Area Supply Chain Manager – Hargeisa, Somaliland
- Job category: Logistics/Supply Chain
- Post date:9 Jun 2021
- Job expires in: 4 days
- Share job:
For over 90 years, Save the Children has been making a difference in children’s lives in more than 120 countries. We are the world’s largest independent child rights organization. From emergency relief to long-term development, Save the Children secures a child’s right to health, education and protection. Save the Children is an equal opportunity organization dedicated to our core values of Accountability, Ambition, Collaboration, Creativity and Integrity. We are looking to recruit for this position to be based in Hargeisa.
Position: Area Supply Chain Manager
Duty Station: Hargeisa
Please refer the below Job Description for the position description and the key selection criteria.
Interested candidates are required to submit a CV and mandatory cover letter quoting the Job Title on the subject line. The file name of the CV and attachments must be the applicants name and sent
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Applications close on Wednesday 23rd June 2021 @ 11:59pm.
We work with children, communities and governments all over the world and we believe in the right person for the job regardless of where you come from and how you identify yourself. We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to ensuring that only those who are suitable to work with children are considered for these posts. All successful applicants will therefore be required.
|JOB TITLE: Area Supply Chain Manager – Somaliland|
|LOCATION: Hargeisa, Somaliland|
|TEAM/PROGRAMME: Supply Chain||POST TYPE: National|
Level 3: the role holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work in country programs; or are visiting country programs; ore because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
Under the direct supervision of the Area Representative, the Area Supply Chain Manager will oversee procurement, warehousing, fleet, assets and facility contracting and maintenance aspects of Somaliland Area Programme. As an integral member of the Area Management Team, the Area Supply Chain Manager will provide day to day logistics support to the programme by undertaking technical and practical operational tasks to ensure smooth, safe and efficient operation of logistical activities.
|SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Area Representative, Somaliland
Technical Line: Supply Chain Director
Staff directly reporting to this post: Somaliland Logistics Coordinator, Procurement Officer, Logistics officer and technically line managing all logistic staff in Somaliland
|KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
· Responsible for implementation of the Area Supply Chain Strategy within the area office
· Contribute to development of the Country Supply Chain Strategy
· Remain aware of the evolving security situation, adapting logistics activities accordingly and ensuring new emergencies in the area of operations are effectively supported.
· Ensure that all procurements within Somaliland are conducted in an efficient and transparent manner, in line with procurement policy & scheme of delegation of Save the Children Somalia /Somaliland.
· Participate in procurement planning and ensure that all procurement plans are in place, and are correctly filled, considering correct categorisation and pricing
· Work with Programme Managers to ensure that both local and international procurements request are placed in line with the procurement plans and in a timely manner
· Monitor performance of procurement teams as well as suppliers and ensure that measures are in place to deal with delays and non-performance.
· Ensure that Framework Agreements are developed for local procurements in the Area Office.
Inventories and Stock Management
· Ensure that all procured materials are properly stored and recorded and that all warehouse policies within the region conform to SCI policies and procedures.
· Perform regular checks to ensure that the movement of inventories to or from the warehouses is accurately documented; authorised and necessary paper work is done as per procedure.
· Ensure that warehouse staff record movement of supplies in Total Inventory Management (TIM) and that the data in TIM matches with the with physical stock balances
· Plan for and supervise monthly stock inventories and ensure that effective stock keeping system is in place.
· Analyze programme storage needs and ensure that adequate and appropriate and warehousing facilities is secured
· Train warehouse staff as required in managing and documenting the receipt, handling, storage, release and reporting of programme supplies as well as Gift in Kind that come through the SCI warehouse(s).
· Responsible for timely consolidation of monthly inventories, checking its accurateness and sharing it with Head of Logistics and the relevant programme staff
· Ensure that the records of Assets and Equipment for Somaliland area offices are maintained in line with the Assets management policy.
· Coordinate with the logistics staff to ensure that all the changes to the assets & equipment’s locations, conditions are reflected timely and correctly.
· Ensure that the assets that are issued to staff are authorised, recorded and necessary paper work exists as per the policy of Save the Children.
· Ensure regular physical check of assets and submission of monthly asset reports
· Responsible for the Management of vehicles fleets in line with Save the Children International standards; ensure that the allocation of vehicles and drivers is done in an effective manner, in response to authorised transport requisitions and support requirements of the programmes.
· Serve as a focal point for vehicle rental contracted supplier and issue Purchase Orders for vehicle rentals per program needs. Ensure that all rental vehicles are well maintained are in good working condition.
· Put in place a system to brief drivers and ensure that they follow SCI regulations and policies.
· Ensure an appropriate monthly vehicle analysis is compiled and sent to the Head of Logistics.
Freight Management and Customs Clearance
· Ensure that custom clearance is obtained for all incoming goods as well as goods that are being transported to the field offices from the relevant government agencies.
· Ensure efficient management of supplies transportation within the Area of operation.
· Ensure that accurate documentation takes place in relation to the movement of items between locations.
Filing and Reporting
· Implement standard Save the Children logistic procedures systems in each office and train other log staff for creating and using the filing system.
· Ensure that monthly logistics reports are produced and disseminated on time.
· Ensure that all paper work is kept according to the policies and procedures of the organisation and filed neatly with supporting documents in respective files.
· Undertake any other reasonable duties requested by the Area Representative or the Head of Logistics.
Management of Communication equipment
· Ensure that there is adequate and appropriate communication equipment in each field at all times.
· Ensure communications assets are effectively used, appropriate procedures and protocols are developed and adhered to, and that they contribute optimally to staff safety and programme effectiveness.
· Work with Area Security Focal Manager/Focal Point and ensure that all staff knows how to use the communications equipment.
· Technically line manages all the Logistics staff in the Area.
· Provide day to day technical support to logistics staff in the field offices, to monitor their performance and provide skills training to fill any gaps in logistics capacity to Logistics staff, Programme staff and Partners.
· Ensure appropriate Logistics staffing is place in field offices under Somaliland Programme
· Ensure the recruitment, training, and promotion of staff as appropriate and ensure availability of appropriate professional development opportunities to staff.
· Manage the performance of all staff in the logistics work area through effective use of the performance Management System including the establishment of clear, measurable objectives ongoing feedback, periodic reviews fair and unbiased evaluations.
|COMPETENCIES AND BEHAVIOURS
Delivering Results (Accomplished)
· Maintains a broad strategic perspective at the same time as an awareness of the detail of a situation
· Establishes clear and compelling objectives with teams and individuals and monitors progress and performance
· Creates and applies measures and metrics to track performance
· Holds others accountable for achieving results and challenges underperformance
· Demonstrates financial awareness and a concern for cost effectiveness
Developing Self and Others (Accomplished)
· Gives regular positive and constructive feedback to others
· Identifies clear development needs and development plans through regular constructive reviews of their own performance (and their team’s where appropriate)
· Creates space for others to learn and provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments when people are ready for them
· Coaches others to learn from their experiences on the job and to use the resources available to them
Problem Solving & Decision Making (Skilled)
· Gathers the right information and uses critical thinking to make effective and timely decisions
· Knows when to involve others in a decision
· Simplifies processes and procedures wherever possible
Applying Technical & Professional Expertise (Skilled)
· Delivers work that reflects a good knowledge and application of technical and professional standards
· Keeps up to date with trends in their work area
· Maintains ethical and professional behaviour in accordance with relevant codes of conducts
Working Effectively With Others (Accomplished)
· Enables people from a wide range of backgrounds and perspectives to contribute to positive outcomes
· Breaks down silo working and challenges behaviours that are not collaborative
· Knows when to follow and lend leadership to strengthen other leaders
· Recognises when trust is broken and seeks to resolve conflict and re-establish trust
|QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
· Bachelor Degree or equivalent in relevant field.
· professional certification in Supply Chain Management
· Progressive 3-5 years of experience in handling logistics in an INGO.
· Fluency in written and spoken English.
· Must have strong reporting and communication skills and excellent computer skills in MS Word & Excel.
· Experience in procurement, fleet management including vehicles maintenance, servicing & repairs
· Knowledge & experience of dealing with service providers and contractors.
· Ability to work under pressure to deadlines.
· Ability to work independently on his or her own initiative
Strong team skills
|CHILD SAFEGUARDING POLICY:
Any employee, consultant, contractor or the supplier undertaking an activity on behalf of SCI must sign the Child Safeguarding – Declaration of Acceptance Form] and comply with the SCI’s Child Safeguarding Policy which is a statement of SCI’s commitment to preventing abuse and protecting children with whom it comes into contact.
This extends not only to children with whom SCI and its partners work directly, but also includes children whom staff are responsible for. SCI believes that the situation of children must be improved through the promotion of their rights supported and demonstrated by all members of staff. Save the Children International’s Code of Conduct sets out the standards which all staff members must adhere to.
Interested candidates are required to apply through the URL link
Applications will close on 23/6/2021
——- NAGUSOO BIIR — SOMALI JOBS————-
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somalijobs
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1792 total views, 60 today