Community Mobilisation Assistant – CCCM- G5
- Job category: Management/Leadership
- Post date:26 Nov 2019
- Job expires in: Endless
- Share job:
Position title Community Mobilisation Assistant – CCCM- G5
Place of performance Baidoa, Somalia
Apply by 07/12/2019
Start date 01/01/2020
Duration up to 3 months (@21.75days/month)
Bachelor’s degree in Management, Business administration, Social sciences or related field of study. Alternatively, a combination of relevant education and professional experience with at least three years of relevant professional experience; • Or, high.
Sector experience Minimum of 2 years of demonstrable relevant Community Stabilisation experience.
Geographical experience Minimum of 2 year of experience in Africa (essential).
Language Fluency in English (essential) and Somali ().
CTG Overview CTG stands for Committed To Good. With an ethical approach at the heart of all that we do, it is a description that makes us proud. Respect for the fundamental human rights of our staff, and those our staff encounter, is a cornerstone of our values. We strive for gender equality, inclusion and diversity, providing fair and equal opportunities for all. We take a zero tolerance approach to corruption and stay true to local labour laws and all local statutory requirements.
In operation since 2006, today we are honoured to serve clients in 15 fragile and conflict-affected states assisting with disaster relief, peace building, humanitarian aid and development programmes through our specialised recruitment, HR management and operational services.
Overview of position
The IOM Somalia team is implementing frontline activities as well as taking the lead in coordinating the Camp Coordination and Camp Management (CCCM) cluster to improve the coordination, delivery and monitoring of humanitarian services to vulnerable populations living in communal settings.
Under the overall supervision of the direct supervision of the Head of Sub-Office/ CCCM Programme Officer and the overall supervision of the Programme Manager, CCCM/DTM, the successful candidate will be responsible for IOM’s Site Management operations as part of the wider CCCM programming, ensuring that activities implemented are in line with the CCCM Global Cluster policies and strategies.
Support coordination with various operational partners and IDP institutions within and across sectors including IDP leaders, community groups, service providers and government ministries etc;
Promote community participation, conduct awareness sessions, and support service providers in organizing community consultations, with representation of women, men, girls and boys, including persons living with disabilities;
Participate in regular meetings with community leadership structures and lead the development and follow up of joint action plans;
Assist in the utilization of multiple communication channels and methods (site committees, notice boards, broadcasts, complaint desks etc.). Set up an information management system in the site, including the collection and the supply of data and the transparent sharing of the information;
Develop weekly work plans and monitor the work of community outreach workers;
Assist in the management of Complaints and Feedback Mechanisms (CFM); refer cases to relevant service providers, follow up on referred cases and provide feedback to clients to promote accountability;
Ensure that IDPs are aware of the assistance and services available in the site and how to access them; and support service providers in the inclusion of persons with specific needs and in the prevention of violence, exploitation and abuse;
Actively assist joint assessments, needs analysis, identification of gaps, service monitoring and evaluation activities;
Assist in compilation of timely and comprehensive reports;
Perform any other duties as may be required.
CCCM Programme Officer
Key competencies The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following competencies:
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way
To be advised
APPLY NOW: https://recruitmentctg.force.com/xcdrecruit__Site_ExternalPositionDetails?id=a111o00000GB1JU
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1795 total views, 4 today