Child Protection Coordinator – Baidoa, Somalia
- Job category: Protection Affairs
- Post date:25 Apr 2021
- Share job:
Child Protection Coordinator
|Organization||Gargaar Relief and Development Organization (GREDO)|
|Position Title||Child Protection Coordinator|
|Commitment to Diversity||GREDO is an equal opportunities employer.|
GREDO is an indigenous local NGO. Non-profit non-partial, non- political and voluntary organization based in Baidoa. To reach the most affected grass-root communities in Bay and Bakool regions and lower Shebelle effectively and efficiently, the necessity of local partnership in relief program appeared. Responding to the partnership need, a group of Somali intellectuals and well-wishers initiated in December 1992 a local non-governmental organization called Gargaar Relief and Development Organization (GREDO) the organization has implemented during these period different projects including relief and emergency programs and later improved into rehabilitation and developmental programs.
The responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with or access to children or young people.
The Child Protection Coordinator will be part of GREDO team based in Baidoa and will be working with the GREDO Program Director to plan, manage, oversee and monitor the implementation of a child protection programs in GREDO operation areas in SWS Somalia.
In this role, the Child Protection Coordinator will support the grant management of projects, programme planning, procurement and the oversight of programme implementation. In addition he/she will act as master trainer for the GREDO’s field team on topics identified during capacity assessments and in line with programme design and will work to disseminate capacity building to the partner field staff, The Child Protection Coordinator will actively monitor programme activities remotely ensuring quality of GREDO’s programme and will lead the engagement of communities in Child Protection programme designs.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: GREDO Program Director
Staff reporting to this post: Officer and Caseworkers
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Support the development of capacity building plans for Child Protection partners.
- Act as a master trainer for Child Protection partners, in line with capacity building plans
- Provide regular coaching on and programme management skills to the Child Protection field personnel
Needs Analysis and Program Design
- Support design and organization required for assessments, baselines and evaluations, particularly in regards to communicating needs to the child Protection partners team, and participate where possible
- Foster an understanding of the context – political, cultural etc and community expectations, within the Child Protection and programmes team in South West State of Somalia– and contribute to the development of contextually appropriate programme design
- Contribute to country level contingency plans and support the integration of contingency planning for child protection in all program planning and proposal design, where possible
- Work with the Program Director to oversee implementation of Child Protection project activities ensuring that services are delivered on time, on budget and in compliance with donor regulations.
- Ensure that Child Protection partner field staff understand the requirements for implementation
- Work with the Program Director to ensure Child Protection program is implemented in ways responsive to communities, partners and children in line with GREDO’s principles, values and strategic plan and compliant with GREDO’s procedures.
- Work with the Program Director to develop detailed implementation plans including procurement and distribution schedules of programme inputs in line with programme logistics/supply chain capacity
- In coordination with the Program Director, work with the Child Protection field team staff to develop work-plans and follow up with team members regularly to ensure that activities are on track
- With the Program Director, monitor program progress against both programmatic and budgetary targets, making adjustments to programme design as necessary
- As requested by the Program Director, prepare timely and high quality programme and donor reports on project activities in compliance with internal GREDO requirements and any relevant external donor requirements.
- Work with the Partnership team and Program Director to identify appropriate partners for implementation of the child protection response
- Support in Reviewing partner narrative and financial reporting as well as MEAL data.
- Undertaking ongoing capacity assessments of partner, reporting areas for development to Child Protection program manager.
Monitoring, Evaluation and Accountability and Quality
- Actively monitor Child Protection programme activities at field level, ensuring quality of GREDO’s programme and flagging concerns to the Child protection Program Director
- Input into the development of M&E and indicator tracking plans for all grants, and the development of additional M&E tools as necessary to monitor project progress (led by TA with support of MEAL)
- Work with Program Director to ensure appropriate, timely and accurate data collection against agreed indicators to enable both internal and external reporting
- Work with MEAL team to identify and incorporate project suitable accountability mechanisms
- Lead discussions with communities and beneficiaries on programme design and project review, as agreed with Advisor, Field Manager and Program Director.
Coordination and advocacy
- Represent GREDO at cluster/coordination/working Group meetings (Protection, child protection, mental health) and other meetings and forums.
- Ensure that programme interventions continue to be informed by and integrated with other core sectors of GREDO, such as education, health & nutrition, shelter and food security & livelihoods
- Continuously identify and document child protection issues in South West State of Somalia specifically, and ensure that relevant stakeholder and duty bearers are informed
- Contribute to the development of case studies for the purpose of reporting, advocacy and media efforts.
- Comply with GREDO policies and practice with respect to child protection, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures.
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (GREDO Values in Practice)
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling GREDO values
- Holds partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and takes responsibility for their own personal development
- Future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to; builds and maintains effective relationships with colleagues, members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity and different people’s perspectives, able to work cross-culturally.
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Cuts away bureaucracy and encourages an entrepreneurial approach
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency, builds trust and confidence
- Displays consistent excellent judgement
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND ATTRIBUTES:
- At least 3 to 5 years of working experience in Child Protection in emergency, fragile state or development programmes
- Relevant university degree (preferably MA) in social work, social sciences, development or other relevant field (relevant and significant work experience will also be considered)
- Excellent knowledge and skills in child rights, child protection, child/youth/community resilience, psychosocial support, community/youth development and mobilization, especially in an emergency context
- Experience working with at-risk children and families,
- Experience of remote managing programmes in complex settings
- Proven capacity to coordinate, and coach staff in Child Protection skills and programme management
- Experience of, and commitment to, working through systems of community participation and accountability
- Familiar of designing and managing major donor projects and understanding of donor compliance.
- Proven experience as a trainer and in developing structured and comprehensive curricula and training manuals.
- Ability to analyses information, evaluate options and to think and plan strategically
- Ability to write clear and well-argued assessment and project reports
- A team player who is able to work collaboratively and with people of diverse backgrounds
- Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy
- A high level of written and spoken English.
- Commitment to and understanding of GREDO’s aims, values and principles including rights-based approaches
Core Values and Critical Competencies
- o Respect Integrity Transparency & Accountability
- o Voluntarism Sustainability Management performance for success.
- o Commitment Excellence Diversity
- o Initiating Action Facilitating Change Team mobilizing
- o Stress Tolerance Collaboration Coaching and Mentoring
- o Adaptability Negotiation Conflict management
NB: All applicants should drop a letter of application with updated CV (including 3 Professional referees) to email@example.com and indicate the position applied for in the subject. The deadline for application is Tuesday 04/05/2021
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- GREDO is an equal opportunities employer
——- FOLLOW US — SOMALI JOBS————-
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somalijobs
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1421 total views, 7 today