Air Transport Economic Regulations Advisor – Mogadishu, Somalia
- Job category: AIRPORT Affairs
- Post date:7 Oct 2021
- Share job:
Somali Civil Aviation Authority (SCAA)
Job Description for Air Transport Economic Regulations Advisor
|JOB TITLE||Air Transport Economic Regulations Advisor||GOVERNMENT AGENCY||Somali Civil Aviation Authority (SCAA)|
|JOB GROUP||Aviation Regulations and Oversight||DUTY STATION||Mogadishu, Somalia|
|DEPARTMENT||Air Transportation Department||BRANCH:||N/A|
|REPORTS TO||SCAA DG|
Somali Civil Aviation Authority (SCAA) mission is to develop the air transport industry in accordance with the latest international standards, strengthen the position of the Federal Republic of Somalia as a globally influential player in civil aviation, achieve financial growth and sustainability, and enforce the relevant rules, regulations and procedures to ensure air transport safety and security.
The Air Transport Economic Regulations Advisor is an ad-hoc position in the Air Transportation Department within the Aviation Regulation and Oversight Group of the Somalia Civil Aviation Authority.
The mandate of the Air Transportation Department is the regulation and oversight of the economic viability of the aviation sector to ensure its sustainability and service offering for the Somali public.
The incumbent reports directly to the SCAA Director General. He or she interacts directly with commercial operators, aviation personnel and organizations, SCAA colleagues from both within and outside the Department, as well as other aviation stakeholders
- Meeting tight deadlines in response to urgent requests from SCAA DG.
- Spending long hours in an office environment.
- Deliver on the job training for Air Transport staff.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Advising to the Director General for the Air Transport Economic Regulations aspects of Somali Civil Aviation System.
Specific functions include:
- Develop functions and responsibilities of the department of Air transport
- Develop Somali National Civil Aviation Policy in the light of the Federal Government of Somalia and international obligations and advise on their national implications.
- Develop air transport economic regulations.
- Develop Air Transport Regulatory guidelines & Manuals in accordance with Civil Aviation Policy, African context, ICAO principles & best practices worldwide on Airline ownership & control, air transport services, traffic rights & allied business and other related issues of Air Transport commercial operators.
- Develop Guidance Material on Negotiation of Air Services Agreements (ASA)
- Develop procedures, process, forms and other tools for the implementation of issuance of air transport license (business license)
- Develop General Rules & Guideline Materials on Competition, Consumer Protection, Dispute Settlement, Complaint handling, & customer satisfaction.
- Develop technical reports, statistics and other documents required for aircraft establishment review, regular and Adhoc reporting requirements related to air transport operations.
- Develop Guidance Materials on charges & fees for Air Navigation Services, Airport services, regulatory functions including (inspection, certification, licensing, and other service fees/charges) based on the conventions & economic principles.
- Develop Guidance Material on the economic regulation method of aircraft acquisition, leasing, and other relevant contracts.
- Formulate, Design, and Implement advocacy strategies and tools for Promoting Air Transport connectivity, effective communication with Inter/Intra Somali air links and key Stakeholders.
- Prepare Guidance Materials on Monitoring & evaluation reports in the implementation of Air Transport regulatory frameworks.
- Develop Guidance Materials on slot allocation for airlines operating scheduled services and non-scheduled services.
- Develop a coordination mechanism among ATR directorate and other SCAA departments.
- Develop a system to implement the issuance of flight permit including procedures/process, forms, and other tools.
- Develop Guidance Materials on the collection and statistical data analysis from diverse sources; present findings, identify gap analyses & adverse trends, and forecast method.
- Provide advice on issues pertaining to Somali civil aviation operations and international, regional affairs such as SAATM.
- Assess and advise ATR directorate infrastructure, staffing and training needs.
- Contribute for capacity building by providing training including OJT to SCAA ATR Officers
- Plan, implement and monitor the department’s annual activities and financial budget.
- Assist other project works related to the department of air transport.
- Assist in the area of Facilitation according to annex 9 provisions.
- Perform other related duties which may arise during your assignment in SCAA.
- Developed document on functions and responsibilities of the department of Air transport
- Developed document on Somali National Civil Aviation Policy
- Developed document on air transport economic regulations.
- Developed documents on Guidance Materials including procedures, process, forms, and other tools that will be used for implementation of air transport polices, regulations, Air Services Agreements, slot allocation, fees and service charges of airports, air navigation, & regulatory fees, consumer protection, air transport Statistics, issuance of air transport license (business licenses) and issuance of flight permit process including Flight schedule approvals etc.
- Report on monitoring, assessment/audit of air transport regulatory affairs
- Developed annual plan and associated budgets
- Developed document on ATR directorate infrastructure, staffing and training needs.
- Delivered training including OJT for SCAA ATR staff.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in Business Administration, Economics, Air Transport/Aviation Management, Aerodrome Engineering, Aviation Law, or Aeronautical Engineering.
First level university degree with a combination of a relevant professional training certifications and experience in an air-transportation related occupations is desirable.
A minimum of 7 years of progressively responsible experience, including experience at the governmental (civil aviation) or international level in airline/airport operations management, experience in regulations of the air transport market, extensive experience in bilateral agreements and air transport projects and policies. Managerial experience in managing aviation budget and commercial airlines operations an advantage.
SKILLS, LANGUAGE AND COMPETENCY
Specialty Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of the aviation industry
- Knowledge of current and emerging issues, trends and challenges relating to civil aviation economics and the aviation industry.
A good command of oral and written English.
- Leadership and Management – ATR advisor Level o Uphold integrity and respect
o Collaborate with partners and stakeholders o Promote innovation and change
o Achieve results
- Personal Conduct
- Analytical thinking
- Critical thinking
- Decision making
- Planning and organizing
- Office technologies
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants are requested to submit their detailed credential including CV, academic and professional certificates, and Cover Letter through the following email address: email@example.com with the subject line indicating application for the Air Transport Economic Regulations Advisor.
The deadline for receiving applications is 21 October 2021. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
——- NAGUSOO BIIR — SOMALI JOBS————-
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somalijobs
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1632 total views, 1 today