Community Media Development Officer (CMDO)
- Job category: Community Affairs
- Post date:20 Sep 2019
- Share job:
Somalia BUILD Project
Job Title: Community Media Development Officer (CMDO)
Position Location: BUILD Project,Mogadishu, Somalia
Creative Associates International Inc. is a dynamic and fast-growing professional services firm that specializes in international development in the areas of education, democratic transitions and stabilization in post-conflict environments. Based in Washington, DC, the firm has a field presence in 20 countries worldwide with a strong and diverse portfolio that includes global contracts with the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) and other clients including the U.S. Department of State and the U.S. Department of Defense. The firm has earned a solid reputation among its clients and missions worldwide and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
PLEASE NOTE: This position is located in Mogadishu, Somalia. The successful applicant must be a Somalia national and have the right to work in Somalia. No relocation or similar expenses will be paid by Creative Associates.
TheBringing Unity, Integrity and Legitimacy to Democracy (BUILD) project aims to support electoral and political processes in Somalia by fostering increased citizen participation; building the capacity of civil society, election management bodies (EMBs), and other relevant government and non-govenrmentbodies to pave the way for one person, one voteelections in Somalia; and supporting the development of issue-based and viable political parties.
Position Start Date:
The CMDO, will be responsible for coordinating and working with various sectors of BUILD Program on the areas of, civic engagement and will be facilitating engagement on political and democratization processes using various means with emphasis on use of social media and following up on them to connect and engage civic actors and grantees in such processes. He/she will be connecting grantees with civil society actorsand government stakeholders and facilitating to promote positive actions in the areas of elections, constitution, legislative process and gender empowerment. The CMDO will carry out day to day project civic engagement activities by overseeing grants’ ongoing progress and social media strategies and plans. Program Mangerwill closely work with BUILD Project team.
REPORTING & SUPERVISION
The CMDO Civic Society reports to theCivic Engagement Manager
The CMDO Civil Society will:
- Manage and oversee several grants and understand the grants process, coordinate closely with BUILD Grants Manager on administrative and Capacity Engagement Manager on all programmatic aspects of the grants to ensure smooth implementation.
- Support and work with the civic engagement team tofacilitate more constructive civic engagementpresence on social media (to include civic education, voter education, and advocacy activities)onvarious topics
- Implement activitiesand trainings on use of social media to enhance civic engagement, civic education, voter education and message development contextual bases.
- Facilitate networking betweencommunity influencers andBUILDto design initiatives to promote political participation at all levels (national/federal, state, grassroots).
- Assist media specialist in promoting and updating project’s social media posts.
- Oversee and facilitate the implementation of grantsby local partnersand advise the gaps, challenges and way-forward specifically as they relate to social media presence.
- Other tasks assigned by the Civic Engagement Manager.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- At least six years of relevant, professional experience in civic engagement/civil society work in Somalia
- Somali national only.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human rights, development studies or Advocacy or similar one;
- Strong communication skills;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe applications;
- Experience in social media tools and strategies
- Team player, with excellent coordination, organizational, training design and delivery, time management, and communication skills.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Experience working in Somalia on similar projects;
- Previous experience working on transition programs in other insecure environments is desirable but not required;
- Experience working on social media tools
- Working knowledge of USAID policies, rules and regulations preferred;
This position description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of the position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed appropriate and necessary.
How to apply:
Send electronic submissions of updated resumes & cover letter to email@example.com before 5 PM SundayOctober 06,2019. Please include the Job Title in the subject line. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1611 total views, 1 today