Associate RSD Officer – Level 2 – Hargeisa, Somaliland
- Job category: Management/Leadership
- Post date:30 May 2021
- Share job:
Associate RSD Officer – Level 2
Minimum age: 25 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations.
Strategic Direction and Coordination:
- Stay abreast of legal, political, security and other developments which impact on the protection environment, and in particular, on protection delivery through RSD.
- Assist in the development of the RSD strategy of the operation and in the annual planning exercise.
- Contribute to the development and enhancement of regional and global RSD standards and policies.
Response and Advice:
- Review RSD decisions and provide appropriate feedback and guidance to RSD staff. 
- Conduct RSD interviews and draft RSD Assessments in accordance with applicable standards and guidelines.
- Maintain accurate and up-to date records and data related to all work on individual cases.
- Provide counselling to asylum seekers and refugees.
- Assist in designing, implementing and revising, as required, operation-specific SOPs for all aspects of the RSD operation in accordance with applicable standards and policies.
- Systematically apply an age, gender and diversity (AGD) perspective in the performance of assigned functions.
- Assist in monitoring RSD trends and in compiling and analysing RSD statistics related to RSD case processing to identify and respond to developments or issues impacting on the efficiency or quality of RSD decision-making, and to propose remedial measures.
Advocacy, Information Management and Research:
- Conduct research on country of origin information (COI) and legal issues related to RSD and assist in maintaining a local repository of relevant information, guidelines and standards accessible to RSD staff in the operation.
- Ensure that persons of concern, Government authorities and legal partners have accurate information on the RSD procedures, including UNHCR standards, policy and practice.
- Assist in developing and maintaining processes to ensure that persons of concern, Government authorities and partners have accurate information on the RSD procedures, including UNHCR standards, policy and practice.
- Assist in initiatives to advocate with and support Government authorities and legal partners to establish and strengthen fair and efficient RSD procedures and RSD decision-making.
Promotion and Capacity Building:
- Assess training needs of UNHCR staff engaged in RSD and related activities and provide on-going training and coaching on legal and procedural RSD issues.
- Support the development and implementation of RSD training initiatives for Government authorities and legal partners.
- Assist in evaluating and projecting RSD staffing needs using the RSD Staffing Benchmarks.
- Support UNHCR staff engaged in RSD and related activities and exercise effective oversight.
 Note: RSD UN Volunteers are not authorized to endorse and co-sign RSD decisions.
Bachelor degree or equivalent
Type of Degree: Law, political science, international relations or another related field.
Minimum years of relevant professional job experience, preferably in the area of refugee protection, human rights or international humanitarian law: 2 years (with a postgraduate degree) or 4 years (with an undergraduate degree).
Desirable Qualifications and Skills:
- Minimum 1 year of experience working directly with procedures and principles related to RSD.
- Knowledge of International Refugee Law and Human Rights Law and ability to apply the relevant legal principles.
- Strong research and analytical skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skills.
- Age, Gender, and Diversity (AGD) awareness and demonstrated ability to perform effectively in a multi-cultural environment.
- The ability to work effectively under stress and in crisis situations.
- English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
Protection of refugees, asylum seekers and IDPs
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Working in Teams
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections
of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink.
Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at
https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
Application deadline: 10 June 2021
——- NAGUSOO BIIR — SOMALI JOBS————-
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somalijobs
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1962 total views, 2 today