Administrative Finance Assistant – Garowe, Puntland, Somalia
- Job category: Accountant/Finance/Budget Affairs
- Post date:12 Jan 2022
- Job expires in: 4 days
- Share job:
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Internal candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Under the overall supervision of the Resource Management Officer and the direct supervision of the Finance Officer, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing effective and efficient administrative support to Resource Management Unit for Admin and Finance functions in Sub Office Garowe and also covering Bossaso area.**
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Ensure that all invoices are verified as per IOM & donor regulations, cash and cheque payment requests are duly completed and coded correctly in PRISM, certified and authorized by authorized staff and all the necessary supporting documents are provided before payment is made.
- Continuously monitor the funding status of the IOM Somalia sub- offices to ensure sufficiency of available funds and prepare funding request accordingly.
- Maintain accounting spread sheets in accordance with IOM procedures.
- Analyse and reconciles service providers accounts and ensures that invoices are correct, projects are charged a true and fair cost of their usage and any private usage is duly recovered/reimbursed.
- Check and ensure that all Travel Authorizations (TAs) and Expense Claims are correctly completed and TASS is updated accordingly.
- Review vendor Master data for both staff and suppliers in sub-offices and settle the outstanding items.
- Review Sub Office internal controls and notify the HoSO and Resource Management Officer (RMO) of any potential weaknesses and propose corrective measures required.
- Perform month end closure processes and assist in the preparation and dispatch of monthly accounting returns package and bank reconciliation be sent to the Regional Accounting Focal as well as support Finance Officer with responding to the Mission’s Periodic Checklist Review.
- Regularly update and maintain the mission’s bank signatory panel to its bank accounts held with financial institutions operated by the Mission
- Create and maintain effective filling & e-filling systems as per financial instructions and documents for ease of reference and ensure all vouchers are paid stamped before filling.
- Assist hiring requests in Sub Office in liaison with HR Unit and assist onboarding of new staff to sub-office.
- In coordination with HR colleagues, to manage staff attendance according to established procedures. Maintain a file for attendance records (copies) for all local staff in sub office i.e. daily timesheets, Annual and Sick Leave records, and monitor the Rest & Recuperation (R&R) Schedule for all staff in accordance with the Staff Rules and Regulations.
- In coordination with HR colleagues, to manage overtime requests and hours worked for all staff and ensure actual hours worked are recorded accordingly.
- Prepare work plans for the Administration Unit. Prepare reports as and when required.
- Follow up on any other HR and admin related issues in the sub-Office.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
Required Qualifications and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and Finance, Business Administration, Public Administration from an accredited academic institution with three years of relevant professional experience; or
• High School Degree in the above fields with minimum five years of relevant professional experience, or an equivalent combination of training and experience
• Preferable three years of relevant professional experience in a busy administrative and finance office/environment.
• Experience working with accounting and procurement system, an advantage.
• Experience working in respective programme/project preferably at field level, in emergency and conflict environments.
• Previous experience with UN and International Agencies, international or local NGOs is required.
• Mature individual, able to work independently, under pressure, able to maintain accuracy, paying attention to details, meeting deadlines and working with minimal supervision.
• Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills with proven ability to work effectively and harmoniously with a team of colleagues.
• Demonstrated ability to maintain integrity in performing responsibilities assigned.
• Strong knowledge of computer applications, especially MS Word, Excel, Outlook and Access. Knowledge of SAP an added advantage
• Fluency in English and Somali both written and spoken is required.
· Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
· Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
· Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioral indicators level 1
· Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
· Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
· Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
· Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
· Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
· Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
How to Apply
How to apply:
Interested candidates should submit CV and a cover letter indicating the Special Vacancy Notice Number (SVN No.), Position Title and the Duty Station with three professional referees and their contacts (both email and telephone) to: email@example.com
From 12.01.2022 to 25.01.2022
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
——- NAGUSOO BIIR — SOMALI JOBS————-
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somalijobs
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1899 total views, 1 today