Communications Consultant, Somaliland
- Job category: Sales/Marketing/Communication
- Post date:1 Apr 2021
- Share job:
Communications Consultant, Somaliland
King’s Global Health Partnerships (KGHP) is seeking a consultant to support our external communications in Somaliland over a 3-4 month period. Working with the Senior Communications Officer in London, the consultant will be responsible for delivering a series of outputs for external communications with a view to documenting our work and raising the profile of the King’s Somaliland Partnership.
The communications will focus particularly on our project ‘Prepared for Practice’ which is improving the quality of teaching for medical, nursing and midwifery students at three universities, and our work at Hargeisa Group Hospital with the Emergency Department.
We are looking for a consultant who has a minimum of 2 years communications experience including photography, video footage, producing case studies and stories of change. Ideally, the consultant will have experience delivering similar work in Africa and understands the health and education systems in Somaliland.
About King’s Global Health Partnerships
King’s Global Health Partnerships works with health facilities, academic institutions and governments to strengthen health systems and improve the quality of care in four countries: Somaliland, Sierra Leone, the Democratic Republic of Congo and Zambia. We bring together health, academic and international development expertise from King’s College London, the UK’s National Health Service (NHS) and our international partners to:
- Educate, train and support healthcare workers
- Strengthen healthcare and training institutions
- Enhance national health policies and systems.
We connect UK and African health professionals, providing training, mentoring and hands-on support; and undertake collaborative research to inform policy and practice. We also support our partners by providing access to funding, networks and development opportunities. Through these long-term partnerships and our global volunteering scheme we promote skills and knowledge exchange, and mutual learning that contribute to building a stronger health workforce and improved quality of healthcare both internationally and in the UK.
In Somaliland, we are working in partnership with three universities (Edna Adan University, University of Hargeisa, Amoud University) and Hargeisa Group Hospital to develop the health workforce and improve the quality of care.
Key internal relationships
This 4-month assignment is based in Hargeisa, Somaliland and will require some travel to Boroma. The consultant will report to the Senior Communications Officer in London. He/she will work closely with the Programme Manager and Programme Officer, with staff at partner universities and Hargeisa Group Hospital, and. He/she will work to ensure that the stories of students, lecturers, patients, healthcare workers and other project stakeholders are captured and that the work the King’s Somaliland Partnership is implementing is documented in high quality formats that can be used with external audiences.
A detailed workplan with agreed deliverables will be established at the beginning of the consultancy. The consultant will support external communications by:
- Providing regular and engaging content (case studies, blogs, interviews and photos) for web pages and social media, ensuring it is accurate, impactful and motivates supporters to engage with KGHP
- Producing impact case studies focusing on our partners (2-3 case studies of students/health lecturers/health workers/hospital management)
- Supporting content generation for the new KGHP quarterly newsletter
- Supporting the production of an impact report for the Prepared for Practice project (including producing 1-2 case studies for the publication)
- Providing on the ground support for the production of a promotional film to engage new KGHP volunteers.
- Demonstrable experience in communicating international development projects (experience of documenting health and education projects would be an advantage)
- Excellent photography and videography skills
- Demonstrable experience of producing high quality case studies and stories of change
- Strong understanding of the ethical considerations of gathering communications content
- Professional and able to represent the King’s Somaliland Partnership with partners
- Ability to work proactively as part of a team and co-operatively across teams
- An understanding of and commitment to King’s Global Health Partnership’s vision and values
- Very strong communication and writing skills (in English).
- Ability to work autonomously
Terms and Conditions:
|Days||13 – 18 days over a 4 month period|
|Contract duration:||4 months, starting ASAP|
Equipment: The consultant will need to provide their own laptop, digital camera and video equipment.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should send a CV, cover letter and daily fee rate to: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 11pm on Sunday 11 April 2021. We will review applications on a rolling basis so we encourage you to submit an application early. Please note that only completed applications will be considered.
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1285 total views, 2 today