Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) Coordinator – Hargeisa, Somaliland
- Job category: Social Science
- Post date:13 Sep 2021
- Job expires in: 1 day
- Share job:
TERMS OF REFERENCE
Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) Coordinator
Somaliland Ministry of Justice
The Somaliland Ministry of Justice, in close collaboration with the International Development Law Organization (IDLO), is promoting a reformed and modernized Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) system through the establishment and operationalization of a new ADR Center in Somaliland under the Program ‘Strengthening the social contracts through access to justice” funded by the Government of the Netherlands. The programme aims to foster the social contract in Somaliland by increasing the legitimacy of justice institutions.
The overall goal of the programme is expected to be achieved through three (3) intermediate outcomes: (1) improved access to an Alternative Dispute Resolution(ADR) mechanism and referral pathways, especially for vulnerable groups; (2) enhanced access to formal justice for vulnerable groups through holistic support to gender-based violence (GBV) survivors and affected communities; and (3) increased participation of citizens in Somaliland in accountability processes relating to the provision of security and justice. The specific mandate of each Centre is to facilitate the practice of ADR and settle claims and disputes at the community level, facilitating and increasing access to justice for the local population, particularly vulnerable categories.
The Ministry of Justice seeks to establish an ADR Unit within its structure to monitor and support the ADR Center compliance. The ultimate goal of the Unit is to increase the accountability of the ADR system and legitimacy of its decisions in line with the Provisional Constitution and international human rights standards, as well as foster coordination and standardization with the ADR Centers established in eastern regions of Somaliland including Togdheer, Las’anod and Erigavo. The ADR Coordinator will be in charge of the Unit and responsible for coordinating the establishment and operationalization of the Center. His/her duty station will be in Hargeisa, at the Ministry of Justice. Under the general guidance and supervision of the Somaliland Ministry of Justice, the incumbent will act as project focal point and closely work with IDLO Program Coordinator to contribute to implementing several components of the Program ‘Strengthening social contract through access justice in Somaliland.
Key areas of accountability:
Programme development and implementation:
- Coordinate all the preparatory activities meant to open the ADR Centers such as consultations with community stakeholders, identifications of adjudicators through a participatory approach, identification of ADR venue, support the procurement goods and services for the Center and activities related to the centres in line with the Program;
- Following the project work plan, oversee and ensure efficient management of the ADR Centers to achieve projects’ outcomes and indicators in coordination with IDLO;
- Coordinate and oversee the work and daily activities of the ADR clerks;
- Ensure coordination and regular exchange of information with the IDLO Program Coordinator to ensure the adoption of common approaches and standardization among the Centers;
- Ensure and supervise the implementation of the Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) in the ADR Centers;
- Apply the unified system of written records of ADR Centre decisions;
- Implement the referral system for severe crimes in line with the provisions of ADR SOP;
- Coordinate the creation of a network between the ADR Centers and complementary legal, psychological, health and women’s support services at the community level;
- Promote the effective involvement of women in the ADR Centers, including influential figures as well as women’s from the community and beneficiaries in line with the Program’s work plan;
- Assist in developing and organizing a relevant and effective communication campaign and legal awareness initiatives;
MEAL activity and project reporting
- Contribute to the project implementation monitoring and impact assessment;
- Contribute to both desk and field-based research according to the project research strategy;
- Monitor the data collection process in the centres and ensure that case management is adequately reported and filed;
- With support from the IDLO MEAL team, accountability activities for the Program, providing that feedback of the beneficiaries, regional ADR centres and ADR Staff is considered.
- Prepare accurate documentation of all activities undertaken in day-to-day work and report achievements and drawbacks effectively to both the Ministry and IDLO;
- Ensure accurate preparation and timely submission of all the necessary programmatic and financial supporting documents to the Ministry and IDLO;
- Prepare and submit monthly and periodic performance reports of the ADR Center to inform and contribute to IDLO’s reporting to the Donor;
- Any other support as agreed by the Ministry of Justice and IDLO for the benefit of the ADR Program;
- Contribute to ADR meetings, activities and provide semi-annual reports to be shared with Ministry of Justice and IDLO to obtain semi-annual and annual ADR data in Somaliland;
- Conduct public awareness activities and meetings to promote ADR centre awareness, especially the area available the vulnerable communities;
- Ensure coordination and standardization of the ADR procedures with the other ADR Centers in the State.
- Identifying training needs for the ADR centre staff and works as a mentor for the ADR paralegals and clerks.
- Conduct capacity building activities according to the work plan.
- Assist and coordinate IDLO training for ADR staff.
Communication, Advocacy and organizational learning
- Contribute to the communication strategy and media work with Media INK
- Act as the primary focal point of PDIA for ADR activities.
Qualification and experience required:
- An advanced university degree in International development, law, public administration, Human Rights, Social work or other equivalent field experience.
- A minimum of 3-5 years relevant professional experience, ideally within an international organization.
- Professional experience in capacity development and the rule of law programming would be an asset.
- A significant level of written and spoken English and Somali.
- Experience in training and capacity building, particularly clan leaders, legal personnel, traditional leaders and other justice stakeholders.
- Ability to write clear reports and carry out assessments.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should submit their CV, application letter, verified copies of academic certificates and two references to (firstname.lastname@example.org) with subject line ADR Program Coordinator not later than 28th September 2021. Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.
Somaliland Ministry of justice is an equal opportunity employer
——- NAGUSOO BIIR — SOMALI JOBS————-
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somalijobs
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
2485 total views, 29 today