External Vacancy Advertisement
Position – Child Protection Program Coordinator
The Child Protection Programme Coordinator is responsible for the operational management, which includes results based monitoring, evaluation and quality assurance, of child protection programmes under supervision. Working closely with the Field Operation Manager and Sr. Program Manager, the Child Protection Program Coordinator is responsible for the overall coordination and management of programme implementation, assessments, monitoring and reporting of all project activities in Metema. She/he will lead and coordinate project team to ensure that program activities are implemented timely to the highest quality standard. The Programme Coordinator will provide progress updates on monthly, quarterly and annual basis. She/he is accountable for budget management.
The program coordinator will work on development of monitoring plan with MEAL department, PDQ team and partners and assess progress on quarterly basis. He/she will also be responsible for conducting quarterly project quality assessment as per the project quality bench mark together with the MEAL team. He/she will provide project progress reports as per the donor requirement as well as whenever needed by the hub, country office or the donor, to keep the donor informed on implementation progress. She/he will also have supervisory role in the project management. The program coordinator is expected to closely work with governmental and non governmental organization operating in Metema region. He/she will be responsible for representing the project, sharing regural updates and coordinating joint activities in Metema woreda.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate and supervise all activities, resources and assets for project under supervision
- Supports project team and government partners to ensure feasible detailed implementation plan is developed and implemented
- Identify critical issues in the implementation of projects and take the necessary actions to address problems and constraints
- Facilitate and ensure the involvement of children as primary stakeholders in all project work
- Ensures that appropriate technical back up is given to projects towards smooth implementation of project
- Prepare periodic reports on the implementation of project activities as per the requirements of SCI and specific project donors
- Ensure that strategies for phasing out are taken care of during implementation
- Conducts quarterly quality monitoring together with the MEAL team
- Provide feedback and share lessons learned from project implementations
- Serve as the sub-budget holder for the project under responsibility
- Manage budgets, including phasing of budgets as per work plans, monthly review of spend reports, identification of errors and required re-classes
- Ensure effective and efficient utilization of project budget and other resources for intended purpose; follow up on budget utilization and project expenditure as needed
Monitoring, evaluation and quality assurance
- Working closely with MEAL Unit and MEAL Officer, design results based monitoring and evaluation process for projects under supervision
- Monitor and systematically document project results; ensure proper documentation of experiences and lessons learned from projects under supervision
- Assist and facilitate regularly scheduled reviews of projects with project team, government partners and stakeholders
- Ensure a quarterly review is conducted to monitor progress and where appropriate take corrective measures.
- Plan and facilitate regularly scheduled reviews of projects with partners and stakeholders
- Facilitate baseline, mid-term and terminal evaluation of projects through participatory process
- Conducts quarterly project quality assessment in line with project quality benchmark Stakeholders’ and Partners’ management
- Closely work with stakeholder/partner organizations in the course of project planning and implementation
- Liaises with and creates conducive working relationship between SCI and stakeholders in targeted area
- Conduct regular monitoring visits, support stakeholders at the project sites and prepare reports for documentation and follow-up actions
- Closely work with stakeholders in the preparation of periodic and project completion reports
- Participate in relevant Save the Children’s sub-national meetings/forums on areas related to the project, as required.
- Build and maintain relationships with key external stakeholders including relevant Government Line Ministries and departments, local donor’s office, and other INGOs.
• Comply with Save the Children policies and practice with respect to child protection, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
- Bachelor degree in an area of sociology, social work, social development or equivalent
- Recommended a minimum of five years’ experience in a corporate or NGO environment, preferably with n community based child protection programme management experience
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Strong results orientation, with the ability to challenge existing mindsets
- Experience of working successfully with senior managers in other parts of own organization or partner organizations to deliver major change
- Experience of successfully implementing changes to processes to improve and monitor quality standards and impact achieved
- Experience of managing and shaping programmes to deliver greater efficiency and effectiveness, and of strengthening implementation of financial control processes
- Solid budgeting skills and knowledge of key donor regulations
- Experience of solving complex issues through analysis, definition of a clear way forward and ensuring buy in
- Ability to present complex information in a succinct and compelling manner
- Ability and willingness to dramatically change work practices and hours, and work with incoming surge teams, in the event of emergencies
- Good experience in planning, coordinating and implementing work activities
- Good knowledge and experience in Project Cycle Management
- Very good skill in report writing
- Fluency in Amharic language required
- Fluency in English, both verbal and written, required
- Commitment to Save the Children values We offer a competitive package in the context of the sector. The duty station of the position holder will be in Gendewuha/Metema. This role is offered on the basis of national terms and conditions only.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
• No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
• All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
• Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Application Information:Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at http://www.savethechildren.net/careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants who meet the MINIMUM requirements should apply using the below link: https://stcuk.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobsearch.ftl