- Job category: Management/Leadership
- Post date:11 Nov 2019
- Job expires in: Endless
- Share job:
DATE: November 2019
Reports to: Director of Operation
Supervises: Administratively supervises field program and support teams Commitment: Full time Working Hours: Regular Hours Location: Garowe with possibility of Local, and International travels.
Who we are?
With over 45 years of experience, working in over 60 countries, Population Services International (PSI) is the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. PSI is reimagining healthcare, by putting the consumer at the center, and wherever possible – bringing care to the front door. We are working to fix market failures, shape future health markets and shift policy and funding to better support consumer empowered healthcare.
There are over 8,000 “PSI’ers” around the world. We are a diverse group of entrepreneurial development professionals with a wide range of backgrounds and experience. All with unique skills that we bring to the critically important work that we do.
Scope of work:
The Area Manager reports to the Director of Operations and is directly responsible for managing the procurement, logistics, administration, human resources, and Security functions of the Office. The Area Manager represents PSI in Puntland and is responsible for initiating and ensuring regular liaison and coordination with government authorities, and other local and international development partners operating in Puntland. The Area Manager also has a coordinating and facilitating role in programs implementation in Puntland.
Additionally, the Area Manager is expected to provide strategic advice to the Senior Management team including: OPS Director, DCR and Country Representative for the overall management
Duties and Responsibilities:
Representation, Coordination and Stakeholder management
- Ensure that PSI maintains strong relationship with key stakeholders, especially beneficiaries, local authorities, the development partners, community and donors. Tasks include:
- representing PSI at all relevant forums- meetings
- ensuring other staff are appropriately representing PSI in all forums and meeting
- conducting regular stakeholder analyses to ensure that PSI has good understanding of the context, the operating environment and dynamics/relationships,
- ensuring that all staff maintain beneficiaries and communities at the center of PSI’s work
Programs Implementation support
- Provide management guidance to ensure efficiency, coverage and quality programming.
DATE: November 2019
- Ensure effective, efficient and timely implementation of all projects according to the agreed upon standards and donor expectation
- Ensure functional operational support is in place to achieve results across the programs.
- Support the program supportive supervision visits as well as the planned and routine monitoring and supervision conducted by the M&E teams.
- Support and follow up that monthly and quarterly supportive supervision visits to the health facilities in Karkaar Region are conducted per the plan.
- Ensure that MoH briefing and discussions on supervision findings
- Contribute to the formulation and review of M&E plans and accountability
- Support the preparation, review and submission of the monthly program reports/data from assigned areas and ensure accuracy and consistency of information/data compiled by partners
- Contribute to the compiling of donor reports, ensuring the quality and accuracy of reports.
- Provide regular area information on programme activities, policy matters and external relations, based on agreed formats and schedules;
Safety and Security:
With technical support from the Country Office Security Focal Point and Regional Security Manager and be a Security Focal point, responsible for ensuring programs are delivered in a safe and secure manner.
- Continuously review security situation in the area and coordinate with country Safety and security team on all matters related to safety & security.
- Ensure that security management protocols and procedures are updated, made locally relevant and applied consistently,
- Ensure PSI Risk Management, Safety and security protocols are streamlined in carrying out all activities in the area and adequate measures are in place to mitigate any potential risk to office, staff & assets.
- Ensure staff are trained on, aware of and in compliance with PSI Safety and security protocols and SoPs
- Monitor the security situation in Puntland, including attending security briefings;
- Ensure that the activities of support teams are carried out in compliance to PSI policies, procedures and operational Manuals.
- Ensure that monthly technical and support function reports are submitted on time
- Proactively engage in proposal budget development, implementation and revision as may be required and requested from the program team and CO finance.
- Directly responsible for control on procurement and management of supplies, vehicles, assets & stock and ensure necessary systems in procurement and logistics are in place and continuously followed.
- Ensure that the local labour laws and PSI HR policies – SoPS and systems – are in place and adhered to.
- Ensure that HR activities (recruitments, on boarding, performance) are effectively managed. Coordinate with Country office HR team on technical matters or for support.
- Ensure that national staff are continuously developing their ability to fulfill job descriptions and acquiring new skills as much as possible through internal and external trainings.
- Ensure standard procedures and legal formalities are complied with when using services of third-party agencies or contractors.
- Ensure PSI Area operations comply with all local labour laws and legislations
DATE: November 2019
- Ensure smooth logistical support to program activities in Puntland, including procurement, asset management, vehicle operations, equipment maintenance and repair (including communications and computer equipment);
- Supervise support team including setting annual objectives and monitoring performance against set targets; conducting performance evaluations; and taking corrective action as and when required; identify training needs; provide coaching and mentoring; recruit qualified staff for open positions
- Make recommendations to the country office on contract extensions, promotions and disciplinary and grievance matters.
- Ensure that performance evaluations for all staff are conducted on time, and review all evaluations to ensure quality and consist
- Ensure all key staff functions (program and Support) are adequately staffed, including minimum yearly requirements for both program and support staff and budgets are available for effective management of area/field offices.
Finance and Budget Monitoring:
- Oversee all budget expenditures in the area and ensure they are allowable and allocable according to PSI and donor regulations;
- Conduct weekly petty cash count with finance
- Review Monthly Budget vs. Actuals reports and Budget Expenditure Plans with program staff, ensure that relevant action is taken in a timely fashion;
- Inform senior management of changing budget needs and participate in budget development and revision processes.
- Monitor and analyze financial risks in line with the financial procedures and policies.
- Submit timely and accurate reports to the country office, as required
- Review finance, logistics, HR reports to ensure accuracy before sending to the CO
Systems Compliance and Improvement:
- Assure adherence to PSI global and PSI- Somalia specific finance, logistics, IT, security, communications and HR/administration policies and procedure
What are we looking for?
- Master’s degree or equivalent experience in a related field
- Minimum of 5 + years relevant experience in similar-sized organization
- Minimum three years of managing Operations, Program or Admin/Finance Roles.
- 3+ years management experience, preferably in a developing country context
- Proficiency in English is required
- Experience managing multiple projects and integrated programs in highly demanding environment.
- Experience with operational and financial management of large donor funded programs
- Excellent communication, and writing skills,
- Strong leadership skills; Planning and organization skills, Strategic and analytical thinking;
- Strong customer service skills.
DATE: November 2019
Successful candidates will have experience in the operational areas of Program Management, Office Management, human resources and administrative management. Preference will be given to candidates who have experience in operations management, organizational development, development of business policies and practices and financial management.
Contact US if You Have What it takes?
If you think you are a great fit, we would love to hear from you. Please submit your application and a detailed resume to email@example.com not later than, 20 November 2019 with the subject line indicating the title you are applying for – Internal Auditor.
Qualified Female Candidates are highly encouraged to apply,
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1654 total views, 2 today