Communication and Community Officer – Hargeisa, Somaliland
- Job category: Community Affairs
- Post date:9 Mar 2020
- Share job:
|Position:||Communication and Community Officer|
|Closing Date||March 25, 2019|
Hargeisa Hub (HarHub) a social enterprise and one of the first innovation hubs, co-working space, and tech-loaded event and meeting spaces in Hargeisa. Founded in 2018 and a spin-off Shaqodoon, HarHub has positioned itself as a home for where entrepreneurial spirit, creativity, drive, and passion come to alive. It is a collaborative work environment where entrepreneurs, freelancers, artists, graphic designers, writers, product designers and developers, marketing minds, tech and non-tech startups, and filmmakers can feel comfortable working on their own projects, while having the possibility of sharing, engaging and in essence, creating together with others. More than a workspace with memberships suited to all needs, meeting facilities, a quickly filling agenda of events, accelerators programs and co-creation projects, and a very flexible mentality.
Harhub is looking for a qualified and experienced ‘Communication and Community Officer’ to help build and engage Harhub community.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Establishing and executing the strategy for developing and engaging Harhub community.
- Increasing membership of the community and convert newcomers into regulars
- Create, edit, facilitate and solicit content for the community
- Remove obstacles to participation and encourage members to make contributions
- Create and facilitate events to keep members engaged
- Build relationships with members and gain influence within the community
- Advocate internally within the organization and integrate business processes with community efforts
- Solve member-related issues to ensure a cohesive community and manage member expectations
- Manage resource sharing and knowledge dissemination. Ensure materials and online resources are accessible through an information sharing space;
- Support the development and implementation of a plan for hub to expand its support service remotely to other regions
- Engage in the larger community of the market by attending events and networking with local start-ups and organizations
- Develop community initiatives designed to create connections between members, ecosystem (i.e., member introductions and networking events)
- Design and implement rules, guidelines and best practices for the community to optimize member experience
- Support recruitment, onboarding, and development of incubators, co-working space members and new staff.
- Plan and execute events that help our members interact with the hub community as well as foster professional and personal development
- Resolve member complaints in a timely manner and settle disputes, grievances and conflicts that may arise within the community
- Conducts membership orientations, prepare documents, keys and access id’s
- Fosters an entrepreneurial culture within the hub by coordinating all co-worker members, incubators and networking events.
- Interact with members daily to help develop relationships, foster community connections, and obtain feedback on quality of services, supports they need, event requests, service levels and overall satisfaction
- Maintain and develop HarHub promotional materials and provide engaging text, image & video content for social media accounts and monitor and report on feedback and online reviews.
- Maintain the content calendar and ensure it is regular, relevant and up to date.
- Liaise with management to relay customer feedback insights gained from online conversations within the community.
Essential Qualifications, Skills & Knowledge
- Bachelor degree of community Development or Communication fields
- 4 years of experience in areas of communication, outreach, event management and customer care
- Customer service and sales experience required
- Management and business operations experience required
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding and experience managing a team
- Exceptional organizational and multitasking skills
- Demonstrate integrity, dependability, responsibility, accountability, self-awareness, work ethic, and empathy
- Passion and understanding for creative and innovative communities and community building while respecting companies’ boundaries
How to apply;
Interested candidates who meet the criteria above are encouraged to send their application letters and detailed CV to email@example.com by March 25, 2020. Kindly indicate the position title on the subject line when applying. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Harhub is an equal opportunity employer. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
2344 total views, 3 today