Area Representative/ Business Development Specialist
- Job category: Management/Leadership
- Post date:23 Nov 2019
- Share job:
Job Description – Area Representative/ Business Development Specialist
About Shaqodoon Organization
Shaqodoon is an upshot of former “Somali Youth Livelihoods Program” that provided youth living in Somaliland, Puntland, and South-Central Somalia with greater opportunities to access work, training, internship and self-employment opportunities. Shaqodoon is a Somali word for “jobseeker”. The organization supports the business community and young entrepreneurs to access employment, internship/apprenticeship, business mentorship, coaching, business development services and access to finance. Its mission is to empower and inspire young people and the MSMEs in Somaliland/Somalia to realize their full potentials and to grow meaningfully. Shaqodoon also utilizes innovative cell phone and web-based technologies that provide platforms for NGOs, donors, private sector and government to deliver SMS/Voice feedback services to promote accountability, transparency and effective monitoring.
Shaqodoon is seeking an experienced, passionate and hardworking AR and Business development Specialist who will assist program team on MSMEs development and internship program in Mogadishu.
For further details about the organization please visit www.Shaqodoon.org
Title 1: Area Representative (AR)
- To serve as an AR for Shaqodoon operations and supervise staff in the south-central region and Mogadishu.
- Promote and represent Shaqodoon Organization’s projects to all stakeholders and build relationships with governmental authorities, the business sector, and the communities.
- The employee will be based be in the current Shaqodoon Organization
- Responsible for project deliverables in region.
- Introduce and represent the project and develop links to businesses, local communities, and officials.
- Monitor and approve staff task achievement.
- Participates in documentation, monitoring activities and writes reports.
Task 2: Business Development Specialist
- Coordinate the following works in Mogadishu; business development training, internship, summer course; entrepreneurship and Global entrepreneurship Week
- Lead the implementation and monitoring of business coaching and training services for the MSMEs (micro, Small and Medium Enterprises) in Mogadishu.
- Lead the coordination of the program with the Ministry of Labor and Youth, Ministry of Commerce, business community to assist in the identification and the supporting of the target beneficiaries.
- Register and asses MSMEs needs and identify the necessary skills to be provided
- Lead in the identification of successful business coaches and trainers (with relevant professional and skills background) and match them to the relevant identified MSMEs who need training and coaching.
- Supervise and ensure smoothly training delivery by the coaches/trainers so that MSMEs gets the necessary skills and supports they need to achieve their goals
- Travel to project locations in conducting business coaching training, entrepreneurship training and BYB training.
- Identify partners and steering committee members
- Provide mentorship guidance to the trainers, supervise their tasks and monitor the progress
- Organize and co-facilitate stakeholder meetings for review and planning purpose
- Assist the M&E and the program management team regarding the effective management implementation and monitoring of the project
- Participate in organizing and conducting Inspirational sessions for the MSMEs
- Interview beneficiaries and develop success stories
The AR represents the organization at the regional level including general meetings with donors, humanitarian actors, local authorities, security meetings, as well as sector program meetings when requested by donors and the government.
The AR is typically in charge of overseeing the logistics in Mogadishu ensuring the proper set up / rehabilitation / running of office, the functioning of supply chain including procurement planning, purchasing of goods and services, their transport and storage, the organization, planning, and maintenance of the vehicles and equipment
Administration / Human Resources
The AR is responsible for overseeing the management of finances and administration. The AR ensures the proper management of finances on the bases including planning, authorization of expenses, and reporting. The AR also ensures the management of Human Resources in accordance with Shaqodoon Organization guidelines.
AR is responsible for security management and ensures the security of staff, premises, materials and assets. The AR monitors the political, economic, and social environment in the area, assesses and analyses the risks, monitors and reports the security situation and develops security procedures relevant to the context.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- University degree in Business Administration, Economic, Commerce, or related degree.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in similar role preferably in SMEs development and entrepreneurial, employment and internship
- Experience in office management, program management, M&E, capacity building and entrepreneurship training.
- Ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines and effectively handle stressful situations.
- Excellent leadership skills with demonstrated abilities to work well independently as well as part of a team to resolve diverse problems;
- Ability to understand the importance of structure, organization, resource management and commitment to organizations mandate and objectives.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills both in English and Somali.
- Strong report writing skills is essential
- Proficiency in computer applications such as MS packages, MS Word and Excel
Interested applicants should submit cover letter and updated CV with three professional references and their contact details on Thursday, November 29th, 2019 via e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org. indicate the title of the position in the subject of your email “Area Representative/ Business Development Specialist”. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.”
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1077 total views, 1 today