- Job category: Award Affairs
- Post date:1 Jul 2018
- Share job:
|TITLE: Awards Assistant -Somaliland Program|
|TEAM/PROGRAMME: Awards||LOCATION: Hargeisa, Somaliland.|
|GRADE: 5||TYPE OF CONTRACT: National|
|CHILD SAFEGUARDING :-
Level 3: the role holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work in country programs; or are visiting country programs; ore because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
|ROLE PURPOSE: The purpose of this post is support the Area Award Management Coordinator in the planning, securing and managing of both development and humanitarian awards. The position plays a key role for the award information management specifically to the emergency programing and will provide a frontline awards management support to the emergency field teams and shares information across departments.
Under the direction of the Area Awards Coordinator, the Awards Officer will be responsible for ensuring that the SCI programme adheres to all its award management obligations internally within Save the Children and externally with donors. This will include financial and narrative reporting relating to donor awards and data quality in the Award Management System.
This position is specifically responsible for updating awards management system, and will ensure compliance with financial and administrative requirements, donor specific requirements and to make recommendations for improvements.
This role will work closely with Program Implementation teams, Operations, Finance, auditors and donors and he/she will assist the end to end awards management processes including monitoring, analysis, and compliance processes. The role holder will be expected to work outside the normal scope hours in the events of major humanitarian emergency response, which will be cause to work additional infinite times.
|SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Area Awards Coordinator
Staff reporting to this post: None
Dimensions: Save the Children works in Somalia and has program presence in most regions in the country.
|KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Developing self and others; Working effectively with others
Communicating with impact, negotiation and coordination
Compliance (systems, processes, donors)
Monitoring and analysis
· Perform award monitoring processes, highlight financial and implementations issues and documents any actions to resolve issues identified and coordinate with relevant teams. Escalating to the awards coordinator potential award related risks for action and follow-up.
· Understanding of donor reporting codes and budgets and ability to work with Program team to determine appropriate structure.
· Support the Awards management team to build the capacity of budget holders on BVA analysis, budget management, donor compliance, reporting and all aspects of awards management so as to enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of the Award progress review process including monthly BvA Meeting in the field level awards. Track the spend of awards (including emergency awards) and highlight any risks to the Awards coordinator
· Support field offices and local partners through regular field visits so as to identify any challenges faced and come up with remedial actions/support.
|COMPETENCIES AND BEHAVIOURS
· Translates complex contextual information into planning and achieving results effectively
· Ability to take a range of potentially complex and conflicting information and make decision
· Designs and reviews large and complex operations to ensure maximum impact
· Ensures measures and metrics are in place to track performance in large and complex programmes
· Establishes clear and compelling objectives with teams and individuals and monitors progress and performance
· Holds others accountable for achieving results and challenges underperformance
Working effectively with others
· Puts mechanisms in place to ensure effective collaborative working across boundaries
· Enables people from a wide range of backgrounds and perspectives to contribute to positive outcomes
· Breaks down silo working and challenges behaviours that are not collaborative
· Knows when to follow and lend leadership to strengthen other leaders
Applying Technical and Professional Expertise
· Applies the required technical and professional expertise to the highest standards; promotes and shares best practice within and outside the organisation.
· Delivers work that reflects a good knowledge and application of technical and professional standards
· Keeps up to date with the trends in the work areas.
· Maintains ethical and professional behaviour in accordance with relevant codes of conducts
· Graduate qualification in business Administration, Commerce, Grants management or equivalent.
· At least 2 years’ experience managing grants, contracts & sub agreements, auditing with knowledge of major funders’ guidelines (e.g. USAID, DFID, ECHO, SIDA, World Bank, ADB and UN etc.)
· Excellent planning, management and coordination skills, with the ability to organise a demanding workload comprised of diverse and challenging tasks and responsibilities.
· Proven track record of active contribution to a senior management team, and providing strategic support across multiple sectors and/or regions.
· Very strong capacity for attention to detail, problem solving, and analysis of trends.
· Professional for Computer applications (i.e. word, advanced Excel, Outlook, PowerPoints, financial and grant management systems).
· Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
· Patient, adaptable, flexible, able to improvise and remain responsive and communicate clearly and effectively under pressure.
· Strong communication (written and spoken), and interpersonal skills in English, with experience in managing multicultural teams.
· Availability and willingness to work extra hours during times of humanitarian responses.
· Substantial direct experience of award and financial management for an international organization.
· Experience of preparing and managing complex, multi-donor emergency budgets and financial reports.
· Experience of analysing and commenting on variances between actual and budgeted expenditure.
Award (Grant) Management Skills:
· Good understanding of the award management cycle, logical frameworks, and M&E concepts.
· Knowledge (and working experience) of award management regulations and reporting requirements of major donors such as USAID, DFID, ECHO, SIDA and UN agencies.
· Experience of developing and reviewing partner budget and agreements
|Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
|CHILD SAFEGUARDING POLICY:
Any employee, consultant, contractor or the supplier undertaking an activity on behalf of SCI must sign the Child Safeguarding – Declaration of Acceptance Form] and comply with the SCI’s Child Safeguarding Policy which is a statement of SCI’s commitment to preventing abuse and protecting children with whom it comes into contact.
This extends not only to children with whom SCI and its partners work directly, but also includes children whom staff are responsible for. SCI believes that the situation of children must be improved through the promotion of their rights supported and demonstrated by all members of staff. Save the Children International’s Code of Conduct sets out the standards, which all staff members must adhere to.
|The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
Interested candidates are required to send CV and Cover letter to Somaliland.email@example.com
Applications will close on 14 July 2018
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer. Women are strongly encouraged to apply
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
2615 total views, 1 today