CCCM Coordinator – Hargeisa, Somaliland
- Job category: Coordinator
- Post date:24 Nov 2021
- Job expires in: 8 days
- Share job:
Position: CCCM Coordinator
Starting Date January 2021
Background on ACTED
ACTED is a French humanitarian NGO, founded in 1993, which supports vulnerable populations, affected by humanitarian crises worldwide. ACTED provides continued support to vulnerable communities by ensuring the sustainability of post-crisis interventions and engaging long-term challenges facing our target populations, in order to break the poverty cycle, foster development and reduce vulnerability to disasters. Their interventions seek to cover the multiple aspects of humanitarian and development crises through a multidisciplinary approach which is both global and local, and adapted to each context.
ACTED is looking for professionally confident, self-motivated, experienced and committed team player to fill the CCCM Coordinator position in Hargeisa, Somaliland.
The CCCM Coordinator, under operational guidance of the Deputy Country Director, is responsible for ensuring the overall success of ACTED’s project within the time and resources allocated. The CCCM Coordinator oversees field operations and is involved in some level of strategy development. Overall, the CCCM coordinator ensures effective and timely completion of activities, delivery of quality outputs and achievement of outcomes with maximum impact for beneficiaries.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop overall project implementation strategy (incl. the transition/phase out strategy), systems, approaches, tools, and materials;
- Supports the DCD and other departments in the development and implementation of the technical CCCM strategy, bringing new ideas and energy to the actualization of the strategy at field level.
- Identify and plan technical skills and requirements to implement the project as per relevant standards;
- Prepare the work plan, to serve as a comprehensive and detailed model map for the successful implementation of the all CCCM projects;
- Organize, plan and lead project kick-off and end of project transition planning meetings, and follow-up on the project-related action points originating from these meetings.
Project Implementation Follow-up
- Control the work plan, monitor the implementation status of the project and update the project progress on a daily basis;
- Document implementation progress and challenges by regularly updating the Project Management Framework (PMF) and sharing it with country coordination;
- Ensure that relevant technical quality and standards are considered and respected during project implementation;
- Coordinate and manage changes in project implementation, in particular identifying change needs to occur, reviewing proposed changed, analyzing the impact they have on the project plan, approving/denying requested changes and controlling and updating the scope, cost, budget, schedule, and quality requirements based upon approved changes and in coordination with the Project Development Unit and the Finance Department;
- Provide regular and timely updates on progress and challenges to supervisors and other team members.
Documenting and Compliance
- Ensure project records and documents, in particular documents that proof completion of activities (beneficiary list, donation certificates, attendance sheets, etc.) are adequately prepared, compiled and filed according to ACTED procedures and donor specific procedures;
- Maintain a beneficiary master database containing all beneficiary registration and baseline information as well as the activities from which the beneficiaries benefitted ensure the data is protected from misuse in line with ACTED’s data protection policy;
- Ensure staff awareness of, and respect of, ACTED’s code of conduct, FLATS procedures and donor requirements.
Beneficiary Engagement and Accountability
- Ensure project staff adhere to ACTED’s Code of Conduct and treat all beneficiaries with respect and without any distinction or discrimination based on nationality, race, ethnicity, tribe, gender, religious beliefs, political opinion or disability;
- Oversee the appropriate, achievable and acceptable selection of project beneficiaries;
- Develop a communication strategy with communities so that factual, objective and actionable information is provided to project stakeholders;
- Ensure project stakeholders are empowered to participate throughout the project cycle;
- Ensure that ACTED’s Complaints and Response Mechanism is communicated to target communities and solve complaints related to the project in coordination with the AMEU.
External Coordination and Stakeholder Engagement
- Support, facilitate or undertake communication and liaison activities to actively consult and involve beneficiaries, key informants, actors, partners and stakeholders in all stages of project design (liaising with the PD unit) and implementation;
- Coordinate and collaborate with others by cultivating good relations with key humanitarian actors – local and international, including government authorities and non-state actors, through regular attendance at technical meetings and bilateral meetings;
- Identify opportunities to collaborate and coordinate efforts with other organizations to ensure our activities build upon – rather than replicate – the work of others;
- Refer unmet needs to other relevant actors;
- Share externally learning and innovation with communities and other stakeholders.
- Regularly conduct a context analysis in the project implementation area by identifying and following micro signals (e.g. security indicators, socio-economic indicators) and support the Area Coordinator and the Security Department in preparing the monthly update of SEC-02GZ;
- Human Resource
- Define the structure of the project team and develop project organizational chart within the limitations of the budget;
- Develop and/or adjust ToRs outlining staff roles and responsibilities in line with ACTED standards;
- Submit recruitment plan for the project to HR Department;
- Participate in the recruitment of technical project staff;
- Ensure that project staff understand and are able to perform their roles and responsibilities;
- Follow-up the work plans and day-to-day activities of the project staff;
- Ensure a positive working environment and good team dynamics;
- Manage interpersonal conflicts;
- Ensure capacity building among staff in relevant sectors.
- Participate in the procurement planning processes, and follow procurements closely in collaboration with logistics;
- Check the quality of the required goods/supplies at the contracting stage as well as at reception point and contribute to procurements committees to finalize suppliers’ selection according to applicable scenario;
- Ensure that the project team has adequate assets necessary for performing its duties.
- Participate in the review of the BFU, and forecast initial and regular costs and cross-check expenditures for projects activities;
- Participate in new budget development processes through the provision of expert programmatic advice related to contextual knowledge.
- Quality Control
- Plan and organize internal qualitative assurance checks by the project team;
- Assess the activities undertaken and ensure efficient use of resources;
- Undertake regular field visits to provide technical guidance and supervision as well as regularly monitor the progress of project activities;
- Discuss, plan and deliver appropriate corrective actions, including based on AME findings and recommendations;
- Collect and apply appropriate lessons learnt and best practices to current projects, and ensure these lessons learnt are pro-actively shared with supervisor, the AMEU and other team members to apply them in future project development processes.
- Grant Management
- Report regularly on project activities, challenges and indicators through monthly submissions of the PMF and PM report;
- Contribute to drafting of (external) project progress reports, ensuring the quality and accuracy of technical information provided;
- Participate in communication activities through the regular collection of pictures and stories related to project activities;
- Participate in new proposal development processes through the provision of expert programmatic advice related to contextual knowledge;
- Where relevant, liaise with donors and work closely with partners on project updates, site visits and other communication, in coordination with the Project Development Unit.
- Protection Mainstreaming
- Promoting of and adhering to Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse policy and guidelines (for site residents, ACTED staff, partner agencies, casual labors).
- Offer technical support and inputs to other projects in similar sectors (e.g. BOQ design);
- Any other tasks as assigned by the Line Manager.
- Masters Degree in social sciences, engineering, humanities, urban planning or any related field.
- Familiarity with the aid system, and ability to understand donor and governmental requirement;
- At least 5 years of relevant INGO work experience in CCCM and IDP response
- Extensive knowledge of the Somalian displacement context
- Ability to coordinate and manage staff and project activities;
- Proven ability to work creatively and independently both in the field and in the office;
- Ability to write clear and well-argued assessment and project reports.
- Ability to organize and plan effectively;
- Ability to work with culturally diverse groups of people;
- Ability to travel and work in difficult conditions and under pressure;
- Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office programs and attention to details.
- Good communication skill, highly committed, dependable, strong ability to work independently and take initiatives, good interpersonal skill.
- Must possess excellent English Skills
Qualified national persons with the required skills are invited to submit their applications accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae and cover letter as a single document i.e. with the cover letter being on the first page and the CV starting on the second page, detailing three work related referees and contacts to firstname.lastname@example.org and received on or before 5.00PM on 8TH December, 2021 with the subject line “CCCM COORDINATOR_HARGEISA”
Please do not attach any other documents while sending your applications, if required they will be requested at a later stage.
Please note that only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ACTED will at no stage of recruitment process request candidate to make payments of any kind. Further, ACTED has not retained any agent in connection with recruitments.
ACTED is committed to protecting beneficiaries within our programmes from exploitation and abuse and any kind of misconduct. ACTED has specific policies, including PSEA and Child Protection, which outlines the expected behaviour and the responsibility of all staff, beneficiaries, consultants and other stakeholders and has zero tolerance towards misconducts. Any candidate offered a job with ACTED will be expected to sign ACTED’s organizational Policies and Code of Conduct as an annex to their contract of employment and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of these documents.
ACTED is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
——- NAGUSOO BIIR — SOMALI JOBS————-
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somalijobs
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1472 total views, 2 today