Assistant to the Auditor General – Mogadishu, Somalia
- Job category: Audit/Auditor
- Post date:30 Jun 2020
- Job expires in: 7 days
- Share job:
|OFFICE OF THE AUDITOR GENERAL|
|The Federal Government of Somalia|
|1.||Job title||Assistant to the Auditor General|
|2.||Location||Office of the Auditor General Somalia|
- Contract period 01/08/20 – 31/07/21
- CompensationNegotiable based on qualifications and experience
The Office of the Auditor General of the Federal Republic of Somalia (OAGS) is responsible to audit all the federal government institutions and the independent enterprises provided with a public private partnership. The OAGS was established in the early 1960s. When the revolution appeared in 1969, the OAGS was rearranged as a Magistrate of Account with a new law (no. 34 of 14/04/1972). This led to several improvements and tangible outcomes The Assistant to the Auditor General will be responsible to assist the Auditor General in managerial, coordination, communication and administrative tasks.
Roles and responsibilities
- Serves as focal point for the Executive Office, Auditor General.
- Manages the daily calendar and schedule of the Executive Office.
- Conducts research, review and analysis of key documentation for the Auditor General when needed.
- Drafts correspondence, notes-to-the-file and contribution to the preparations of speeches, reports, presentations, etc.
- Provides support for internal and external meetings, such as by
- preparing necessary presentation materials
- inviting and organizing meetings
- chairing and facilitating meetings where appropriate
- distributing minutes
- documenting and following up on important actions and decisions
- Attends meetings and travels with the AG, as needed, on official visits.
- Organizes, attends and participates in stakeholder meetings, such as with World Bank, IDI, and European Union.
- Coordinates special projects:
- Maintains and monitors project plans in coordination with relevant parties, i.e. Planning & Performance Unit in the OAG, World Bank & EU Project Coordinators from Ministry of Finance. Also keeps up project schedules, work hours, budgets and expenditures.
- Ensures project deadlines are met.
- Creates a project management calendar for fulfilling each goal and objective.
- Provides administrative support for the AG as needed, including travel arrangements.
- Relevant Bachelor’s Degree as a minimum
Knowledge & Skills
- Knowledge: Internal Communication, External Communication, Communication Strategy, Events Management, IT Communications Systems, Public Sector Protocol and Etiquette, Office Administration, Secretarial functions
- Skills: Facilitation skills, Presentation skills, Negotiation skills, Project management skills, Computer Literacy skills, Knowledge Management Skills, Strategic Thinking, Stakeholder Engagement, Strategic Communication, Report Writing
Minimum 3 years eof relevant experience
Contact details and closing date for applications
Interested persons can email their CVs and a brief application text to firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for submitting applications is 10/07/2020
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1780 total views, 217 today