Community and Communications Officer – Hargeisa, Somaliland
Terms of Reference for Community and Communications Officer
Founded in late 2018 and a spin-off Shaqodoon, HarHub was established to support early-stage startup to grow and expand through the provision of unique services. The Hub is the first purposely built innovation hubs that have positioned itself as a home for where entrepreneurial spirit, creativity, drive, and passion come alive. It is where young entrepreneurs feel comfortable working on their own projects, while having the possibility of sharing, engaging, and in essence, creating together with others. More than a workspace with memberships suited to all needs, meeting facilities, a quickly filling agenda of events, accelerators programs and co-creation projects, and a very flexible mentality.
The aim of Harhub is to be a business and people-driven impact hub in Somali-speaking regions and beyond, as well as build an entrepreneurial community and co-working space to curb the rate of unemployment rate among the youth in Somaliland, which comprise a higher quota of the population. The hub has identified ways they can help young people access opportunities and create jobs for them by running programs and services tailored to allow young innovators and entrepreneurs to create, build, scale and sustain social ventures that tackle the community’s most pressing issues such as unemployment.
Harhub is looking for a community and communications Officer. Find below the terms of reference and duties that are expected to performed in this position:
- Set up and run Harhub Co-working and Common space (attracting clients, evaluating the needs of the clients, managing the space, and engaging directly with the members regarding concerns, feedback, etc).
- Support recruitment, onboarding, and development of incubators, co-working space members and new staff.
- Find ways of increasing membership of the community and convert newcomers into regulars.
- Remove obstacles to participation and encourage members to make contributions
- Advocate internally within the organization and integrate business processes with community effort.
- Solve member-related issues to ensure a cohesive community and manage member expectations.
- Develop community initiatives designed to create connections between members, ecosystem (i.e., member introductions and networking events).
- Design and implement rules, guidelines and best practices for the community to optimize member experience.
- Resolve member complaints in a timely manner and settle disputes, grievances and conflicts that may arise within the community.
- Interact with members daily to help develop relationships, foster community connections, and obtain feedback on quality of services, supports they need, event requests, service levels and overall satisfaction.
- Establishing and executing the strategy for developing and engaging Harhub community.
- Create, edit, facilitate and solicit content for the community.
- Create and facilitate events to keep members engaged.
- Build relationships with members and gain influence within the community.
- Manage resource sharing and knowledge dissemination. Ensure materials and online resources are accessible through an information sharing space.
- Engage in the larger community of the market by attending events and networking with local start-ups and organizations.
- Plan and execute events that help our members interact with the hub community as well as foster professional and personal development.
- Maintain and develop HarHub promotional materials and provide engaging text, image & video content for social media accounts and monitor and report on feedback and online reviews.
- Maintain the content calendar and ensure it is regular, relevant and up to date.
- Liaise with management to relay customer feedback insights gained from online conversations within the community.
Required Education, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences such as Communications, Marketing, Political Science, and Sociology etc.
Skill and Experience:
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in communications strategy development (essential).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Great attitude and eagerness to learn.
- Works well under pressure and meets tight deadlines.
- Highly computer literate with capability in email, MS Office and related business and communication tools.
- Content writing experience for all media platforms.
- Proven social media and networking expertise.
- Strategic and creative mindset.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- A portfolio of work available for review.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English and Somali
How to apply;
Interested candidates who meet the criteria above are encouraged to send their application letters and detailed CV to email@example.com by March 7th, 2021. Kindly indicate the position title on the subject line when applying. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Harhub is an equal opportunity employer. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1188 total views, 152 today