ANALYSIS TRAINING USING EXCEL (ONLINE THROUGH ZOOM SESSIONS) – Hargeisa, Somaliland
- Job category: Education
- Post date:20 Feb 2021
- Job expires in: 5 days
- Share job:
ANALYSIS TRAINING USING EXCEL (ONLINE THROUGH ZOOM SESSIONS)
OUR VISION STATEMENT
QRTC is established to offer the best research and training service and aspires to be a leading institution in manpower empowerment through continuous quality capacity development trainings.
OUR MISSION STATEMENT
To deliver capacity building programs for the labor force with the aim of maximizing their chances of achieving their career aspirations.
ABOUT THE CENTER
The Qaran Research and Training Center is a professional institution created to support research and quality practical trainings that improve the employability of the workforce in Somaliland and other resource-limited settings across the greater of Horn of Africa. We achieve this through designing and implementing innovative and well-informed trainings; ranging from M and E, Project management, HR and logistics and Research processes. We aspire to reduce high unemployment in the region through high quality mentoring, rigorous interventions and strong collaborations.
Currently, we are offering professional short courses which are great eye-opened opportunity for wide range of audience including NGO staff, government officials and unemployed persons and fresh graduates willing to advance their sought-after skills or looking decent and deserved jobs. As part of this programme, our Data Analysis Training which is first of its kind in Somaliland-were scheduled to kick off in the first week of February in 2021.Around 400 trainees have already benefited from our previous various trainings both in class and online classes (about of these 20% females). Some of these former trainees have landed decent jobs at INGOs due to knowledge and skills gained from our trainings. Please see below the complete training outlines.
This Data collection and Analysis course complements QRTC’s Monitoring, Accountability, Evaluation and Learning course. Humanitarian and development workers will be introduced to the fundamentals of quantitative data collection and analysis, including sample survey design, interviewing and associated techniques for analysis in support of project-based monitoring and evaluation. This course will be helpful for those with modest experience in monitoring and evaluation and fresh university graduates who are willing to advance his/her soft skills so that they can easily settle for decent and deserved jobs. Participants are encouraged to come to the course with an instrument and/or associated protocols for analysis that can be developed. This should be viewed as an advanced course on data analysis and will address Relationship between Two Different Quantitative Variables and Multivariate Analysis using correlation and regression analysis. The course is entirely hands-on and uses Excel sheet advanced functions as tools of data analysis.
WHO WILL FACILITATE THE TRAINING?
The course facilitator has around 8 consecutive years of Monitoring and Evaluation, Data analysis and Research experience at different organizations including Save the Children International, World Vision International, Health Poverty Action (formerly known as Health Unlimited) and Caritas Switzerland and Luxemburg among others. His primary area of focus revolves around: development and implementation of the project Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) systems; taking the lead on the compilation and analysis of program data and learning; designing and conducting research; Setting-up and implementing accountability mechanism. In addition to his hands-on experience on this field, he is the only known well-versed practitioner in Somali speaking countries pursuing his final dissertation on Master’s Degree Programme in Monitoring and Evaluation at Mount Kenya University. He also did his Bachelor of degree in Statistics and Mathematics with distinction at University of Hargeisa.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND THIS COURSE?
This is a general training targeting variety of programme management staff, government officials, middle-level managers, policy makers and project officers working in different settings. This training also is a great eye-opened opportunity for unemployed and fresh graduates who are willing to advance his/her soft skills so that they can easily settle for decent and deserved jobs.
THE TRAINING DURATION
This is a 4-day-long training with 3 hours of theory and practical sessions for each day with following details: Course registration deadline is on 28th of February 2021 and course training dates are 2st – 4th March 2021.
The training will enable participants to:
- Develop an understanding of the basic principles in data field work management
- Develop skills required for Analysing quantitative data (descriptive statistics)
- Fully equip yourself with versatile data analysis software: SPSS and Excel
- Familiarize yourself with quantitative research methods and survey design
- Equip participants with an understanding of the data entry templates and best practices involved in data, data analysis and data usage
- Provide participants effective rules of thumb and a framework to do advanced data analysis techniques-regression analysis
- Provide training participants with basic Report writing skills on utilizing key performance indicators in the project log frames.
DETAILED TRAINING CONTENTS:
Module one: Data Field Work Management
- Introduction to sampling methods: simple random, stratified and cluster
- Introduction to nonprobability sampling methods(quota, purposeful sampling and snowballing sampling)
- Introduction to cross-sectional sample-based household surveys
- Questionnaires construction(actual facts, actions, behavioral and attitude sections)
- Data collection field work Management
- Quality control mechanism put in place during field work
- Utilization of Mobile data collection platforms (Kobo collect) and ODK in the field.
Module two : Excel Data Analysis Using Basic functions
- Create excel Data entry with all data validations
- Running Descriptive statistics
- Presentation of data with support of Graphs, tables and Charts
- Activate excel application Add-ins to incorporate data analysis tool pack where all inferential functions are stored in the excel sheet
Module three : Excel Data Analysis Using Advanced functions
- Variable analysis Pivot tables, filtering methods and counting if functions
- Doing inferential statistics using one variable : One- sample-t- tests and confidence intervals and two –sample-test- tests, paired samples-t-tests
- Doing inferential statistics using more than two variables: correlation and regression analysis(simple and multiple)
Module four: How to use analysed data for reporting your project successes
- Report writing in the key achievement reports
- Write up for study reports such needs assessment, baseline and evaluation studies
- Doing data separate analysis for Qualitative and qualitative but interpreting them together.
- How to use analyzed data in Monitoring and Evaluation
COURSES APPLICATION PROCESS (ENTRY REQUIREMENTS)
- In case you need further details about course or any else, kindly feel free to reach us at or +252633499969/ or whatup text or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
- We record video lectures of courses which are intended to online trainees in Somalia (Muqdisho, Garowe, Kismayo, Baido and many more others )
- There are also live sessions throught zoom where participants interact with facilitators for rich discussions.
- Pay the course fee which is only 15 dollars covering all training related costs
- Payment modes: deposit at Zaad/ Edahab 0633499969 or Dahabshil account HRG 32342 before course deadline.
- A group of three persons who will be attending a same course at time will have a discount of 17%.
- Course registration deadline is on 28th of February 2021.
- The online training dates are 2nd – 4th February 2021.
- Follow throught this link to get register: https://ee.kobotoolbox.org/x/gLlDKeTy
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
398 total views, 35 today