Cleaner – Burao, Somaliland
- Job category: Cook/Cleaner
- Post date:15 Jul 2021
- Job expires in: 1 day
- Share job:
For over 90 years, Save the Children has been making a difference in children’s lives in more than 120 countries. We are the world’s largest independent child rights organization. From emergency relief to long-term development, Save the Children secures a child’s right to health, education and protection. Save the Children is an equal opportunity organization dedicated to our core values of Accountability, Ambition, Collaboration, Creativity and Integrity. We are looking to recruit for this position to be based in Burao
Duration: 7 Months. (Temporary)
Duty Station: Burao
Please refer the below Job Description for the position description and the key selection criteria.
Interested candidates are required to submit a CV and mandatory cover letter quoting the Job Title on the subject line. The file name of the CV and attachments must be the applicants name and sent
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Applications close on Thursday 29th of July 2021 @ 11:59pm.
We work with children, communities and governments all over the world and we believe in the right person for the job regardless of where you come from and how you identify yourself. We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to ensuring that only those who are suitable to work with children are considered for these posts. All successful applicants will therefore be required.
|Cleaner – Somaliland Office|
|TEAM/PROGRAMME: Support team, Somaliland||LOCATION: Burao|
|GRADE: 7||POST TYPE: National|
Level 3 – the responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with or access to children or young people
Under the guidance and supervision of the Admin Assistant, the officer Cleaner will be generally responsible for cleaning the office and the compound regularly. She is also responsible for preparation and provision of refreshments such as tea and coffee.
|SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Admin /HR Assistant– Burao
Dimensions: Save the Children works in 4 regions in Somalia with a current staff complement of approximately 450 staff and current expenditure of approximately GBP 30 million each year.
Staff directly reporting to this post: None
Internal: All staff of SC Somaliland staff, country staff, consultants and visitors.
External: service providers, local authorities, and partners
|KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
• Cleans the rooms including the floors, windows, tables, furniture, toilet rooms, etc and remove the dust of all desk top computers, photocopier and other office equipment;
• Ensures that the office facilities are well protected;
• Ensures that the lamps in all the rooms are switched off out of office hours;
• Locks the office rooms and the kitchen during out of office hours;
• Ensures the availability of sanitation materials, coffee and sugar in the store;
• Reports any missing or damaged items
• Assist the Admin Assistant Officer in filing documents and circulation, photocopying and managing the store and the resource centre;
• Assists the Admin Officer in maintaining store records
• Cover essential duties of other cleaner (s) as required.
• Manage the reception function – receiving SC guests and directing them to the relevant office.
• Manage the switchboard and attend to incoming and outgoing telephone calls, directing calls as required
• Ensure that the reception areas is maintained in a clean and tidy state at all times
• Make hot drinks and water available to the staff and SC guest
|SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)
§ Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
§ Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
· Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves (and their team), takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same
· Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
· Future orientated, thinks strategically
· Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners and supporters
· Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
· Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
· Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
· Willing to take disciplined risks
· Honest, encourages openness and transparency
|QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
· At least three years of experience as cleaner in a medium sized/large office
|CHILD SAFEGUARING POLICY:
We work with children, communities and governments all over the world and we believe in the right person for the job regardless of where you come from and how you identify yourself. We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to ensuring that only those who are suitable to work with children are considered for these posts. All successful applicants will therefore be required to complete a Police Check and must sign onto our Child Protection Policy and organizational Code of Conduct.
CODE OF CONDUCT
Because Save the Children’s work is based on deeply held values and principles, it is essential that our commitment to children’s rights and humanitarian principles is supported and demonstrated by all Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer.
Interested and qualified applicants can view the profile and apply for this position through the below URLs:-
Closing Date will be Thursday 29th July 2021 @ 11:59pm.
——- NAGUSOO BIIR — SOMALI JOBS————-
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somalijobs
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1263 total views, 5 today