BAB Project Advisor – Mogadishu, Somalia
- Job category: Project Management/Assistant
- Post date:1 Apr 2021
- Share job:
Terms of Reference (ToR)
BAB Project Advisor
|I. General Information|
|Position||BAB Project Advisor|
|Project Name||Bar ama Baro (BAB) Project|
|Contract period||12 months|
|Location||Federal MOECHE, Mogadishu, Somalia|
|Reporting lines||Director General of MOECHE and Director of Planning. The post will also have a dual reporting line to BAB technical team.|
|II. Background Information|
The USAID/Somalia Bar ama Baro (BAB) Program works to increase access to quality education for a targeted number of out-of-school children and youth (ages 8-15) in specific regions of Somalia. The program will work to increase student enrollment in alternative education program sites, improve their safety, monitor acquisition of literacy, numeracy, and socio-emotional skills among the learners who enroll in them, and enhance the Federal Government of Somalia’s capacity to regulate them.
|III. Position Summary|
The Project Advisor will be embedded in the MOECHE in Mogadishu from where he/she will support in coordinating the implementation of project activities between the concerned parts to facilitate effective delivery of project activities to achieve the overall project objectives.
The post holder will act as liaison between the Federal MOECHE, Hirshabelle and Southwest Ministries of Education and Creative Associates. The program Advisor will oversee the program results for necessary action and coordination, adjustments and improvement of results contributed by the program activities.
The Project Advisor will work under the supervision of the Director General of the MOECHE and will share quarterly reports to the Director General, MOECHE and other relevant Departments. The program advisor will also have technical reporting line to BAB technical team.
|IV. Scope of Work|
The Project Advisor will assist other project support staff embedded at the MOECHE and FMS MOES in coordinating the project activities, provide capacity building at the MOECHE where relevant as well as oversee and offer general guidance and coordination between MOECHE/FMS and BAB Team.
|V. Key responsibilities|
- Provide technical and strategic advice and assist MOECHE/FMS, and project implementing partners with high quality and professional leadership under the project.
- Coordinate among the MOECHE, Hirshabelle and Southwest MOEs, BAB team and other relevant stakeholders of the grant in providing their inputs in the implementation of the project activities; and ensure for effective delivery of their quality services as per agreed terms and conditions.
- Support the MOECHE and FMS MOEs in ensuring smooth implementation of the project and compliance to agreed results, reporting and evaluation targets.
- Enable the flow of information between all relevant parties, particularly the relevant stakeholders.
- Facilitate cooperation between the FGS MOECHE, FMS MOEs, BAB Team and other key stakeholders on the project activities and communicate priorities and concerns of the target groups to the relevant desks;
- In collaboration with relevant managers, organize and participate in community sensitization and outreach activities to raise awareness to develop greater understanding on the importance of girl’s education particularly girls with disability.
- Ensure to enhance community participation, partnership and commitment for the project.
- Consolidate project progress reports, record challenges and lessons learnt during the implementation period in accordance with reporting format and procedures as specified in the project document;
- Oversight of the performance of the project and ensure effective delivery of the services for the project as per the requirement of the Project;
- Jointly undertake with the relevant official site/field visits to monitor and evaluate the progress of the project deliverable;
- Identify and provide viable recommendations to address any shortfalls observed with project deadlines and deliverables.
- Participate in trainings, workshops, supervision and implementation support missions conducted by the FGS MOECHE, FMS MOEs, BAB Team (if needed)
- Attend and organize relevant meetings to support the implementation and coordination of project activities, as requested by the MOECHE
- Perform any other duties as required by the MOECHE.
|VI. Key Qualifications|
- Advanced degree in Education, Social Sciences, or other closely related disciplines with extensive knowledge of management and report writing.
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience in programme monitoring and evaluation.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in designing, implementation and coordination practical systems.
- Experience in capacity building of local staff and partners.
- Effective verbal and written communication, multi-tasking, organizational, and prioritization skills.
- Demonstrable attention to detail, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members is required.
- Excellent interpersonal and cross-cultural communications skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a virtual team member.
- Must be willing to be based at the Ministry of Education, Culture and Higher Education.
|VII. Core Values & Critical Key Competencies|
Respect, Integrity, Commitment, Diversity, Stress Tolerance, communicating with Impact, Excellence and Building Partnerships.
|VII. How to Apply|
Send electronic submissions of updated resume & cover letter to Recruitment@crea-bab.com
With the subject line indicating Application for Project Advisor MoECHE – Mogadishu Somalia.
Deadline 7th April 2021.
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
2158 total views, 1 today