Appraisal, Monitoring and Evaluation – Database Manager – Hargeisa, Somaliland
- Job category: ICT/Technology/Computers
- Post date:9 Jan 2021
- Share job:
ACTED JOB OPPORTUNITY
AME (DATABASE) MANAGER – HARGEISA
Position: Appraisal, Monitoring and Evaluation – Database Manager
Background on ACTED
ACTED is a French humanitarian NGO, founded in 1993, which supports vulnerable populations, affected by humanitarian crises worldwide. ACTED provides continued support to vulnerable communities by ensuring the sustainability of post-crisis interventions and engaging long-term challenges facing our target populations, in order to break the poverty cycle, foster development and reduce vulnerability to disasters. Their interventions seek to cover the multiple aspects of humanitarian and development crises through a multidisciplinary approach which is both global and local, and adapted to each context.
ACTED is looking for professionally confident, self-motivated, experienced and committed team player to fill AME (Database) Manager position in Hargeisa.
- Position Profile
Under the supervision of the Country AME Manager, the AME Manager will be responsible for the management of the of all AME related activities conducted within the geographical scope of the base.
- Duties and Responsibilities
- Objective 1: Direct management of all base level AME activities
- Responsible for coordinating all AME and accountability activities conducted within the base level, including:
- Preparation and monitoring of internal work plans and reports to be submitted to the Country AME Manager as per AME reporting requirements;
- Development of tools, ensuring tools align with programme indicators;
- Qualitative and quantitative data analysis;
- Producing high quality field level AME reports, and
- Conduct regular data quality audits for the field based AME officers submitted data;
- Supporting in proposal development and donor reporting as requested by the Country AME Manager;
- Provide regular performance feedback to field based AME officers on data quality and monitoring; and
- Conduct field visits to the ensure monitoring at the field level.
- Objective 2: Building AME capacity of field teams at base level
- Orient and train staff in understanding and applying monitoring & evaluation policies, tools & methods, particularly at outcome level and retaining the ACTED’s focus on evidence-based reporting;
- Regularly reviewing the AME Unit’s strengths and weaknesses to develop capacity building plans with the objective of improving technical capacity of all staff; and
- Building AME and accountability knowledge outside the AMEU unit, including AME inductions to all new base staff.
- Objective 3: Internal and External Representation
- Representing the AMEU internally and externally as requested by the CAMEM;
- Objective 4: Ensuring proper and timely information management for all field level activities
- Ensuring all base level documents are properly stored as per the AME Unit’s Information Management Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Objective 5: Proactively ensure organizational learning through the documenting and follow-up of lessons learned
- Capture and record base level learnings through regularly updating the LEARN database; and
- Proactively identify challenges and risks faced by programme implementation teams and escalate to the Country AME Manager.
- Protection Mainstreaming
- Promoting of and adhering to Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse policy and guidelines (for site residents, ACTED staff, partner agencies, casual labors).
- Any other tasks as assigned by the Line Manager.
- Qualifications/Skills Required
Essential qualifications and experience:
- At least 5 years’ experience in monitoring and evaluating Food security and livelihoods projects.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in social sciences, statistics, mathematics, business administration or computer science, with relevant experience in data analysis in emergency or development sector.
- Knowledge and experience in qualitative and quantitative data management techniques including proficient and skillful use of SPSS, STATA, EXCEL, Epi-info software’s.
- Experience on project monitoring and evaluation with special emphasis on data management including data collection, analysis and storage.
- Experience analyzing quantitative and qualitative data;
- Experience working with an international development organization and knowledge of reporting procedures, best practices, guidelines and tools for monitoring and evaluation, especially impact evaluation
- Somalia AME experience will be a plus.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with respect for diversity.
- Ability to work independently and under pressure in a rapidly changing professional environment.
- Diplomacy and good interpersonal skills, with the ability to remain calm under pressure and not lose sight of strategic priorities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and relevant computer software skills with proficiency in data management systems.
- Application Procedure
Qualified Nationals with the required skills are invited to submit their applications accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae as a single document i.e. with the cover letter being on the first page and the CV starting on the second page, detailing three work related referees and contacts to firstname.lastname@example.org and received on or before 5.00PM on 14th January, 2021 with the subject line “AME (DATABASE) MANAGER – HARGEISA”. Please do not attach any other documents while sending your applications, if required they will be requested at a later stage.
ACTED will at no stage of recruitment process request candidate to make payments of any kind. Further, ACTED has not retained any agent in connection with recruitments. ACTED is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
ACTED is committed to protecting beneficiaries within our programmes from exploitation and abuse and any kind of misconduct. ACTED has specific policies, including PSEA and Child Protection, which outlines the expected behaviour and the responsibility of all staff, beneficiaries, consultants and other stakeholders and has zero tolerance towards misconducts. Any candidate offered a job with ACTED will be expected to sign ACTED’s organizational Policies and Code of Conduct as an annex to their contract of employment and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of these documents.
ACTED is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1276 total views, 24 today