Admin & Finance Officer – Borama, Somaliland
Somaliland Skills Training Association (SOSTA) is a non-profit making organization, which was founded in 2008 and with headquarters in Borama, Awdal region of Somaliland but planning to operate in all regions of Somaliland. SOSTA’s vision is to become a leading employment and skills training organization in Somaliland as well as empowering vulnerable groups to capitalize on their resources. Its mission is to help alleviate the sufferings of unemployed youth, women, IDPs and other vulnerable groups. The organization has a formal organizational structure that defines the roles and responsibility of its members and staff guided by clear policy and procedures.
Position: Admin & Finance Officer
Report to: Program Director
Liaises with: Logistics and Program staff
Provide an effective support for the smooth running of the SOSTA Programme‘s admin functions whilst you will be required to support the finance functions of the Office from time to time.
You are required to focus on ensuring that the administrative functions of the programme are efficiently managed while also carrying out other duties required to support finance functions of the Office. The performance of this role will require flexibility and excellent time management skills to achieve expected standards job objectives.
Main duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform/oversee the day to day administrative functions of SOSTA Office and line manage domestic staff
- Make arrangements for programme meetings and workshops
- Ensuring office lease agreement and contract for utilities are drawn up or renewed in a timely manner
- Ensure that office furniture and equipment are well maintained and properly utilized by the staff including routine checks and repairs are carried out on office toilets, lights, and fans, wears and tears on the wall etc.
- Ensure that the office compound is always clean and the hygiene of the surrounding environment is well maintained
- Placing the order and managing the utilization of the office stationery
- Coordinate the settlement of the monthly utility and bills telephone of the office and ensure that the personal calls are properly accounted for.
- Ensure that programme staff both complete their monthly time sheet and time sheets are submitted to finance
- Ensure that accurate and up to date records of the administrative and HR functions are maintained all the time.
- Contribute to the staff recruitment by assisting with advertisements, arranging interviews and correspondences and arrange and ensure induction of all new staff takes place.
- Ensure that personnel files and records for all staff HR records, including monthly staff list and leave register/plans are up to date
- Effectively, handle grievances by the domestic staff in consultation with Operations Coordinator
- Oversee the financial functions of SOSTA and ensure timely and accurate financial reports
- Responsible for entering financial information and maintaining all financial records for projects and for the organization.
- Manage financial controls, prepare and analyze budgets, develop financial reports, and make recommendations to the organization on budgeted expenditures.
- Monitor the expenditures to ensure that program funds are utilized appropriately by the close of the grants periods.
- Provide orientation and trainingto the organization staff on cost-effective management.
- Ensure that all financial reporting is completed on time and submitted to donors.
- Oversee the financial audits of all projects of the organization.
- Provide financial inputs in proposal development, project management, human resource management in policies and procedure development and other areas of administration.
- Strictly apply financial and control procedures in place and the standard forms in place
- Ensure that each transaction and payment has the necessary supporting documents, justification and approval before payment is made.
- Maintain the Financial Manual of SOSTA and ensure that it is updated from time to time.
- Prepare and maintain monthly cash flow projection for the programme with the funding available.
- To provide weekly, monthly and annual financial reports.
- To prepare and maintain up to date the accounting system, ensuring that all transactions are duly recorded.
- To keep and manage petty cash and be prepared for surprise cash counts.
- To store financial documents in a way that is simple and effective and in line with SOSTA procedures.
- To prepare financial reports for donors.
- To supervise and provide guidance to staff members regarding issues related to finance
- Create and modify financial documents using relevant systems.
- Maintain hard copy and electronic filing system.
- Administer and monitor the financial system in order to ensure that the organization finances are maintained in an accurate and timely manner
- Conduct inventory count and maintain inventory/asset list.
- Establish, maintain and reconcile cash count and the general ledger
- Undertake any additional work assigned by the line manager
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Degree in accounting or related field
- Ability to present financial data in a clear and coherent manner
- Qualified local female applicants will be given priority.
- At least three years experience in financial management for NGOs
- Experience in working in a complex, insecure environments
- High level of spoken and written English
- excellent interpersonal skills both written and verbal
- Ability and willingness to interact successfully and respectfully with people at all levels and from all backgrounds
- Ability to work under pressure and without constant supervision.
- Flexibility and ability to carry out additional duties and tasks as required and adapt to a changing operational environment
- Innovative and pro-active with a positive attitude
A COMPETITIVE SALARY WILL BE PAID FOR THIS POSITION
Interested candidates, who meet the above requirements, should apply by submitting their applications (cover letter, updated CV and contacts of 3 professional referees) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Application for Admin & Finance Officer”. The closing date for application is 12 September 2021.
Applications and CVs submitted after deadline will not be considered. Only shortlisted will be contacted for interviews.
——- NAGUSOO BIIR — SOMALI JOBS————-
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somalijobs
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1428 total views, 1 today