CAMP COORDINATION & CAMP MANAGEMENT SENIOR OFFICER
ACTED JOB OPPORTUNITY
CAMP COORDINATION & CAMP MANAGEMENT SENIOR OFFICER –BAIDOA
Position: Camp Coordination and Camp Management (CCCM) Senior Officer
Department: Project Implementation Unit
Direct hierarchy: CCCM Project Manager.
Starting date: May 2019
- Background on ACTED
ACTED is a French humanitarian NGO, founded in 1993, which supports vulnerable populations, affected by humanitarian crises worldwide. ACTED provides continued support to vulnerable communities by ensuring the sustainability of post-crisis interventions and engaging long-term challenges facing our target populations, in order to break the poverty cycle, foster development and reduce vulnerability to disasters. Their interventions seek to cover the multiple aspects of humanitarian and development crises through a multidisciplinary approach which is both global and local, and adapted to each context.
ACTED is looking for professionally confident, self-motivated, experienced and committed team player to fill CCCM Senior Officer position in Baidoa.
- Position Profile
ACTED’s CCCM Senior Officer will play an integral part of the camp management team of ensuring that all inhabitants of the camp are living a safe, secured and dignified life. This will require constant interaction with the camp community, coordination, monitoring and understanding the protection risks and challenges faced in the camp. The CCCM Senior Officer will also have an administrative responsibility of ensuring that CCCM staff and incentivized labour for their site are actively following their TORs and abiding by ACTED’s camp Code of Conduct.
- Duties and Responsibilities
- Implement CCCM activities as requested by the CCCM Technical Coordinator and Area Coordinator such as but not limited to:
- Responsible for ACTED’s CCCM team working on site including but not limited to creating daily work plans, assure that activities are ongoing without delays, submitting daily reports back to CCCM Technical Coordinator/AC, up-to-date records of activities are updated and stored accordingly, interaction with stakeholders and partners at the site level.
- Spearhead with assistance from ACTED’s CCCM TC capacity building trainings of local authorities, site committee members and partners working at the camp level.
- Work at generating capacity of CCCM staff and hired workers from the camp setting
- Liaise with local authorities, camp committees, partners and other stakeholders in ensuring that activities and camp management exercise is aligned with needs in the camp
- Design assessments and surveys used to capture pertinent needs of camp residents
- Report directly back to CCCM TC/AC on changes to the camp environment including but not limited to security, standards, needs/gaps, influxes, departures, etc.
- Ensure timely and adequate registration of IDPs in camp, including identification of persons with specific needs in coordination with protection partners.
- Participation in ACTED’s security protocol for camp sites including submitting security clearance forms, getting up-to-date security news from key informants in the local community and conveying to ACTED’s Area Coordinator for Hargeisa of any security risks or constraints obtained from the site.
- Monitor status of population and highlighting trends with camp management team
- Treat community members in a sensitive and humane manner
- Build and maintain mutually respectful relationships with Camp Management, service providers, local authorities, IDP community members and host community members, in order to ensure smooth communication, activity implementation, and community outreach.
- Any other tasks as requested by ACTED’s CCCM Project Manager of Hargeisa and CCCM Technical Coordinator
- Qualifications/Skills Required
Essential qualifications and experience:
- Completion of university degree in civil engineering, humanities, social studies, architecture, urban planning or engineering
- Minimum two years of experience in international and/or local NGO; ideally involved in the direct implementation of field level humanitarian assistance to refugees or IDPs.
- Experience working in a camp setting
- Previous work with camp management agency
- Technical skills such as Microsoft Office.
- Experience in community services, women empowerment, youth activities, protection, distribution or registration.
- Experience in working with national partners, local/government authorities, and UN organizations.
Essential knowledge and skills:
- Fluency in English and local language, both oral and written.
- Extensive knowledge of Somalian displacement context.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and team-playing skills.
- Highly flexible, with the ability to use initiative.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Commitment to humanitarian principles and values.
- Understanding of gender, protection and human rights.
- Commitment to promoting gender equality.
- Managerial experience, including leading/supervising subordinate staff, organizing activities and report writing.
- Experience in training and capacity-building of staff.
- Experience in CCCM, including Introduction to CCCM Training.
- Preferable experience operating in a refugee/IDP camp environment.
- Knowledge of logistics and procurement processes.
- Application Procedure:
Qualified Somali Nationals with the required skills and qualifications are invited to submit their detailed curriculum vitae and cover letter as a single document (i.e. the cover letter should be on the first page and the CV should start on the second page of the same document) to firstname.lastname@example.org and received on or before 13thMay 2019 with the subject line “CCCM Senior Officer-Baidoa”. Applications sent after the deadline will not be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ACTED will at no stage of recruitment process request candidate to make payments of any kind. Further, ACTED has not retained any agent in connection with recruitments.
ACTED is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
2656 total views, 1 today