Area Finance Officer- Maternity Cover -Mogadishu, Somalia
- Job category: Accountant/Finance/Budget Affairs
- Post date:18 Feb 2021
- Share job:
Area Finance Officer- Maternity Cover -Mogadishu Somali-National only
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with 15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office. We’re changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
Reports to: Area Finance Coordinator
Staff directly reporting to this post: None
Dimensions: Save the Children has been working in Somalia for more than 60 years. The Country Office has over 600 staff across 14 field offices (Boroma, Burao and Hargeisa in Somaliland; Bossaso, Garowe, Galkayo and Gardo in Puntland; Beletweyne, Adaado, Abudwak, Baidoa, Kismayo, Dhobley and Mogadishu in southern states). Our Country Office coordination and administration base is in Nairobi, Kenya. In 2017, as a result of significant scale up for the countrywide drought response, our annual spend FY2017 was US$117 million and we reached more than 2 million people through our humanitarian and longer-term development work in Health, Nutrition, Water, Sanitation & Hygiene (WASH), Education, Food Security and Livelihoods (FSL), Child Protection and Child Rights Governance. The Country Office manages 61 active awards totalling US$165 million from a range of governmental/institutional donors, including DFID, ECHO, EU, FFP, OFDA, and DANIDA being some of our largest.
ROLE PURPOSE: The role holder will be the key contact person in the Area finance office daily operations including payment review and processing, ensuring compliance and controls are in place and management of the Area office cashflow. He or she will be required to support the Area Finance coordinator in ensuring that the financial operations of both Area and Field offices are seamless and the monthly diary is adhered to with no bottlenecks in meeting monthly payments, data posting and reconciliations.
|TITLE: Area Finance Officer- Maternity Cover|
|TEAM/PROGRAMME: Finance Department||LOCATION: Mogadishu|
|GRADE: 4||CONTRACT LENGTH: 5 months|
Level 3: Safeguarding the children that we come into contact with throughout our work is a key priority for Save the Children International (SCI) Within Save the Children, Child Safeguarding is making Save the Children safe for children. It is our individual and collective responsibility to ensure all children are protected from deliberate or unintentional acts that lead to the risk of, or actual, harm caused by Save the Children staff, representatives, partners, volunteers, contractors and visitors to our country programs. SCI has zero tolerance for all sorts of child abuse
The role holder will be the key contact person in the Area finance office daily operations including payment review and processing, ensuring compliance and controls are in place and management of the Area office cashflow. He or she will be required to support the Area Finance coordinator in ensuring that the financial operations of both Area and Field offices are seamless and the monthly diary is adhered to with no bottlenecks in meeting monthly payments, data posting and reconciliations.
|SCOPE OF ROLE
Reports to: Area Finance Coordinator
Staff directly reporting to: (None)
|KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
|COMPETENCIES AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)
Applying Technical and Professional Expertise
· Makes decisions based on professional expertise and experience without deferring unnecessarily to others
· Shares knowledge and best practice on technical solutions so that others can make best use of that expertise
· Actively seeks new ways to develop the application of technical and professional standards within the team
Innovating and Adapting
Working effectively with others
· Clarifies their role and responsibilities within the team to maximize impact
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
· A University degree in Commerce, Accounting or finance from a recognized University.
· 2 years’ experience working in similar role in an NGO or with a busy working environment
· Computer skills especially in Ms Excel, spread sheets, Ms Word and Agresso or FMS Accounting packages
· High level of integrity and ability to work as part of a professional team
· Ability and willingness to work under high pressure to meet tight deadlines
· Good communication and interpersonal skills
· Supportive personnel management style
· Good command of Witten and spoken English
|CHILD SAFEGUARDING POLICY:
Any employee, consultant, contractor or the supplier undertaking an activity on behalf of SCI must sign the Child Safeguarding – Declaration of Acceptance Form] and comply with the SCI’s Child Safeguarding Policy which is a statement of SCI’s commitment to preventing abuse and protecting children with whom it comes into contact.
This extends not only to children with whom SCI and its partners work directly, but also includes children whom staff are responsible for. SCI believes that the situation of children must be improved through the promotion of their rights supported and demonstrated by all members of staff. Save the Children International’s Code of Conduct sets out the standards which all staff members must adhere to.
|CODE OF CONDUCT
Because Save the Children’s work is based on deeply held values and principles, it is essential that our commitment to children’s rights and humanitarian principles is supported and demonstrated by all members of staff. Save the Children’s Code of Conduct sets out the standards which all staff members must adhere to.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- A University degree in Commerce, Accounting or finance from a recognized University.
- 2 years’ experience working in similar role in an NGO or with a busy working environment
- Computer skills especially in Ms Excel, spread sheets, Ms Word and Agresso or FMS Accounting packages
- High level of integrity and ability to work as part of a professional team
- Ability and willingness to work under high pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Supportive personnel management style
- Good command of Witten and spoken English
Please apply in English saving your CV and covering letter as a single document. To see a full a job description, please visit our website at https://somalia.savethechildren.net/careers
Application will be close on 24st Feb 2021.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent.
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1035 total views, 1 today