Class Training: Kobo Toolbox Questionnaire Coding in XLS form- In Mogadishu, Somalia
- Job category: Education
- Post date:3 Oct 2021
- Share job:
See the Difference!!
Somali Skills Training and Research Institute
Kobo Toolbox Questionnaire Coding in XLS form- In Mogadishu, Somalia.
|What we do?|
|We provide tailor-made skills development programs that are associated with our client’s specific needs that conform with the context and global training Standards|
|Our Vision Statement|
To be an excellent training institute for research and professional development in the Horn of Africa.
Enhancing a sustainable society through provision of professional skills to discover their core strengths in achieving their career goals
WHO WE ARE?
(SoSTaRI) is a private institute based in Mogadishu, Somalia. SoSTaRI specializes in supporting the community to enhance professional and technical skills through provision of tailor-made short courses, training and capacity building programs for university graduates, NGO staff, educators, students, business people, community leaders and many others in need for such services. The institute was founded in 2019 in Mogadishu Somalia, since its foundation, SoSTaRI has been committed to providing the needs-based training interventions to its customers. We are motivated by our team’s desire for education, training, development and our strong assurance to quality services.
We aim these by ensuring the following unique features;
- Our courses are tailored to clients’ needs
- Our courses structure is flexible and designed to match clients’ available time and budget
- SoSTaRI produces its own materials and as-needed basis can source reliable materials based on our customer’s need
- We are able to provide remote- and face-face training for our customers
- Our driven principles
- Relevant training programs to our customers guided by appropriate training materials, professional training facilitation by our trainers and experts through innovative ways of delivering quality training programs to our customers.
- Effective Training Methods, our training interventions are experiential, outcomes-based, participative and practical.
- Our social responsibility
- SoSTaRI believes tailor-made programs that focus on addressing the specific needs of the community will contribute to the social and economic development of the environment in which they operate. in doing so, will build a better and sustainable way of life for weaker segments of the society.
The main objectives of the training include but not limited to the following;
- Gain skills to independently develop simple and advanced XLS kobo coding for your projects
- Develop forms using Kobo XLS form integrating skip logic, validation logic, calculated fields, translations and cascading selects
- To deploy the forms on Android devices including tweaking settings and options on your fleet of mobile devices used to collect survey data
- How to manage data uploaded to Kobo Toolbox by viewing, editing, accepting, downloading it.
- How to develop advanced forms using XLSFORM
- Other advanced form builder/xlsform features (e.g. advanced calculations, controlling repeat groups, using regex etc.)
The facilitators of the training have around 10 years’ experience in research cycle, monitoring and evaluation, data analysis and visualizations on different projects as they were part of the humanitarian field for quite number of years in different capacities.
Primary participants for course
The main target group for this one-week course are individuals who have experience in M&E, data collection, research design and those looking to have new experience in data collection, Research and M&E field. The course will also support under graduate and post graduate candidates who will be required to prepare the final thesis course and in need of digital primary data collection with Kobo tool box.
This will be a 5 day in person training with 2hrs each day, the training will constitute 70% practical session and 30% theory presentation on various techniques and modalities required on KOBO tool.
The course registration deadline is on 23rd October,2021 through filling the online registration form available in the link below and training dates are 26th – 30th October,2021.
Upon complete completion of the course, the training participants will be awarded with certificate of completion capturing the core training contents.
Module one: Basic Form Development using XLS Forms
- Pre-training evaluation test for the participants
- Getting started with kobo tool box
- Structuring question types in KOBO XSL form like single and multiple questions, text, decimal, date and time, geo point, Photo, file, note, ranking and rating.
- Cascading select
- Addition translations
- Multiple language support
- Form setting and meta data
- Dealing with others specify
- Validation logic using XLS
- Skip logic introduction, multiple criteria, skipping multiple questions
- Creating URL for your project
Module Two: collecting and uploading data
- Form deployment
- Configuring mobile devices for data collection
- Data entry and uploading
- Form management options in Kobo collect
- User access controls in kobo collect
Module Three: Managing Data in Kobo toolbox
- Downloading data from server
- Using the map tool
- Managing projects in Kobo toolbox
- Data entry summary
- Viewing, accepting, editing and deleting data
- Using the kobo gallery
Module Four: Advance form development using XLS forms
- Introduction and overview of Kobo XLS form structure
- Resources for learning XLS forms
- Setting up your Excel file
- Note, text and integer
- Grouping questions
- Application of constraint, Hints, required, appearances, default, begin and repeat groups
Module Five: Conclusions and Summary
- Questions and answers
- Sample practical test of the course work
- Resources sharing
- Post training evaluation test for participants
- Training evaluation feedback from participants for future improvements
- Awarding completion certificate to the participants who have fully attended and completed the course work
- The course fee is 50 dollars that overs all training related cost.
- Payment modes, please send through EVC plus to +252-611691811 before course deadline date:
- A group of at least 4 persons will be given a discount of 10 dollars per person and same discount will be provided to individuals who register before (10th Oct).
- Duration and deadlines: The course registration deadline is on 23rd October,2021 through filling the online registration form available in the link below and training dates are 26th – 30th October,2021
Course Application process
Please register through this link
In case you need more on course details, please do not hesitate to contact us through the following means:
- Call: +252-611691811
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
——- NAGUSOO BIIR — SOMALI JOBS————-
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somalijobs
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1328 total views, 4 today