Community Mobilizer – Hiiraan, Beletweyne, Somalia
- Job category: Community Affairs
- Post date:11 Jan 2021
- Job expires in: 16 mins
- Share job:
Formal Education Network for Private Schools (FENPS) is seeking for community mobilizing officer for education program in Hiran, Beletweyne Somalia.
FENPS is not for profit and non-governmental Organization in Somalia. Since established in 2003, FENPS played a role in addressing the particular needs of especially vulnerable groups in society who often lack education, health care, protection and livelihood opportunities.
FENPS has a vision of a society where all children have access to quality education and are not subjected to any abuse. The mission of FENPS is to uplift children and allow them to grow in confidence and realize their fullest potential through guidance, education and training in secure and caring environments that are conducive to learning. The aim of FENPS is to provide youth and children with positive values and skills for their personal and national development.
- The Community Mobilizer will be responsible for working at community level to support school enrollment, access and retention for children in 22 schools in Beletweine, Hiran region.
- The Community Mobilizer will be primarily field based and will work in a team with a dedicated Education Officer for each in Beletweine, Hiran region.
- The Community Mobilizer will work closely with parents and key community members to support peer-learning and homework clubs, parent engagement with schools, and information/awareness rising at the community level.
- Perform advocacy and outreach activities in the areas covered by the FENPS project , including community-based awareness raising sessions on the importance of education, counseling and mentoring students with special needs, and their parents
- The Community Mobilizer will Participate in needs assessments, focus group discussions, awareness raising and information activities, and liaise with M&E team for feedback on M&E assessments
- The Community Mobilizer will support Community Education Committees (CECs) to support children’s learning in community areas
- The Community Mobilizer will deliver mobilization and training sessions on parenting Skills for CEC members
- The Community Mobilizer will identify community members who can work as back to school campaigns for out of school children
- Collect data and fill assessment forms
- Ensure proper documentation of data collected (hard and soft copies)
- Attend regular coordination meetings with Project Officer, Senior Project Officer and Education Manager in FENPS Beletweine Office
- Share information on successes and challenges with team
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Education Officer
Indirect Reporting: FENPS Program Manager
- Have basic understanding in Education in Emergencies
- Bachelor Degree in Humanity (Educational administration, Business administration, etc.) or equivalent
- Work Experience not less than 3 years
- Computer software literate (Ms. Word, Ms. Excel, Ms. Power point, etc.)
- Good report writing skills
- Good in English language
How to apply
- Interested candidates are requested to send their CVs with motivation later to FENPS Human Resources Department through firstname.lastname@example.org and copy to email@example.com with subject line quoted “Community Mobilizer”
- The deadline of the application is 15 January 2021 @5:00PM Somalia time
- Application received after that date will be reviewed
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
Note: FENPS has no tolerance of child abuse
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
570 total views, 35 today