Communication and Public Relations Officer – Somalia
- Job category: Sales/Marketing/Communication
- Post date:17 Feb 2021
- Share job:
The Adventist Development and Relief Agency (ADRA) is a global humanitarian organization with a mission to work with people in poverty and distress to create just and positive change. ADRA Somalia belongs to the world wide network, comprised of more than 130 supporting and implementing country offices. ADRA Somalia is seeking to recruit Communication and Public Relations Officer.
- Help execute a strong ADRA Somalia brand strategy with a clear organizational story and design profile. Ensure the correct application of the brand guidelines across all communication channels, both printed and online.
- Oversee the planning and production of compelling and issues-oriented fundraising, advocacy and publicity materials (web-based, electronic, print and video) for effective donor and public engagement by ADRA Somalia – both in-country and internationally as appropriate.
- Coordinate the process of identifying, documentation and dissemination of most significant change stories, and promising best practices using various multimedia platforms.
- Support field teams in integrating documentation and communication to effectively draw lessons and change stories in line with the ADRA Somalia strategy
- Capture ongoing activities and development for sharing in diverse offline and online publications including the organizations’ digital media channels. Also provide communications materials/information as requested by donor offices.
- Write, edit and arrange production of newsletters, in-house magazines, pamphlets and brochures.
- Oversee production of visual (film or video) and audio electronic material, including website management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mass Communication or related field.
- Post graduate Diploma in Public Relations.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal in English
- Over 3 years’ experience in the area of communication and PR in a development setting.
- Proven experience in media, communication, advocacy or related field in the humanitarian context, including photography and video skills.
If you meet the above requirements, please submit your application including your CV/resumé via e-mail not later than 28th February 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
‘’ADRA Somalia is committed to upholding the rights of all children and vulnerable adults that we serve and those we interact with in the course of our work. We endevour to protect all from all forms of abuse and exploitation as outlined in the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child and Inter Agency Standing Committee (IASC) six core principles on Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (SEA). ADRA Somalia has zero tolerance to abuse and exploitation of beneficiaries and staff.’’
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1307 total views, 6 today