Area Administration Head – Filtu, Somali Regional State of Ethiopia
- Job category: Management/Leadership
- Post date:14 Jul 2021
- Share job:
CARE is an international NGO with local staff and community partners in more than 90 countries. We create local solutions to poverty and inequality and we seek dignity for everyone every day and during times of crisis. These solutions have a broad range, from clean water to access to education; from microfinance to ensuring that everyone has nutritious food; from agriculture and climate change to disaster response. CARE puts women and girls at the center of everything we do because they have proven to be the best hope for creating lasting change in the world. Our staff live where they work, which makes us effective at understanding the challenges they face. We’ve been doing this for over 70 years, since World War II. It started with the world’s first CARE Package® of food for the post-war hungry in Europe. Our work today is as important as ever, we believe that poverty and inequality are historic injustices that we can end within a generation, for good. If you share our core beliefs: poverty is an injustice; poverty is solvable; and together, we have the power to end it, join us.
Title: Area Administration Head
Location: Filtu, Somali
Salary: 780 USD
Contract Duration:(Till March 31, 2022)
The purpose of the Area Administration Head’s position is to plan, organize, direct, coordinate, and supervise personnel administration, human resources development and training, general services, and logistics of the Field Office. She/he ensures proper implementation of CARE’s policies and procedures and other resources of the Field Office. She/he also advises the Field management on policy matters.
II. RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
Job Responsibility #1: Human Resource Management: % of Time: 30%
- Ensures that Field Office recruitment, promotion, transfer, staff benefits and other personnel issues are effected according to set out policies and procedures;
- Keeps proper file for each Field Office staff and ensures that all necessary information of each staff is kept in the file;
- Ensures that all newly hired employees have gone through formal orientation both about the organization and on the job;
- Advises and timely brings personnel matters to the attention of the Area Coordinator;
- Consults with the Human Resource Manager regarding all unclear issues related to Staff development policies, procedures or systems as required;
- Ensures that every staff in the Field Office is appraised timely and the completed performance appraisal reports and recommendations are sent to HQ HR on time;
- Organizes forums in which staff can interact or exchange ideas.
Job Responsibility #2: Transportation and Workshop Management: % of Time: 20%
- Directs and controls the workflow in regard to maintenance and proper utilization of vehicle use at the Field Office.
- Monitors and ensures that there is regular preventive maintenance plan for each vehicle;
- Approves work orders and supervise the implementation;
- Ensures proper utilization of fuel and spare parts and reports monthly vehicle expenditure reports.
Job Responsibility #3: Stores Management: % of Time: 15%
- Ensures that all items in the store are properly registered and kept;
- Ensures that all necessary formalities of goods received and dispatched are adhered to at all times;
- Ensures that all fast-moving stock items are timely replaced and no gap is created;
- Ensures that computerized store record is kept.
Job Responsibility #4: Procurement: % of Time: 15%
- Ensures that a vender list is updated and in place;
- Ensures that all procurement documents filed in a good manner and present to Internal Auditor for monthly review;
- Ensures that all local purchases and HQ purchases are timely communicated and implemented;
- Ensures the established procurement policies and procedures are adhered;
- Ensures that all local purchased items are to the required standard and are received by Goods Receiving Note;
- Prepares the procurement status report every week and presents to the concerned Managers.
Job Responsibility #5: Office Management:
- Liaises with local authorities and ensures security of the FO;
- Ensures the availability and proper utilization of all organizations facilities;
- Ensures the professional working atmosphere around the office;
- Ensures all computers and accessories are in good order;
- Provides timely reports regarding the administration’s activities.
- Supervises leads guides and supports the workshop and Transport Supervisor/Mechanic, Purchaser, Admin Assistant, Commodity and supplies supervisor and Lead Security Officer;
- Orients, trains, and coaches staff;
- Recommends or initiates personnel actions such as merit increases and other salary adjustments, promotions, transfers, terminations, and disciplinary actions including performance improvement plans;
- Completes all performance management activities including: performance planning, monitoring, and annual performance appraisals.
Job Responsibility #7: Others: % of Time: 5%
- Follow up legal matters of the Field Office;
- Perform any other relevant duties as required by the Area Coordinator.
III. PROBLEM SOLVING (Thinking Environment)
- The levels of problem-solving this position will face are levels one and two. But, she/he usually deals with identical or similar problems on a regular basis and what has to be done and how to do it are clearly defined in the Administration Manual.
- Understanding and demonstrated commitment to the importance of gender, youth and social inclusion issues.
- Demonstrated commitment to principles of Gender Equity, Diversity, Inclusion and PSEAH (safeguarding), as evidenced in previous positions / programming.
QUALIFICATIONS (KNOW HOW)
- 4 years of relevant experience with the first degree and 3 years of relevant experience plus post graduate degree in Management or Business Administration or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Training in HR management
- Training in Logistics Management
- Management Experience
- NGO Experience.
C) TECHNICAL SKILLS
- Demonstrated technical and managerial ability, sound judgment, ability to interact and work effectively with others at all levels;
- Demonstrated leadership ability to inspire and empower others;
- Good skills in the use of computers;
- Excellent communication presentation skills and proficiency in English;
- Excellent and proven experience in strategic planning of human resource management;
- Firm belief in teamwork, gender equality, sensitivity to HIV/AIDS, transparent and participatory management.
- Excellent planning, organizational, and decision-making skills;
Respect, accountability, courage, excellence, stress tolerance, problem-solving, collaboration, developing teams, contributing to team success, information monitoring, planning, and organizing, delegating, decision making.
VI. DECISION MAKING AUTHORITY
A) General Accountability:
The Area Administration Head’s decisions are prime in terms of the daily functioning and operation of the FO in planning, managing, coordinating the works of the FO. Her/his decisions are contributory in terms of the FO’s long-term development focus and organizational policies and procedures.
She/he takes disciplinary measures limited to the authority level, authorizes issue of goods.
The incumbent is expected to collaborate with counterpart local government authorities. She/he will also work closely with the Area Coordinator, Project managers in the FO, HR Manager, Administration Director and other CARE staff.
LIVING CONDITIONS AND LEVEL OF TRAVEL REQUIRED.
The Area Administration Head is based in the FO and is expected to travel 3% of her/his time to visit sites.
CARE Ethiopia is committed to preventing all unwanted behavior at work. This includes sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, and child abuse. We expect everyone who works for us to share this commitment by understanding and working within the CARE Safeguarding Policy and related framework. CARE Ethiopia has a zero-tolerance approach to any harm to, or exploitation of, a vulnerable adult or child by any of our staff, representatives or partners.
CARE Ethiopia reserves the right to seek information from job applicants’ current and/or previous employers about incidents of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment the applicant may have been found guilty to have committed or about which an investigation was in the process of being carried out at the time of the termination of the applicant’s employment with that employer.
By submitting the application, the job applicant confirms that s/he has no objection to CARE Ethiopia requesting the information specified above. All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested to be part of our dynamic team, exciting work environment and contribute to CARE Ethiopia’s mission and vision, please send your CV (not more than 3 pages) and cover letter (not more than one page) through ETH.JobsHR@care.org
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Passionate and dedicated candidates who meet the requirement are strongly encouraged to apply, especially women!
CARE seeks to improve the lives of the most marginalized, particularly women and girls. Our diversity is our strength. We encourage people from all backgrounds and experiences to apply.
——- NAGUSOO BIIR — SOMALI JOBS————-
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somalijobs
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
747 total views, 1 today