Cash for Work Supervisor – (4 Positions) – Wanlaweyn district, Somalia
- Job category: Accountant/Finance/Budget Affairs
- Post date:22 Oct 2020
- Share job:
KAAH Relief & Development Organization Short Name: KAAH Relief Physical Address: Adan Ade Airport Road, Wadajir district, opposite UNICEF/WHO office, Mogadishu, Somalia Tel: +252615503333/+252699962373, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.kaahsomalia.org
Vacancy Announcement: 22nd October 2020
Position: Cash for work supervisor – (4 positions)
Duration: 6 months
Location: Wanlaweyn district, Somalia
Directly reports to: Livelihood Officer
Application closing date: 1st November 2020
KAAH Relief and Development Organization abbreviated as KAAH is a National humanitarian organization working in Somalia since its establishment the year 2001. KAAH is a non-profit making organization to address and mitigate the effects of biting natural and man-made disasters and the socio-economic problems in Somalia. It is an initiative formed to resist prolonged insecurity and droughts in Somalia and the increased lack of humanitarian access and humanitarian services to victims in Somalia.
KAAH targets vulnerable beneficiaries both in urban and rural areas on life-saving activities through emergency response, recovery, livelihoods, and developmental activities. With regards to the absence of the socio-economic infrastructure and the systems of governance and institutions which led to the collapse of livelihoods and all the basic services of many communities. The organization also focuses on governance projects of peace building and development initiatives. KAAH since its inception and mutual partnerships with global development and local partners has been able to implement humanitarian protection activities in collaboration with its stakeholders.
In partnership with Somali Humanitarian Fund, KAAH is implementing livelihood program, titled ‘Improve access to food among food-insecure households in Wanlaweyn of Lower Shabelle region’. The program aims to improve access to food among food-insecure households and the provision of appropriate livelihood seasonal inputs in Wanlawayn of Lower Shabelle region. Targeting the most vulnerable people that had recently displaced as a result of the flooding. With the aim of improving their access to food through unconditional and protecting and restoring the livelihoods related to food and income sources through conditional Cash transfers.
Overall Job Purpose
Cash for work supervisors will be dedicated for daily attendance and guidance of the cash for work beneficiaries.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct initial meetings in community about Livelihoods project activities
- Conduct meetings/sessions in community
- Ensure better participation in the meeting
- Sensitize community about the project activities
- Facilitate in Establishing Beneficiary Selection Committees and Project management Committees
- Assist in Organizing & conducting trainings on Livelihoods activities
- Ensure documentation of all related activities in soft & hard copies
- Submit work plans & activity reports
- Participate in project related meetings/trainings/workshops
- Ensure complete & advance preparation of materials & stationary to be used in the trainings
- Ensure Documentation of all Activities of the Project
- Maintain documentation files of the activities with relevant tags
- Ensure timely submission of weekly/monthly work plans and reports
Job Knowledge/Technical Expertise
- Possesses basic knowledge of organizational policies and procedures relating to the position and applies them consistently in work tasks.
- Understands and applies fundamental concepts and principles of a professional discipline or technical specialty relating to the position.
- Demonstrates in-depth understanding and knowledge of the current guidelines and project management tools and utilizes these regularly in work assignments.
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in Agriculture or equivalent.
- Secondary education with added relevant certifications and 3 years of experience.
- 2 to 4 years’ experience with NGOs or INGOs in emergency related livelihood activities.
- Knowledge about tools and process of Social Mobilization is required
- Significant proven experience in social mobilization, sensitization, and organization
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to work alone and as a part of the team
- Effective interpersonal skills
- The post is open to only Somali Nationals
- Female applicants are encouraged
Interested applicants are requested to submit their detailed CV and cover letter through the following email addresses: ‘email@example.com’ copying ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’. With the subject line indicating ‘Application for the CFW supervisor Position’, on or before 1st November 2020.
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1644 total views, 2 today