ADMINISTRATOR AND LOGISTICIAN – Puntland, Garowe and Bosasso
- Job category: Logistics/Supply Chain
- Post date:14 Oct 2020
- Share job:
ADMINISTRATOR AND LOGISTICIAN – PUNTLAND
- Organization: European Committee for Agricultural Training
- Country: Somalia
- City: Puntland, Garowe and Bosasso
Duration: 12 Months (renewable)
Station: BOSASSO (50%) and GAROWE (50%) – PUNTLAND
Start Date: 01.11.2020
CEFA (The European Committee for Agricultural Training) is an Italian Non-Governmental Organization established in 1972 and active in 10 Countries in Africa, Latin America, and Eastern Europe. CEFA’s medium- and long-term interventions in the agricultural, environmental, and human rights sectors are focused on the sustainable development of the communities, achieved by involving local counterparts and promoting the active participation of the beneficiaries.
Objective of the position:
CEFA is implementing a 4 years project funded by IFAD (International Fund For Agricultural Development) and AICS (Italian Agency for Development Cooperation) on food security to support rural development of the agricultural and livestock value chains in Puntland. We thus require an Administrator/Logistician to support the financial management, procurement, and administrative duties at the Puntland level (Garowe and Bosaso offices) for purposes of the project implementation and support.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the direct supervision of the Regional Administrator and the Puntland Area Manager, and in liaison with the Program Coordinator, the Puntland Administrator/Logistician will support CEFA projects in Puntland in financial, logistics management, and reporting throughout the life of the project.
· To ensure that the necessary logistics for the project set up are all timely effected.
· Supporting with necessary permits and licenses for office set up in the region.
· Managing all the procurements for the project.
· Supervising junior staff like driver, cleaners and guards, housekeeper.
· In charge of overall office administration in Bosasso and Garowe.
· Managing the day to day staff attendance and human resource records maintenance
· Managing day to day bookkeeping at the field level, filing, bank relations, and ledger entries into Quick Books.
· Supporting visa processing for expatriates and daily communication and liaison with local suppliers.
· Ensuring finance data entry at field level and onward forwarding of reports on a monthly basis
· Uploading of documents on a monthly basis to the support office in Nairobi
· Coordinating transport and logistics arrangements
· Office petty cash management, approval, filing, and supporting documents review.
Ensuring office and staff security and field level including seamless channeling of information
· Maintaining proper filing system both soft and hard copy for leases, contracts, and agreements
· Monitor and ensure that all the staff’s personal documents are updated and maintained in the personnel files at the field office.
· To complete required reports and submit a monthly logistics and financial report to the Regional Administrator.
· Ensure that all procurements are complying with CEFA/IFAD policies and procedures
· Supports the staff in the department in the handling of all procurement and other logistical works and documentation
· Ensure the filing system’s maintenance for the procurement office per grant and helps to update the files as when necessary.
· Maintaining the guest houses at Bosaso and Garowe.
· Review all delivered goods or materials as per the approved contract or Purchase Order (PO) with all relevant documents (delivery notes) being filled appropriately.
· Inform programs and other sectors timely about delivering goods and services at the appropriate site as expected and dealing with anomalies.
· Bachelor degree in Logistics or Business management and any other relevant field.
· Knowledge of Somali language will be an added advantage.
· Thorough method of working with the ability to work under pressure to pursue multiple tasks simultaneously to successful conclusions;
· Management ability to lead, motivate and develop staff;
· Committed team player;
· Good computer skills (Word, Excel);
· At least 3 plus years’ experience working as a Logistician or a related field
· Previous NGO work, work in Somalia/Somaliland, and experience in repairing/maintaining vehicles, communications (Codan HF, VHF) is desirable.
Commitment, punctuality, proactivity, good team player, ability to work under difficult conditions in the field, trustworthiness, and honesty.
Please apply by sending a cover letter and a CV with at least two reference contacts to the following email address:
the 22nd of October 2020
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1493 total views, 2 today