Communication Officer – Hargeisa, Somaliland
- Job category: Sales/Marketing/Communication
- Post date:9 Jan 2021
- Share job:
|Number of Position(s):||One (1) Position|
|Location:||Hargeisa, Somaliland- SONSAF Office|
|Duration of initial contract:||One (1) year|
|Reporting to:||Program Manager|
Somaliland Non-State Actors forum SONSAF is a leading civil society platform that aims to engage all Somaliland Non-Stat actors by improving their capacity and position. Since its establishment in 2008, SONSAF’s mission and primary objective are to enhance non-state actor’s voice through better coordination and networking that contributes in helping Non-state actors to possess a vibrant space in policy dialogue arena especially, peace-building, security, democratization, development sustainability and have concrete influence in formulating policies that address the needs of all citizens. Overall, civil society and nongovernmental organizations (NGOs) can influence individual behavior and the institutions involved in all development sectors.
SONSAF is awarded an eighteen-month project intitled ‘Peaceful Elections (PEACE)’. The eighteen months project is funded by the European Union and has two main objectives:
- Monitoring and reducing electoral tensions through Election Situation Room (ESR) across Somaliland and
- Increasing Women’s, youth and minorities participation in Somaliland’s electoral and governance processes in the pre-election, election and post-election periods
Under the overall guidance of the Program Manager, the Communication Officer will be responsible for day-to-day activities of the project ensuring high quality and timely inputs, and for ensuring that the project maintains its strategic vision and that its activities result in the achievement of its intended outputs in a cost-effective and timely manner.
SONSAF is seeking Communication Officer who is well versed in working with civil society organizations (NGOs) and possess knowledge in key areas of Communications.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Draft in-house content and publications such as annual reports, projects report, and other communication materials that communicates SONSAF’s activities and messages.
- Contribute to the development of papers, reports, booklets, and presentations.
- Play lead role in content development, the design, preparation and maintenance of SONSAF website and social media accounts.
- Assist with planning, logistics and attends project events as requested by SONSAF Program Manager, provide technical editing and formatting assistance with program deliverables and reports.
- Develop and manage monthly/weekly plans, editorial calendars and posting schedules.
- Create a strong partnership with the NEC and CSOs involved in voter’s civic education, election observation and strengthen partnership with the political parties and media.
- Contribute to the website’s visual identity and social media by taking photographs or creating basic audio-visual material.
- Assist with public outreach/awareness campaigns; through developing and implementing an effective communications strategy based on SONSAF target audience.
- Develop and maintain relevant databases, including media contacts.
- Assist in identifying suppliers of printing materials and other events management, media, and logistics.
- Take the lead in preparing documentaries for project visibility.
- Track and analyze responses to social media content, and develop reports highlighting trends and recommendations.
- Preparing reports when required.
Required skills and Experience
- A first-level university degree in Communications, Journalism, or related field.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in similar communications role.
- Experience in composition, layout, design for documents, printing, web site content composition and documentary production.
- Experienced in updating websites and social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google and AdWords.)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe applications (Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign.)
- Experience in Photography and videography is essential.
- Strong ability in spoken and written Somali and English.
- Proven success in identifying and building audiences and engaging online communities in conversations around migration, social justice, and human rights.
- Experience in the facilitation of recognized capacity building training courses is desirable.
- Familiarity with EU rules, regulations and reporting requirements preferred.
- Extensive experience in drafting official documents to be circulated at senior level.
- Ability to work with results-orientation and efficiency in a multi-tasking environment.
- Ability to perform effectively under high pressure, hardship conditions and long working hours.
- Demonstrable excellent communication skills, verbally and in writing.
Submission: detailed CV with a cover letter will be submitted no later than 13st January 2021, at 4 pm.
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Office location: SONSAF is situated Masala Area, Next to Masalaha Hospital
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
2622 total views, 16 today