Community Engagement Officer – Mogadishu, Somalia
- Job category: Community Affairs
- Post date:28 Jul 2020
- Job expires in: 1 day
- Share job:
|Location||Mogadishu (Keysaney Hospital)|
|Reports To:||Fistula Project Manager|
JOB DESCRIPTION – Community engagement Officer
The Somali Red Crescent Society (SRCS) is an independent, non-political humanitarian organization that was founded in April 1963 and was established with presidential decree No. 187 in 1965. It was then recognized by the ICRC in 1969 and in the same year became a member of the International Federation of the Red Cross and the Red Crescent societies
The Somali Red Crescent Society is currently looking for a qualified candidates to fill the vacant positions of Community engagement Office
Overall Job Purpose
To provide the required technical support to all community awareness, and ensure that the fistula program is well coordinated with other relevant partners in the communities such as maternal health projects, e.g. SRCS MCH/OPD/OTP clinics.Coordinate the referrals and counter referrals out of Mogadishu with the different partners and communities
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinate all the referrals and the ambulatory services needed before and after the referrals as well as coordination with communities.
- In liaison with SRCS Primary health care program, mobilize and coordinate awareness activities, and participation in fistula activities in the country.
- To provide the support to the project manager to collect from the required information to prepare the monthly and quarterly reports, as wellthan the annual plans in accordance with program contractual obligations.
- Participate in the assessment of needs for program sustainability, expansion and reach.
- Continuously assess training needs, organize training workshops and seminars for fistula capacity development from community health workers and volunteers.
- Participate in fistula clinic visits when is required from the project manager.
- Identify opportunities for enhancing the effectiveness of fistula awareness, identification and referrals of patients from the community.
- Ensure that the fistula project is well integrated within other relevant projects such asmaternal health projects, SRCS MCH/OPD/OTP program implemented by SRCS inpartnership with ICRC. H/she will be the main counter part of the SRCS RH responsible for the awareness and referrals.
- Training to TBAs and midwives at the SRCS and other Primary health care clinics.
- Awareness of the fistula problem to different groups: universities, community groups,etc.
- Psychosocial support to the patients arriving from referrals.
- Develop and follow up the waiting list for referrals and contra referrals.
- Preparation of IEC materials, follow up of awareness and communication campaigns(Radio, etc.)
- Ensure that the patients going back to the community have the proper guidance and contra referral documents.
- Ensure that the PHC midwives receive the patient and provide the required follow up (for
patients out of Mogadishu).
Education, Training & Professional Qualifications
- Post graduate in Public health or in nurse with 3 years of experience
- Experience in community engagement & health Programs.
- SRCS volunteer experience is an asset
- Experiencein and/or a good level of knowledge about Fistula program management and strong community engagement skills.
- Relevant Experience of public/community health, specially community engagement
- Training and experience in psychosocial support
Leadership and Management Certification/Licensing
Job Competencies & Experience
- Demonstrating consistency in upholding integrity and ethics
- Demonstrated knowledge and commitment to the fundamental principles of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement
- Team leader with demonstrated mentoring and coaching skills
- Effective communications and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate openness to change & ability to manage complexities
- Demonstrated conflict resolution skills and ability to manage inter-
- Competencies group dynamics and mediate conflicting interests
- Maturity & confidence in dealing with senior and high ranking community level.
- Remain calm, in control and good humored even under pressure
- Respond positively to critical feedback and differing points of views
- Proficiency in computer office packages word, excel, power point.
- Language Requirement :Demonstrate proficiency in Somali and English languages
Interested candidates are encouraged to send their updated CV, cover letter, and copy of their certificates to: email@example.com
Deadline for Applications: August 10,2020 and Note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
2495 total views, 5 today