ADR Clerk – (4 Positions) – Hargeisa, Togdheer, Lasanood & Erigavo, Somaliland
- Job category: Social Science
- Post date:13 Sep 2021
- Job expires in: 1 day
- Share job:
TERMS OF REFERENCE
Four ADR Clerk
Strengthening the Social Contract through Access to Justice
Ministry of Justice
Locations: Hargeisa, Togdheer, Lasanood, Erigavo
The Ministry of Justice, in close collaboration International Development Law Organization (IDLO), is promoting a reformed and modernized Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) system through the establishment and operationalization of new Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) Centers in Hargeisa, Togdheer, Lasanood and Erigavo under the Program ‘Strengthening the Social Contract through Access to Justice in Somaliland’ funded by the Government of the Netherlands.
The programme aims to foster the social contract in Somaliland by increasing the legitimacy of justice institutions. The overall goal of the programme is expected to be achieved through three (3) intermediate outcomes: (1) improved access to an Alternative Dispute Resolution(ADR) mechanism and referral pathways, especially for vulnerable groups; (2) enhanced access to formal justice for vulnerable groups through holistic support to gender-based violence (GBV) survivors and affected communities; and (3) increased participation of citizens in Somaliland in accountability processes relating to the provision of security and justice. The specific mandate of each Centre is to facilitate the practice of ADR and settle claims and disputes at the community level, facilitating and increasing access to justice for the local population, particularly vulnerable categories.
The Ministry of Justice seeks to hire four ADR Clerks, one in Hargeisa, one in Togdheer, one in Lasanood and one in Erigavo, in charge of coordinating the establishment and operationalization of the Center. Under the supervision of the ADR Coordinator at the Ministry of Justice, the Clerk will act as project focal point for the specific ADR Center he will be assigned to and support the implementation of several components of the Program ‘Strengthening the Social Contract through Acess to Justice in Somaliland’.
The ADR Clerk will perform the following tasks:
- Support the ADR Coordinator in the establishment and operationalization of the Center;
- Ensure the assigned ADR Center’s operational implementation, including budgeting, logistics, administration and other activities as required;
- Prepare dockets or calendars of cases to be called;
- Receive, register and file the disputes or complaints submitted to the Center, which the Center has a jurisdiction to hear;
- Be the administration and finance officer of the ADR Center;
- Be responsible for preparing, holding and safely keeping all records and documents relating to the administration and financial matters of the Center;
- Be accountable for holding, maintaining and safekeeping of case registers, records, case files and all documents of disputes filed and rendered by Center;
- Prepare expenditure plan of the ADR Center, and execute the same upon approval;
- Undertake other duties required to do under the ADR SOP.
- Provide reception service including receiving visitors, responding to enquiries, taking messages, and maintaining the reception area as necessary;
- Assist in the purchase of routine office stationery and printing supplies and other good and services as requested under the program;
- Undertake general administrative duties including photocopying, filing, binding documents, archiving, and retrieval as required by the ADR Center’s ordinary administration;
- Keep the asset inventory of the ADR center up-to-date;
- Perform any other tasks as assigned by MOJ and IDLO
- Guide and support the adjudicators in their daily activities as well as monitor the fulfilment of the procedures and standards
Ideal Candidate Profile
- Fluency in English and Somali
- At least two years of relevant experience as Clerk/Administrative Officer or similar duties
- Basic knowledge of legal subjects
- University degree
- Residency in the area where the Center will be opened
- Excellent writing and reporting skills in English
- Sound knowledge of the traditional justice system in Somaliland
- Good knowledge of Computer Skills (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Excellent organizational, social and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Self-motivated and dynamic with a willingness and ability to use initiative to assist the organization in achieving its objectives;
- Keen sense of ethics, integrity and commitment.
How to apply
Interested candidates should submit their CV along with their application letter, verified copies of academic certificates and two references to (email@example.com) with subject line of Application for ADR Clerk Hargeisa, Application for ADR Clerk Togdheer, Application for ADR Clerk Lasanood OR Application for ADR Clerk Erigavo not later than 28th September 2021.
In light of the need to closely work and support vulnerable groups, including women, female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.
Somaliland Ministry of justice is an equal opportunity employer.
——- NAGUSOO BIIR — SOMALI JOBS————-
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somalijobs
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
3346 total views, 68 today