Communications Officer – Baidoa, Somalia
- Job category: Sales/Marketing/Communication
- Post date:16 Sep 2020
- Job expires in: 3 days
- Share job:
Gargaar Relief and Development Organization (GREDO)
Commitment to Diversity
GREDO is an equal opportunities employer.
Submission Email: HYPERLINK “mailto:email@example.com” firstname.lastname@example.org
GREDO is an indigenous local NGO. Non-profit non-partial, non- political and voluntary organization based in Baidoa. To reach the most affected grass-root communities in Bay and Bakool regions and lower Shebelle effectively and efficiently, the necessity of local partnership in relief program appeared. Responding to the partnership need, a group of Somali intellectuals and well-wishers initiated in December 1992 a local non-governmental organization called Gargaar Relief and Development Organization (GREDO) the organization has implemented during these period different projects including relief and emergency programs and later improved into rehabilitation and developmental programs.
GREDO Organization., we are one of the long serving national NGO in Somalia working in different sectors. We are hiring an experienced Communications Officer to help us keep growing. If you are dedicated and ambitious, GREDO. Is an excellent place to grow your career? Do not hesitate to apply.
Responsibilities for Communications Officer
• Develop, write and edit marketing and communications materials, including press releases, info graphs, blog posts and social media content
• Promote communications and marketing materials through appropriate social channels
• Track analytics and create reports detailing successes and failures of communications campaigns
• Ensure that all communications, visibility and marketing material aligns with organizations/donors brand standards and guidelines
• Maintain digital media archives including photos and videos
• Work with communications team members to conceptualize and implement communications strategies and campaigns
• Respond to media inquiries and perform media outreach to achieve brand placement in publications
• Develop escalation protocols for managing communication crises, should they arise
Collect human-interest stories, success stories and interesting stories from programme staff, beneficiaries and partners for social media channels and funding reports. Desired: experience interviewing a range of different people and capturing the interview through notes, voice or video recording, interest and willingness to travel, understanding of consent
Build relationships with media platforms and journalists to encourage coverage of issues important to GREDO.
Qualifications for Communications Officer
• Have a bachelor’s degree in a field such as communications or journalism
2+ years prior experience in a communications or marketing role
• Understand the best practices of main social media channels including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, etc. and using twitter handles.
• Must possess exceptional writing skills, analytical skills and be able to compose engaging and accurate content.
• Strong communicator who works well independently and with a team.
• Superior time management skills and the ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously
• Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, infographics, and Illustrator is an asset
• Understanding of communications, public relations and marketing best practices
• Ability to think strategically and identify ways to improve communication efforts
• Must be resourceful and take initiative even when given minimal direction
able to work in Somali and English
The responsibilities of the post will require the post holder to have regular contact with children or young people.
Integrity: Honest, encourages openness, transparency and sincere.
The candidate will be based in Baidoa, but frequent travels to meet beneficiaries and field visits is required.
NB: All applicants should drop a letter of application and updated CV (including 3 Professional referees) to email@example.com Please indicate the position applied for in the subject. The deadline for application is 28/09/2020
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
GREDO is an equal opportunities employer
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1206 total views, 69 today