. It’s a role that may attract applicants keen to move up the financial corporate ladder; those with ambitions of being Finance Managers, or even the CFO one day.
Finance Assistant’s job description should highlight the need for candidates who are focused on outcomes, excellent problem solvers and strong communicators.
We are looking for a Finance Assistant to take charge of the financial health of our company by administering accounting operations to meet legal requirements.
You should be familiar with audits, invoices and budget preparations. Our ideal candidate demonstrates interest in managing accounting activities, including bank reconciliations, accounts payable and accounts receivable. You should also have excellent organizational skills and be able to handle time-sensitive tasks.
Ultimately, you’ll be responsible for the day-to-day management of our financial transactions and procedures.
Admin & Finance Assistant duties and responsibilities of the job
· Assist in budget preparation and management activities.
· Develop financial policies to ensure operational efficiency.
· Conduct periodic financial analysis to identify and resolve issues, gaps or variances.
· Manage cash controls as well as maintain book keeping up-to-date.
· Ensure maintenance of the general and subsidiary ledgers.
· Track investments and maintain relevant cash reserves.
· Ensure all expenses are within assigned project budget.
· Oversee the preparation of all financial statements, invoices, proposals, etc as required.
· Ensure account receivables and payables activities are performed accurately and timely.
· Ensure that financial transactions are properly updated and recorded.
· Reconciling daily, monthly and yearly transactions
· Manage the preparation of balance sheets, income statements, expense reports, etc.
· Ensure data integrity in all financial reporting.
· Update financial records with recent transactions and changes.
· Perform finance analysis, reporting and management tasks.
· Identify and resolve invoicing issues, accounting discrepancies and other financial related issues.
· Review financial paperwork and procedures and make appropriate changes.
· Resolve financial disputes raised by the customer service and sales teams
· Being a key point of contact for other departments on financial and accounting matters
· Supporting the Finance Manager and executives with projects and tasks when required
Admin & Finance Assistant job qualifications and requirements
· Proven work experience as a Finance Officer or similar role (2 or 3 years experience)
· Solid knowledge of financial and accounting procedures
· Experience using financial software (Sage 50 / Peachtree)
· Advanced MS Excel skills / Microsoft Office
· Knowledge of financial regulations (IFRS is considered a plus)
· Excellent analytical and numerical skills
· Sharp time management skills
· Strong ethics, with an ability to manage confidential data
· BSc degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics
· Professional qualification as a CFA/CPA is considered a plus
HOW TO APPLY
Apply through email: firstname.lastname@example.org Before June 15th 2020
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
3677 total views, 82 today