BRA PIU Administration and Finance Officer – Mogadishu, Somalia
- Job category: Accountant/Finance/Budget Affairs
- Post date:1 May 2021
- Job expires in: 3 days
- Share job:
BENADIR REGIONAL ADMINISTRATION
SOMALIA URBAN RESILIENCE PROJECT PHASE TWO (SURP-II)
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (REOI)
INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANT’S SELECTION
Country: Federal Government of Somalia
Name of the Project: Somalia Urban Resilience Project-Phase Two
Consulting Service: BRA PIU Administration and Finance Officer
Duty Station: Mogadishu Municipality
Deadline: 8th May, 2021
Ref No.: SO-MM-228137-CS-INDV
Somalia Urban Resilience Project Phase Two (SURP II or the “Project”) aims to enhance the resilience of select cities, with a particular focus on supporting physical infrastructure by financing investments in priority urban infrastructure. The Project will also strengthen the municipal government’s capacity and foster confidence in local structures, while supporting cooperation between the Federal Government of Somalia (FGS), Federal Member States (FMS), and municipal governments. Furthermore, the Project aims to help strengthen social resilience by fostering social cohesion and supporting infrastructure that benefits both host communities and internally displaced persons, ensuring investments are prioritized through a participatory, evidence based and inclusive decision-making process. Government-citizen trust will be at the core of the Project, with communities engaged at all stages of project design, implementation, and monitoring.
The Project was approved in December 2019 and is expected to close on 31st December 2024.
The Benadir Regional Administration (BRA) is seeking to use a portion of the SURP-II funds to finance the recruitment of BRA PIU Administration and Finance Officer
SURP-II BRA PIU Administration & Finance Officer’s responsibility includes providing support to PIU team and ensure efficient operation of the office. He/she will support Project Implementation Unit and BRA through a variety of tasks related to organization and communications. The admin job scope includes communicating & ensuring that all administrative assistant duties are completed accurately and delivered with high quality and in a timely manner. Provide a complete finance service to the whole of the Project, addressing all issues of a finance nature and providing all relevant information to meet external demands. The Admin and Finance Officer will report to the BRA PIU Coordinator though the BRA PIU Financial Management Specialist.
——- FOLLOW US — SOMALI JOBS————-
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somalijobs
The selection shall be based on qualification, experience and skills of the candidate and followed by an interview. The qualifications, experience and competencies include:
- Possession of a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration
- At least five (5) years administration and/or finance experience
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
- Experience of working within a finance department
- Basic understanding of accounting processes and procedures
- Awareness of the provisions of the Data Protection Act and be able to apply these within the PIU and BRA
- Ability to work under Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritise work
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organisational and planning skills
- pressure and meet targets and deadlines
- Ability to work in a busy office environment that often demands high levels of concentration
- Ability to respond effectively to changing priorities
- Ability to manage high volume workload
- Ability to work effectively with minimal management guidance/supervision
- Willingness to accept responsibility
- Fluency in spoken and written Somali and English;
- Knowledge of local dynamics in Somalia
The duration of the assignment shall initially be for a period one year with a three-month trial period at the start of the contract.
The Benadir Regional Administration (“Client”) now invites eligible Individual Consultants to indicate their interest in providing the above-mentioned services. Interested consultants must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the Services and provide his/her Curriculum Vitae (CV).
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to section III, para 3.14,3.16 & 3.17 of the World Bank’s Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers: Procurement in Investment Projects Financing Goods, Works, Non -Consulting and Consulting Services, July 2016, revised November 2017 and August 2018 (“Procurement Regulations”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Individual Consultant method set out in the World Bank Procurement Regulations.
Interested applicants may obtain further information including a detailed Terms of Reference from the from the BRA website on: www.bra.gov.so or upon submission of application to the following email address given below during office hours from 8.30 a.m.– 3.30 p.m. Saturday to Thursday.
Expressions of Interest must be delivered electronically to the above email address by 8th May, 2021 at 15:00 PM and indicate “Expression of Interest for BRA PIU Administration and Finance Officer”
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1385 total views, 128 today