Appraisal, Monitoring and Evaluation Manager – Hargeisa, Somaliland
- Job category: Monitoring & Evaluation
- Post date:25 Mar 2021
- Share job:
AME MANAGER – HARGEISA
Position: Appraisal, Monitoring and Evaluation Manager
Background on ACTED
ACTED is a French humanitarian NGO, founded in 1993, which supports vulnerable populations, affected by humanitarian crises worldwide. ACTED provides continued support to vulnerable communities by ensuring the sustainability of post-crisis interventions and engaging long-term challenges facing our target populations, in order to break the poverty cycle, foster development and reduce vulnerability to disasters. Their interventions seek to cover the multiple aspects of humanitarian and development crises through a multidisciplinary approach which is both global and local, and adapted to each context.
ACTED is looking for professionally confident, self-motivated, experienced and committed team player to fill AME Manager position in Hargeisa.
- Position Profile
AME Manager’s main role is to directly manage all AMEU Team in the field bases in order to ensure effective implementation of all AME functions. With the support of the Country AME Manager and Area Coordinator(s), s/he will also oversee design and implementation of all appraisal, monitoring and evaluation (AME) functions for the mission program in the all the bases.
- Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee the AMEU Department areas if needed.
- Ensure the independence, neutrality and quality of work of the AMEU department activities in the country, including advising on strategy, problem solving and reporting issues.
- Technical management of all field based AMEU teams (Officers or AMEU field focal points) and indirect line management of AMEU assistants.
- Management of workplans, daily follow ups, AMEU Team outputs and inputs to as needed to proposal ad project development with the PDD team.
- Collaboration with the finance, human resource and logistics teams for AMEU department needs and monthly planning of activities.
- Development of AME project monitoring and evaluation plans, data collection tools and methodologies
- Design AME methodologies, terms of reference (TORs) and data collection tools to monitoring progress and outcomes of ACTEDs projects (including for verification of beneficiaries, baseline surveys, needs assessments, monitoring and project evaluations);
- Ensure that monitoring and evaluation activities are in-line with expected project goals, objectives and measure the defined indicators;
- Collaborate with Field Coordination, Programme Development Department and Implementing Partners to design logical frameworks and indicator collection plans;
- Work closely with the GIS team, Programme Development Department and Implementing Partners in order to provide useful information for mapping and project reporting, as necessary;
- Liaise with partner/collaborating organizations for AME activities, as required.
- Facilitate the collection of accurate, reliable and useful data for project implementation and development
- Plan and conduct field-level data collection, at different stages of the project to support project cycle management;
- Ensure that monitoring activities are based on project indicators to ensure that the project meets its goals and objectives;
- Conduct pre-testing and provide critical feedback and modifications of the design and provide translation of these tools and methodologies where necessary.
- Develop and conduct training for AMEU staff and enumerators to implement activities effectively, including training on objectives, methods and tools required for AMEU activities;
- Provide field supervision and plan logistical arrangements for conducting AMEU activities;
- Communicate regularly to the AMEU Team on the implementation progress of field missions;
- Ensure accurate/reliable information is collected by checking questionnaires and ensuring all team members are clear on the TOR and methods used;
- Conduct data collection using qualitative and quantitative methods and secondary data (reports, government statistics etc);
- Supervision of data entry and conduct data checking/cleaning for quantitative and qualitative data when necessary;
- Ensure that AMEU information is stored and managed effectively and confidentiality is maintained in accordance with ACTED procedures.
- Coordinate with the ACTED Data Analyst on quantitative and qualitative analysis and write timely and useful reports for programme development, management and implementation
- Coordinate the analysis of quantitative data, including preparing cross-tabulations, graphs and statistical analysis when required;
- Conduct qualitative analysis including writing up field-notes and use different methods to improve programme implementation, such as SWOT analysis, Problem-Solution tree, etc.
- Facilitate field team debriefing sessions;
- Write AME reports and memos on AME activities in English;
- Facilitate quick and accurate reporting of monitoring result to ensure that ACTED, donors and other organizations can build upon successes and lessons learnt during the programme.
- Management of AME team and external relationships under his/her responsibility
- Frequently communicate with AMEU Officers on most matters, keeping the AC(s) and Country AME Manager informed;
- Daily supervision of AME team including development of work plans;
- Manage the AME activities for the mission
- Support the training of AME staff;
- Communicate weekly with field AME Team to coordinate monitoring schedules – requiring approval for all technical matters;
- Communicate daily with respective AC requiring approval for all administrative, financial and logistical matters;
- Complete a monthly AME Reports
- Work with management and support staff to comply with ACTED rules and procedures;
- Completing any other additional duties and tasks, in accordance with the functions and duties of the AMEU as requested by the line manager
- Conduct timely appraisal evaluations of the team under his responsibility
- In collaboration with the AC and HR, be involved in dealing with discipline matters of staff under his responsibility.
- Beneficiary Accountability and Management of Complaints Response Mechanism
- Responsible for overseeing recording, sharing, following up and consolidating complaints / feedback about ACTED’s interventions, and ensuring community feedback is fed back into the project cycle management.
- Develop guidelines and provide technical support to the programme team and partners to design, implement, and monitor accountability strategy and mechanisms.
- Working closely with field program teams, area coordination and AMEU team.
- Providing useful and constructive information to target communities about ACTED’s programmes.
- Conduct brainstorming, trainings and workshops with program teams on a regular basis, including an orientation at the beginning of each new project, to ensure that they are aware of the processes and procedures of accountability mechanisms.
- Providing monthly analytical reports and recommendations to programme teams / coordination on the basis of complaints and feedback received from target communities.
- Ensuring that urgent and sensitive complaints are addressed in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Ensure the confidentiality of complaints data is respected, and this information is not shared with any irrelevant staff members or external person / organization.
- Support the relevant staff in conducting learning reviews as per standards.
- Support the project team and partners in extracting lessons learnt and good practices, and documenting case studies which demonstrate qualitative and quantitative changes over the period.
- Organize events in order to share relevant learnings and findings with country team, project teams, partners and stakeholders in appropriate format to ensure the whole programme benefits from and applies the learning.
- Protection Mainstreaming
- Promoting of and adhering to Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse policy and guidelines (for site residents, ACTED staff, partner agencies, casual labors).
- Any other tasks as assigned by the Line Manager.
- Qualifications/Skills Required
- Master’s degree or equivalent in social sciences, statistics, mathematics, business administration or computer science, with relevant experience in data analysis in emergency or development sector.
- Knowledge and experience in qualitative and quantitative data management techniques including proficient and skillful use of SPSS, STATA, EXCEL, Epi-info software’s.
- Experience on project monitoring and evaluation with special emphasis on data management including data collection, analysis and storage.
- Experience analyzing quantitative and qualitative data;
- Experience working with an international development organization and knowledge of reporting procedures, best practices, guidelines and tools for monitoring and evaluation, especially impact evaluation
- 5-7 years’ experience in monitoring and evaluating Food security and livelihoods projects.
- Excellent written and spoken English,
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with respect for diversity.
- Ability to work independently and under pressure in a rapidly changing professional environment.
- Diplomacy and good interpersonal skills, with the ability to remain calm under pressure and not lose sight of strategic priorities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and relevant computer software skills with proficiency in data management systems
- Must be fluent in written and spoken Somali
- Application Procedure
Qualified National candidates with the required skills are invited to submit their applications accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae as a single document i.e. with the cover letter being on the first page and the CV starting on the second page, detailing three work related referees and contacts to firstname.lastname@example.org and received on or before 5.00PM on 07th April, 2021 with the subject line “AME MANAGER – HARGEISA”. Please do not attach any other documents while sending your applications, if required they will be requested at a later stage.
ACTED will at no stage of recruitment process request candidate to make payments of any kind. Further, ACTED has not retained any agent in connection with recruitments. ACTED is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
ACTED is committed to protecting beneficiaries within our programmes from exploitation and abuse and any kind of misconduct. ACTED has specific policies, including PSEA and Child Protection, which outlines the expected behaviour and the responsibility of all staff, beneficiaries, consultants and other stakeholders and has zero tolerance towards misconducts. Any candidate offered a job with ACTED will be expected to sign ACTED’s organizational Policies and Code of Conduct as an annex to their contract of employment and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of these documents.
ACTED is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1227 total views, 1 today