Child Protection Assistant – Hargeisa
- Job category: Protection Affairs
- Post date:3 Feb 2020
- Job expires in: Endless
- Share job:
|JOB TITLE:Child Protection Assistant|
|TEAM/PROGRAMME Child protection/Child rights governance||GRADE: 5|
|LOCATION: Hargeisa||POST TYPE: National (6 Months)|
Level 3: The responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with or access to children or young people.
TheChild Protection Assistant (CP Assistant) is a member of the Child Protection team. The Child Protection Assistant is responsible for implementing CP Program activities.
The Child Protection Project Assistant will work closely with Save the Children’s staff, community members and children’s groups, to identify children in need of protection and to respond to their needs as appropriate
|SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Child Protection Officer
Country Dimensions: Save the Children works in 4 regions in Somalia/Land with a current staff complement of approximately 350 staff.
Staff directly reporting to this post: Community Caseworkers & Facilitators
|KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
The CP Project Assistant will:
|COMPETENCIES AND BEHAVIOURS
· Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
· Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
· Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves (and their team), takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same
· Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
· Future orientated, thinks strategically
· Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners and supporters
· Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
· Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
· Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
· Willing to take disciplined risks
· Honest, encourages openness and transparency
· Always acts in the best interests of children
|QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
· University degree in sociology, social sciences, public administration, community development, arts, social administration.
· Minimum of 2 years relevant work experience in child protection case management, child protection programmes or related field in similar organizations or the community.
· Proven ability to work as part of a team
· Strong understanding of the situation of children in the community and demonstrated commitment to improving the lives of children in the community.
· Proven technical knowledge and skills in the field of Child Protection.
· Ability to identify the main gaps in child protection in the given context to inform a holistic response for children.
· Experience working with children and community mobilization
· Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact, and diplomacy.
· Experience in training and capacity building and willingness to dedicate time and patience to partner development.
· Experience in working through consultative and participatory processes and ability to balance multiple competing interests to work towards a common goal.
· Ability to supervise and mentor staff to achieve results.
· A good level of written and spoken English and native in Somali.
· Good computer skills.
|CHILD SAFEGUARDING POLICY:
Any employee, consultant, contractor or the supplier undertaking an activity on behalf of SCI must sign the Child Safeguarding – Declaration of Acceptance Form] and comply with the SCI’s Child Safeguarding Policy which is a statement of SCI’s commitment to preventing abuse and protecting children with whom it comes into contact.
This extends not only to children with whom SCI and its partners work directly, but also includes children whom staff are responsible for. SCI believes that the situation of children must be improved through the promotion of their rights supported and demonstrated by all members of staff. Save the Children International’s Code of Conduct sets out the standards which all staff members must adhere to.
|CODE OF CONDUCT
Because Save the Children’s work is based on deeply held values and principles, it is essential that our commitment to children’s rights and humanitarian principles is supported and demonstrated by all members of staff. Save the Children’s Code of Conduct sets out the standards which all staff members must adhere to.
Interested candidates are required to apply through the below link:
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer. Women are strongly encouraged to apply
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
3139 total views, 98 today