Admin & Finance Officer – Hargeisa, Somaliland
- Job category: Accountant/Finance/Budget Affairs
- Post date:15 Jul 2021
- Share job:
University of Hargeisa
Legal Aid Clinic
|Position title||Admin and Finance Officer|
|Report to||Legal Aid Clinic Executive Director|
|Duty station||Hargiesa, with frequent travel to project locations|
|Number of positions||1|
|Issue Date||14 July 2021|
|Closing date||21 July 2021|
About Legal Aid Clinic (LAC)
University of Hargeisa Legal aid clinic (LAC) was established in 2002 and became operational in 2003. The organization has remarkably embarked on substantial achievement to meet its destined objective in relation to serving pro poor persons living in the boundary of Somaliland to protect rights and freedoms of vulnerable groups including but not limited to women, children, elderly people, and internally displaced persons. LAC is an autonomous non-profit, non-governmental, entity affiliated with University of Hargeisa which is the leading and largest higher academic institution in Somaliland. LAC has lawyers and paralegals operate to support low-income people who are seeking for legal aid. LAC’s mission is to be the leading provider of quality legal aid and legal education services.
About the Programme
LAC is implementing at the sub project that aims to work with ADR centers by empowering traditional leaders to properly solve cases on the basis of community will and preference. The project aims to strengthen the social contracts in Togdheer, Sool and Sanaag regions of Somaliland through establishing ADR Centres. The project will give priority for serving the most vulnerable people within the society including women, girls and SGBV survivors through providing health, psychosocial and legal support.
With funds from The Government of the Kingdom of Netherlands, through IDLO’s consortium leadership, LAC is in partnership with IDLO and other implementing partners to implement a project in Somaliland entitled “Strengthening the Social Contract through Access to Justice in Somaliland.”
The purpose of this project is to strengthen the social contract in Somaliland, by increasing the legitimacy of justice sector institutions. This overall goal will be achieved through three mutually reinforcing objectives: (1) to Improve access to alternative dispute resolution mechanisms and referral pathways, especially for vulnerable groups (2) to Enhance access to formal justice for vulnerable groups through holistic support to GBV survivors and affected communities, and (3) to Increase participation of citizens in Somaliland in accountability processes relating to the provision of security and justice.
About the position:
The officer will work under the immediate supervision of the Clinical Director and/or Program Manager and will be responsible for the administration and financial management of the Legal Clinic.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Compiling financial information, preparing financial statements and the monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports.
- Recording, classifying, and summarizing financial transactions and events in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Keeping abreast of laws and regulations that apply to legal accounting to maintain up-to-date compliance.
- Initiating and processing journal entries into various accounts.
- Reconciling sub-ledgers to the general ledger and resolving differences.
- Explaining accounting transactions and resolving accounting issues and discrepancies.
- Developing and maintaining all office administrative systems including attendance and leave records, filing, expenditure and invoicing.
- Support all project activities (Workshops, community awareness sessions, Trainings and office meetings etc.) in timely, manner.
- Assisting with case administration including developing and managing the case filing system; preparation of intake forms; and ensuring file management procedures are followed.
- Attend and participate in project meetings and give input to financial related matters;
- Ordering and maintaining stationery and equipment supplies.
- Record keeping for the purpose of quarterly financial and narrative reports.
- Any other duties as specified by the Clinical director.
- Bachelor degree in Finance, Accounting or related Business Administration field.
- At least 2 years of working experience as an Admin and Finance Officer, accounting or similar role.
- Good knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping procedures
- Advanced MS Excel skills (creating spreadsheets and using financial functions)
- Familiarity with accounting software (e.g. QuickBooks) Organizational and time-management skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills Commitment to working in a team
- Good problem solving skills and multitasking
- Fluency in English and Somali languages
Interested candidates should submit their updated CVs, copies of certificates, recommendation letter, and cover later (in one document) to email@example.com not later than July 21 July 2021.
——- NAGUSOO BIIR — SOMALI JOBS————-
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somalijobs
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1969 total views, 1 today