Child Protection Case Workers (4 positions) – Balcad and Jowhar Somalia
- Job category: Protection Affairs
- Post date:15 Oct 2020
- Share job:
SOS Children’s Villages International is the umbrella organization to which all SOS Children’s Villages including SOS Children’s Villages Somalia Association is affiliated. SOS Children’s Villages Somalia has officially been working in Somalia since 1985. SOS is currently working in 134 countries worldwide. We are committed to the welfare of children – often throughout the whole of their childhood, and to strengthening families and communities as a preventive measure in the fight against abandonment and social neglect. We also run education and health facilities. With the SOS Children’s Village concept, the organization pioneered a family approach to the long-term care of orphaned and abandoned children. SOS Children’s Villages upholds child protection policy and our selection processes reflect our commitment to the protection of children and youth from abuse.
SOS Children’s Villages invites applications from suitably qualified and interested candidates who fulfill the eligibility criterion for the position below;
Position : Child Protection Case Workers (4 positions)
Location : Balcad and Jowhar Somalia
Reports to : Child Protection Officer
Contract Duration : 6 Months (Temporary Contract)
The CP case worker will be responsible for providing social services ensuring in line with key child protection principles including best interests of the child, confidentiality, do no harm and child participation. The case workers will work closely with the community based Child protection structures to identify unaccompanied and separated children and children with protection needs and concerns including those involved in worst forms of child labor, and at-risk children, at high risk of harm providing case management services
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Work with communities and specifically the child protection committees to Identify cases of Children in need of protection support and report to SOS Children’s villages.
- Provide case management services support to identified children in line with Child Protection Case Management Guidelines.
- Work closely with community leaders and Inform the community of SOS CV intervention, as well as other child protection services available, including child friendly spaces.
- Work with child protection officer to identify common themes on child protection that need awareness raising in the community.
- Conduct outreach to assess and provide support to the child during house visits, consistently conduct outreach and follow up.
- Liaise with children and families to ensure that vulnerable cases are resolved in a swift and appropriate manner using appropriate child protection protocols.
- Provide information and advice on existing social services and how to access them.
- Work as a member of a team ensuring fluid communication of relevant information in order to make sure that a proper management of the case is preserved.
- Facilitate child protection committees and parent support groups meetings in the targeted villages.
- Identify alternative care arrangements for the separated and unaccompanied minors in the targeted villages.
- Work in close collaboration with the child protection actors and community members to strengthen the referral system and community based support system.
- Work with case management team to support/undertake referral of children to other services.
- Facilitate, collect and report information regarding the overall situation of child protection risks, with particular attention on vulnerable/at-risk children.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- University Diploma, preferably in Social Sciences, Human Rights, Psychology, Public/Community Health, International Law or related field from a recognized institution of higher learning
- Experience working with children in child protection/social work including knowledge of para-social skills.
- Experience working with International NGO’s, UN agencies and/or local authorities in complex emergencies
- Good understanding and experience of working in Middle Shabele especially Balcad and Jowhar is a definite advantage.
- Verbal fluency in English and Somali.
- Commitment to child protection and respect of the best interest of the child
- Understanding of protection concerns for children and knowledge of community mobilisation techniques.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ethical sensitivity and ability to empathise with children and their carers
- Good communication skills with fluency in written and spoken in English Language ,
- Strong motivation and willingness to work with children for their wellbeing
- Basic familiarity with MS application packages (Word, Excel and database software) and willingness to develop further.
- Ability to work under pressure and willingness to work flexible hours when necessary.
- Commitment to and understanding of SOS Children’s villages aims, values and principles.
Child Safeguarding Policy:
SOS Children’s Villages organization is committed to safeguarding the rights of the children and therefore, is expected that every individual who joins with SOS Children’s Villages Somalia understand his/her responsibility in protecting and keeping children always safe
Interested applicants should send their applications with a CV and scanned copies of your academic and professional certificates indicating telephone numbers and three referees to: this email email@example.com Indicating with subject line of the position.
Closing date: 23rd October 2020.
Competent Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
3682 total views, 14 today