Call for Expression of Interest for: Somali NGOs interested in a partnership with Oxfam
- Job category: Tender/Bid/RFQ/RFP
- Post date:7 Oct 2019
- Share job:
Call for Expression of Interest for:
Somali NGOs and social enterprises interested in a partnership with Oxfam
Oxfamunderstands partnerships as mutually empowering relationships, which are aware of power dynamics and focused on mutual growth, organizational development, institutional strengthening and above all, on achieving impact together. We believe that programmes implemented in partnership increase the collective knowledge, skills, reach and experience applied to an issue or challenge. Oxfam believes that when we work in partnership, we implement better programmes and have more effective impact.
Oxfam has a long history of partnering with Somali organisations. Oxfam currently works in partnership to deliver programmes on: humanitarian response (drought and resilient livelihoods), empowering women and youth, inclusive civic expression, economic inclusion, influence in decision-making and access to justice. In addition, Oxfam and partners focus on influencing work with regards to: debt cancellation for Somalia, women’s rights, youth employment and the localisation of aid.
Purpose of EOI
This call is directed at Somali NGOs interested in working with Oxfam on the implementation of the above projects/programmes under its three current programme pillars: 1) Humanitarian and Resilience, 2) Youth and Technology and 3) Inclusive Civic Expression.
We therefore invite EOI from Somali-based humanitarian and development NGOs that meet the eligibility criteria mentioned below. Oxfam will contact shortlisted organisations for further discussions and potential engagement in partnerships. Interested organisations can submit their EOI (link to EOI form: http://bit.ly/2IsOqL2) to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.Deadline: 31 October 2019.
Oxfam’s values and partnership principles
Oxfamis a rights-based organisation and we apply a set of core values and partnership principles to our ways of working. We work with staff and partners who share and can identify with our values. Our values are
1) Empowerment: everyone involved with Oxfam, from our staff and supporters to people living in poverty, should feel they can make change happen.
2) Accountability:we take responsibility for our actions and hold ourselves accountable. We believe that others should also be held accountable for their actions.
3) Inclusiveness:we are open to everyone and embrace diversity. We believe everyone has a contribution to make, regardless of visible and invisible differences.
Overall, we put women at the heart of all we do – for example by working with women and men to address inequalities and injustice and by empowering women and girls through our programmesand ways of working. By working in partnership with Oxfam, partners commit tothese core values.
Oxfam’s values are further reflected in our six partnership principles:
|1) Shared vision and values||4) Transparency and mutual accountability|
|2) Complementarity of purpose and value added||5) Clarity on roles and responsibilities|
|3) Autonomy and independence||6) Commitment to joint learning|
Eligibility Criteria for Potential Partners
- Local NGOs (humanitarian and development) with government registration and capacity and interest in working in partnership with an INGO.
- Sharing Oxfam’s vision and values, as outlined above.
- Experience of working in Oxfam’s thematic areas as outlined above
- Humanitarian and Resilience: WASH, Food Security, Livelihoods, Protection
- Youth and Technology:youth employment and job creation, entrepreneurship and SMEs development, innovation and ICT
- Inclusive Civic Expression:women’s rights and empowerment, youth empowerment
- Interest and experience in advocacyfor and accountability to affected populations
- Commitment and experience in working on women’s rights and programmesthat target and empower women
If your organisation fulfils the above criteria, we invite you to return the completed application form (see link below) to the following email address:email@example.com.Oxfam will contact shortlisted organisations for further discussions and potential engagement in partnerships. Link to EOI form: http://bit.ly/2IsOqL2. The form can be downloaded and completed offline. Deadline for EOI submission is 31 October 2019.
Oxfam partnering process– next steps
- Oxfam will review EOIs and shortlist organisationsdeemed suitable for potential partnerships
- Shortlisted organisations will be contacted for a partnership assessment (risk&compliance, strategic fit, background checks) for potential partnership, with suitable partners being added to a partnership register
- Depending on areas/vision of implementation/work and funding, Oxfam will contact registered partners for joint projects
Only shortlisted NGOs will be contacted. Please note that the submission of an EOI does not equal a commitment by Oxfam to partner with and support organisations financially.Existing Oxfam partners need not to apply.
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
4910 total views, 6 today