CMAM Nurse – Somali Regional State, Bare, Godgod
- Job category: Health/WASH
- Post date:14 Oct 2020
- Share job:
Post Title: CMAM Nurse
Duty Station: Somali Regional State, Bare, Godgod
Reports to: Senior Health and Nutrition Project Officer
Salary: As per the organization scale
Duration: Six Months
Islamic Relief is an international relief and development charity founded in 1984 with its headquarters in Birmingham, UK. As well as responding to disasters and emergencies, Islamic Relief promotes sustainable economic and social development by working with local communities – regardless of race, religion or gender. The office officially started its operation in Ethiopia in 2004. Islamic Relief Ethiopia (IRE) is operational in the Somali Regional State with a base office in Hargelle, Elkere, Bare and Dekasuftu, Afar Regional State; Ewa and Gulina, Oromia Regional State; Chiro and Meayso and an additional operational office in Addis Ababa. For more information please visit our website: http://www.islamic-relief.org/work-with-us.
Position is responsible for better nutrition among communities through treatment of severe acute malnutrition and prevention of further deterioration of the nutrition situation through provision of therapeutic food, routine drugs, health and nutrition education and capacity building and technical support to the Woreda Health Office in the management of severe acute malnutrition.
Task & Responsibilities
Objective 1: Ensure effective OTP/SC Program implementation
· Prepare plan of action for effective OTP/SC/TSFP implementation in consultation with the Nutrition Project Officer
· Provide supportive supervision to the Health Workers (HWs) and Health Extension Workers (HEWs)/(FDAs) at the OTP/SC/TSFP sites
o Work closely with the HWs/FDAs and HEWs to ensure all children are measured correctly
o Ensure all criteria are respected and understood by the HWs and HEWs, including admission, discharge and transfer to and from the SFP/OTP.
o Ensure comprehensive health checks and treatment according to the protocols
o Review the forms completed by the HWs and HEWs to ensure completion, accuracy and coherence
o Ensure HWs/HEWs/FDAs follow and respect the national protocols
· Ensure adequate availability of all medical and food supplies and ensure stock is pre-positioned
· Work closely with SFP/OTP/SC staffs to ensure all aspects of the programme are understood and agreed and appropriate referrals take place to and from the OTP/SFP.
· Follow-up and provide feedback to the Nutrition Project Officer on the amount and quality of the treatment supplies if it does not comply with specified quality standards.
· Report on progress and any problems in a timely manner
· Ensure cases not meeting admission criteria return home as early as possible and care takers understand why their child is not admitted
· Through liaison with the HWs/FDAs and HEWs, provide effective follow up of all cases: particularly tracing of children who are absent from the programme, sick children, long stay children, children not gaining weight, and children with social problems etc.
· Provide On-the-Job training to HWs and HWs on the provision of key health and education messages to beneficiaries based the acceptable protocol and guidelines
· Respond to HWs/HEWs/FDAs inquiries regarding the technical aspects of the program admission and discharge whenever necessary at the TFP sites.
· Providing Woreda Health Office staffs with technical support in convening meetings and answering questions on topics relevant to the project as necessary.
· Assist HWs/HEWs to compile the statistical data
· Establish good relationship with the local authorities and community leaders
· Establish link and meetings with the community leaders and different group existing in the working area.
· Perform any other duties requested by the immediate supervisor
- This job description is not intended to be all inclusive and the employee will also perform other related tasks as required and responsible for reporting and communication of progress and achievement of the specific assigned task
- Inform the Nutrition Project Officer of any professional problems encountered
- Conduct all duties in a professional manner following Islamic Relief staff regulations and charter
- Be flexible and adaptable with regards to the implementation of the daily work
Qualification and Skills Required
- Ability and willingness to frequently travel to villages and stay at the field
- Willingness and capacity to be flexible and accommodating when faced with difficult and frustrating working conditions like long distance walking to distribution sites
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience in closely working with Woreda Health Office and at health post level is advantageous
- Previous experience working for NGOs an asset
- Ability to prepare program reports
- Qualified Nurse in Degree and Diploma with at least two years and four years of professional experience of emergency nutrition work (preferably CMAM) respectively.
- Excellent spoken and written English languages; and local language (Somali) is Mandatory
- Ability to work in a Windows based computer environment
How to Apply
- Interested candidates are required to submit a complete Job application form with all required supporting documents (copy of credentials and testimonials) through Ethiopia.HR@islamic-relief.org.et.
- You can access the application form with this link: http://www.islamic-relief.org.et/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/Employment-Application-form-1.docx. Failure to follow the instructions will invalidate your application.
- Closing date for the application is October 19, 2020.
- Due to the high volume of application, we regret that we will be able to contact only the shortlisted candidates.
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
542 total views, 1 today