Communication Officer – Garowe, Puntland, Somalia
- Job category: Communication/Media
- Post date:2 Jan 2022
- Share job:
Communication Officer Somalia Puntland (national position)
01/16/2022, 04:00 PM
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
- Support the implementation of NRC Somalia’s Communications Strategy, based on the Country Advocacy Strategy, commitments to donors, and in line with NRC’s Global Communications Strategy.
- Work collaboratively with NRC communication team at the country office to develop and communications action plans that reflects use of a variety of different communications tools (photos, case studies, short videos etc).
- Liaise with NRC’s programmes teams to ensure NRC is meeting its commitments to donors and communicating appropriately with communities.
- Undertake regular travel to NRC program locations to gather high quality content relating to NRC programs.
- Support all programs teams with the development of visibility materials, ensuring these are developed in compliance with NRC and donor guidelines.
- Draft creative products that portray the humanitarian situation and needs in a manner that is dignified and focuses on the strengths and capacity of people in Somalia, allowing them to tell their own story.
- Work closely with communications colleagues at the country level to develop, coordinate and polish communications materials.
- Work with the Communication Coordinator, regional and global communication colleagues to identify materials for use on NRC’s social media channels.
- Draw out the visibility requirement in each grant agreement and donor commitment, prepare a detailed action plan with timeline and execute in coordination with the Communication Coordinator.
- Develop a monthly action plan detailing outputs and support required.
- Visit NRC field sites to collect communications materials for internal and external use.
- Work efficiently with programmes teams to develop visibility materials and other communications products that comply with NRC and donor guidelines.
- Engage actively with NRC regional and global communications teams to generate ideas, polish materials and ensure
NRC Somalia’s communications are appropriate targeted
- Any other tasks as required or directed by the Area Office.
- University degree in Communications, Journalism/Graphic design or related fields
- Minimum three years of INGO or equivalent experience working in a communications-related field
- Thorough knowledge and experience with photography and videography, including video editing
- Demonstrated skills using Adobe Premiere bro, Photoshop and other relevant programs
- Knowledge and experience of donor communications requirements
- Knowledge and experience drafting communications material in Somali and English
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with diverse groups through training, mentoring and other formal and non-formal methods
- High level English language proficiency (speaking, reading, writing)
- Analytic and computer skills, including MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access)
Context related skills, knowledge and experience (shall be adapted to the specific position):
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong work ethic and focus on results
- Strong organisational and team working skills
- Good ability to work independently
- Sensitivity and high levels of self-awareness
- Highly approachable, trustworthy and confidential
- Good English language skills
- Strong Somali writing skills
- Knowledge of the NGO operations and the dynamics of the humanitarian sector is a plus
- Proven presentation, training and facilitation skills
What We Offer:
Contract period: 1year, with possibility of extension
Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s salary scale and terms and conditions
Duty station: Garowe
Travel: frequent travel to NRC project locations
NRC may be required to verify the identity of its partners and to check that its partners have not been involved in illegal activities. NRC reserves the right to use electronic screening tools for this purpose.
Candidates are encouraged to apply early, as applications may be screened prior to the vacancy deadline Incomplete, email and paper applications will not be considered.
Qualified female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
——- NAGUSOO BIIR — SOMALI JOBS————-
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somalijobs
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
2715 total views, 1 today