Chief Technical Officer (CTO) – Hargeisa, Somaliland
- Job category: Technical Affairs
- Post date:21 Sep 2021
- Job expires in: 7 days
- Share job:
CHIEF TECHNICAL OFFICER (CTO).
FOR SOMPOWER COMPANY.
Sompower was found in 2016 by the merger of 39 local utility firms. It is one of the largest utility companies in Somaliland. Sompower is a private electric utility company based in Hargeisa, Somaliland. It specializes generating, transmitting and distributing of the electric power.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Oversees engineering department – creating structure and goals for the team.
- Creates a technical vision for the company and plans for implementation of new technical projects.
- Gives advice, guidance, direction, and authorization to carry out major plans and procedures.
- Detailed study of the existing network.
- Proposition of the most updated network design according to international standards.
- Proper design of the grid to ensure reduction of technical losses.
- Implementation of distribution and transmission network.
- Successful and smooth migration from the existing distribution network to a smart grid.
- Implementation and successful completion of distribution and transmission projects.
- Create a strategy where there is a continuous upgrade and maintenance of LV, MV and HT lines.
- Ensure the generation is at optimum production and properly looked after.
- Ensure all assets and equipment is registered and coded.
- Put safety guidelines in place for all operations related to lines, poles, and other equipment.
- Addressing health and safety in the work place and during the project implementation works to ensure that no loss of life or material is made to the company, its staff, its customers, or their assets and the public at large.
- Ensuring that there are mandatory safety guidelines for all the technical staff to follow.
- Putting technical network strategies in place for the technical department to achieve the required goals of the company.
- Training and stream lining the existing technical staff and helping them to work toward the technical guidelines of the company.
- Creates effective continuing education and mentoring programs to develop visionary employees to enable each to perform to their highest contribution level for the company
- Creates technical budgets, allocates resources, and determines schedule of project deadlines.
- Plans and directs all investigations and negotiations pertaining to technical aspects of mergers, joint ventures, acquisition of businesses, or sales of major assets, with at the direction of the CEO / Executive Board Committee.
- Identify and procure resources at reasonable cost
- Establishes and maintains an effective system of communications throughout the department.
- To report to the CEO and take full control of the Technical Division.
- To lead on the growth strategy for the Technical Division.
- To lead, train and motivate technical staff to achieve dedicated technical work force.
- To provide innovative solutions to customers’ business challenges making Sompower their trusted partner.
Knowledge & Experience:
Prospective candidates should be educated to degree level in an electro mechanical engineering discipline and be able to provide evidence of being / having:
- An experienced technical professional with at least 10 years of experience and a demonstrable track record of successfully managing technical departments in electricity companies of a similar nature.
- A good knowledge of generation, distribution, transmission engineering including HT, MV and LV plus accessories, transformers, switch gears, etc.
- A good knowledge of solar systems
- A self-starter with a passion for the renewable energy industry, desire for success and the willingness to challenge the status quo in order to maximise assets’ rate of investment (RoI) safely following best practise guidelines.
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to develop long-term relationships with all stakeholder groups.
- Professionalism, the ability to understand Sompower expectations on technical matters and deliver high quality service
- The ability to work with minimum supervision during office and field work.
- Robust and resilient character with the ability to operate optimally within a fast-paced, technical department.
For more information please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
——- NAGUSOO BIIR — SOMALI JOBS————-
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somalijobs
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
2672 total views, 18 today