Advisor (Gender Equality and Women’s Empowerment) – Hargeisa, Somaliland
- Job category: Advisor
- Post date:14 Sep 2020
- Job expires in: 4 days
- Share job:
Terms of Reference
International Solidarity Foundation
Job Tittle: Advisor (Gender Equality and Women’s Empowerment)
Duty Station: Hargeisa, Somaliland
Type of contract: Full time, fixed-term (2 years)
Deadline: 29th September, 2020
The primary responsibility of the Advisor (GEWE) is to promote and lead the identification and testing of new innovative solutions and operating methods to promote women’s empowerment and combat FGM/VAW in Somaliland. The person plays an important role in maintaining harmonious and effective relationships with key stakeholders, such as ISF implementing partners, local authorities and other development actors. The role requires travel within Somaliland and East Africa. The incumbent reports to the ISF Country Manager.
The specific functions of the position are:
Coordinate the implementation of new FGM/VAW initiatives:
- Provide technical support and coordinate the implementation of new solutions, as identified in the ISF-UNTF project to combat VAWG/FGM during the COVID-19 outbreak, e.g. raise awareness through SMS, interactive voice response system (IVR) and mobile theatres, and online engagement of women’s community organizations.
- Monitor and report progress of the new initiatives. Ensure timely and efficient implementation of project activities and ensure that results are aligned with approved work plan.
- Analyse progress and lessons learned from the new initiatives
- Develop and implement a plan for sharing lessons learned among relevant actors in Somaliland
- Identify and link to related ongoing activities within other institutions and encourage collaboration and synergies.
Identify new solutions and best practices for women’s empowerment
- Identify and collect good practices and lessons learned from women’s empowerment in Somalia and Africa, contributing to a collection of replicable good practices.
- Create and maintain an internal database of knowledge and best practices resources
- Conceptualize and coordinate the testing of identified new solutions and practices
- Build strategic alliances with other key actors internally and externally to advocate for women’s empowerment and ending VAWG/FGM
- Network actively with other actors in the gender field
- Produce relevant advocacy and communication/information materials
Support ISF programme and project development
- Support ISF team in the partner selection process and 2022-25 programme development;
- Support partners in project planning, including the development of project plans and monitoring plans (incl data collection and verification tools) for the new programme period;
- Participate in proposal development by contributing gender expertise to programme design
- Provide inputs for quarterly, annual and donor reports on the state of the implementation of project activities;
- Produce success stories, case studies and briefings
- Support ISF and partners in applying and developing ISF Women’s Health and Small Business Manual
- Build GEWE capacity and understanding among ISF and partner staff
- Facilitate the capacity and skills of ISF partners on gender equality and women’s empowerment through identification of training needs and development and delivery of training
- Pursue and find knowledge and experience from other agencies at the national, regional or international level and improve the partner knowledge and experience.
Any other duties assigned by the country manager
- Profound knowledge on prevention of violence against women and the status quo in Somaliland
- Excellent ability to produce, interpret, and analyse data and write analytical reports
- Accomplishes work of confidential nature and handles a large volume of work
- Supports a team and has team building skills
- Ability to work independently
- Robust training, mentoring and guidance skills
- Focuses on results and pays attention to details
- Generates new ideas and identifies innovative and effective ways of doing things;
- Documents and conceptualizes strategies/best practices/new approaches;
- Reports in a timely manner and with high quality to both internal and external partners
- Organizes and prioritizes work plans to meet deadlines;
- Establishes, builds and sustains effective relationships within the work unit and with internal and external partners;
- Responds to partners needs promptly.
- Degree in law, development or gender studies, political science, social studies or closely related field.
- BA with additional four years of experience may be accepted.
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in gender equality and women’s empowerment (GEWE), preferably related to VAWG/FGM prevention is required.
- A minimum of 3 years of demonstrated project experience
- Research on topics related to gender equality, women’s empowerment and/or prevention of violence against women will be highly valued
- Previous experience working with international organizations will be considered an asset.
- Excellent English language skills both written and oral and good translation skills.
- Excellent report writing skills
Key Working Relationships:
Reporting: The position reports to Country Manager but will collaborate closely with ISF Programme Team in Helsinki, Finland.
Other external contacts: Partners, Donors, Cluster Groups, Government etc.
How to Apply
Interested candidates, who meet the above requirements, should submit their applications using below link on or before 29th September, 2020.
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
2101 total views, 118 today