ASSOCIATE PROGRAM DIRECTOR – Mogadishu, Somalia
- Job category: Management/Leadership
- Post date:19 Nov 2020
- Job expires in: Endless
- Share job:
POSITION ADVERTISED: ASSOCIATE PROGRAM DIRECTOR.
The Adventist Development and Relief Agency (ADRA) is a global humanitarian organization with a mission to work with people in poverty and distress to create just and positive change. ADRA Somalia belongs to the world wide network, comprised of more than 130 supporting and implementing country offices. ADRA Somalia is seeking to recruit an Associate Program Director.
Job Location: Mogadishu with frequent travels to other regions of Somalia
Within delegated authority, the Associate Director – Programs will be responsible for the following duties:
Coordination and Liaison (60%):
- Liaise and conduct outreach with officials and senior staff of key government institutions and of other relevant actors on all aspects relevant to support for ADRA Somalia operations, including the planning, implementation and monitoring of projects.
- Organize, prepare and contribute to written outputs, including reports, background briefs, talking points, correspondence, and other communications products as required on developments and partnerships with government stakeholders and other actors.
- Coordinate, participate and report on meetings and workshops-as requested by the CD or PD
- Conduct field level coordination with the different programs team
- Strengthen collaboration between different partner agencies and members of the humanitarian architecture in Somalia, including but not limited to the national government, relevant cluster leads, UN partners, INGO and LNGOs.
- Maintain and update a database with all the relevant contacts (i.e. spokespersons and focal points) from the different organizations and government departments partnering with ADRA Somalia
- Liaison with the relevant government departments to consolidate priorities for new business development
- Assess implications and makes recommendations to senior management on possible policies, strategies and other measures to address issues of concern and to advance mandated objectives.
- Liaison with the PD and PD&QC Unit and share organizational opportunities with the government
- Engage the relevant government departments for joint programming as may be necessary
- Notify PD about anticipated delays or any project related community or government concerns.
- Supporting the PD in exploring areas of mutual interest and forging partnerships with INGOs, LNGOs, civil society organizations and public sector bodies.
- Promote the deeper understanding within ADRA Somalia on Government-related issues and priorities.
- Assisting the relevant government departments to monitor implementation activities.
- Coordinate program implementation at field level, working closely with various implementation teams.
- Participate in program design and implementation meetings.
- Spearhead different activities at field level including assessments, donor visits and monitoring visits by government departments.
- Compile regular situation reports on the outputs and interventions being implemented in Somalia
- Plan, design and implement coordination of meetings, training activities, exchange sessions and other activities required for ongoing projects.
- Provide substantive backstopping, logistics and representational support for visits by different missions e.g. donors to the field as required.
- Perform additional functions, in line with his/her responsibilities, as assigned by the Country Director or Programs Director,
- If you meet the above requirements, please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 30th November 2020. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Applicants to provide current and expected salary.
‘’ADRA Somalia is committed to upholding the rights of all children and vulnerable adults that we serve and those we interact with in the course of our work. We endevour to protect all from all forms of abuse and exploitation as outlined in the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child and Inter Agency Standing Committee (IASC) six core principles on Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (SEA). ADRA Somalia has zero tolerance to abuse and exploitation of beneficiaries and staff.’’
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1251 total views, 10 today