Assistant Finance Officer (or Cashier) – Baidoa, Somalia
- Job category: Accountant/Finance/Budget Affairs
- Post date:13 Oct 2021
- Share job:
|Position Title: Assistant Finance Officer (or Cashier)|
|Duty Station: Baidoa|
|Position Category: Full-time|
The Mercy Corps Finance Department is responsible for all financial functions in Baidoa including accounting, payments and banking, payroll, budgeting, financial reporting, and grant financial management and compliance. The Mercy Corps Finance Department ensures compliance with donor regulations as well as Mercy Corps’ internal policies and procedures. In its role as a support to the Program Department, the Finance Department provides timely reports and assistance to the Country Director and the Program team to ensure that financial resources are used efficiently and effectively.
[Describe overview of job mission
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY:
Working in the Finance Department under the direction of the Deputy Finance Manager and Finance Manager, the Assistant Finance Officer will assist in the processing and recording of payment transactions in timely and accurate manner.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Maintain custody of the office cash fund and make daily payments of approved transactions
- Prepare cash payment vouchers and ensure that all cash transactions are fully and properly documented
- Review expense reports (travel expense reports and operational expense reports) for accuracy and completeness and ensure that expense reports have been fully approved before payment
- Perform daily cash count with the Senior Finance Officer
- Record payment vouchers daily in the cash batch
- Maintain the uncleaned cash advance file and prepare past due advance report for the Finance Manager
- Prepare checks or wire transfer requests based on fully approved documents and present to approved check-signers for review and signature.
- Prepare bank payment vouchers and ensure that all bank transactions are properly and fully documented
- Record payment vouchers daily in the bank batch
- Prepare photocopies of vouchers and other supporting documents as required for the monthly reporting package to HQ Finance
- File all cash and bank vouchers and maintain voucher filing system such that files are updated, complete and safeguarded
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission.
- Other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: None
REPORTS DIRECTLY TO: Senior Finance Officer
WORKS DIRECTLY WITH: All finance dept staffs, Program staffs, Operations Staffs
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Two or more years of bookkeeping, banking or cashiering experience
- A degree in accounting or a relevant business field is desirable.
- Strong computer skills in MS Office programs, particularly Excel
- Accuracy in the processing of cash transactions, mathematical aptitude and attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written English skills
A clear understanding of finance and procurement ethics as well as the willingness and ability to enforce compliance with Mercy Corps and donor policies and procedures is essential. A high level of personal integrity, honesty and transparency in all cash handling is absolutely essential. The ability to interact effectively with international and national staff members is required. A demonstrated ability to work quickly and accurately, meet deadlines and process information in support of changing program activities is necessary.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Mercy Corps is an equal opportunity employer that does not tolerate discrimination on any basis. We actively seek out diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills so that we can be collectively stronger and have sustained global impact.
We are committed to providing an environment of respect and psychological safety where equal employment opportunities are available to all. We do not engage in or tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability (including HIV/AIDS status), marital status, military veteran status or any other protected group in the locations where we work.
Safeguarding & Ethics
Mercy Corps is committed to ensuring that all individuals we come into contact with through our work, whether team members, community members, program participants or others, are treated with respect and dignity. We are committed to the core principles regarding prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse laid out by the UN Secretary General and IASC. We will not tolerate child abuse, sexual exploitation, abuse, or harassment by or of our team members. As part of our commitment to a safe and inclusive work environment, team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner, respect local laws and customs, and to adhere to Mercy Corps Code of Conduct Policies and values at all times. Team members are required to complete mandatory Code of Conduct eLearning courses upon hire and on an annual basis.
All interested candidates are encouraged to apply for this position and submit their applications (cover letter, updated CV and contacts of 3 professional referees) through https://www.mercycorps.org/careers/national only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Deadline for Applications: Oct 17, 2021
——- NAGUSOO BIIR — SOMALI JOBS————-
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somalijobs
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1579 total views, 22 today