Aviation Security Assistant, G5 – Mogadishu
- Job category: SECURITY
- Post date:22 Feb 2020
- Share job:
Aviation Security Assistant, G5 Mogadishu
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
The World Food Programme Somalia activities include food assistance for relief, school feeding, nutrition, food for assets creation through provision of in-kind and cash-based transfers and safety nets.
This position is open to qualified Somali candidates, female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the technical supervision of the Aviation Security Officer and the overall supervision of the Head of Aviation Services, the incumbent will be responsible for the following duties:
• Prepare airfield assessment schedules;
• Assist AVSEC Officer in carry-out airfield assessments and reconnaissance missions and draft reports as required;
• Liaise with airfield focal points for coordinated aviation security management on all airfields;
• Recommend and prepare equipment requisitions and ensure effective use where UNHAS is the principal operator;
• Compile statistics on AVSEC incidents, relocations, security evacuations and report on the same;
• Assist to collect and review all security information available from diverse sources including local authorities;
• Assist AVSEC Officer to conduct threat and risk assessment analysis for UNHAS flight operations;
• Respond to airport/aircraft emergencies as required;
• Liaise with relevant security entities, CAA and airport authorities to obtain security information and share with the relevant parties;
• Monitor the security situation of UNHAS flight destinations and submit reports accordingly;
• Brief flight crews on security related issues about all UNHAS flight destinations;
• Assist AVSEC Officer in ensuring that all necessary security arrangements are provided to the flight;
• Participate in meetings regarding security related issues;
• Provide administrative support to the AVSEC officer by obtaining background data, preparing reports, processing authorizations/approvals and maintaining administrative files;
• Assist AVSEC Officer in organizing and conducting security related training;
• Follow up on a wide range of issues on aviation security, security occurrence reports and corrective action plans;
• Act as the AVSEC focal point in the absence of the AVSEC Officer;
• Perform other related duties as required.
Education: Completion of secondary school education. Post-secondary certificate in flight dispatch, or relevant aviation/ security related trainings.
Experience: At least four years of aviation working experience in dispatching flights from uncontrolled airfields including two years’ experience in aviation security or security management. Experience in radio telephony procedures and standard aviation phraseology.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Somali is a requirement.
Knwoledge & Skills:
• Ability to use and communicate via VHF radio.
• Ability to work independently and with teams.
• Knowledge and experience in using computer software packages and database applications.
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit online applications through E-Recruitment.
Applications that do not meet the above requirements will be disregarded. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
WFP seeks applicants of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
WFP is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
Selection of candidates is made on a competitive basis.
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1959 total views, 2 today